Water Enhancers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Portal, May 26, 2013.

1. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I love to tease my non-physicist friends that anything not formalized with equations is just narrative with twist. :D

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have never cared for "sweet tea", so I am no judge of same. In restaurants, before the diabetes, I would order both sweet and unsweetened teas and mix them. Now, I just order water with lemon.

3. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tried that once or twice. It was pretty good, as when I do want a sweet tea (very rarely), I want it to be mildly sweet. My Uncle used to make home brewed tea and he's just use a pinch of sweetener, and it tastes like unsweetened tea until you held it on your tongue for just a second, and that slight sweetness would creep in. It was quite good. I've managed to get that just right as well, and so if I want a little sweet, that's what I do. Otherwise, unsweetened all the way.

Unless it's peach tea. Peach tea is perfection if it's done right.

4. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that!

Mr Awe

5. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I love tea. I'm always drinking tea. I have some with me right now.

It's usually green or white tea, and always unsweetened. Always loose leaf, never the tea dust you can find in tea bags. I have the brewing amounts and time down to a science based on type of tea. :)

Mr Awe

6. Sector 7

I had to stop drinking tea altogether. It was causing kidney problems. Later, I learned that green tea can precipitate kidney stones in those who are prone to them [I am]. I am now so used to water with lemon that it is the only thing I order.

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I've tried these due to this thread and I love it. Been using the lemonade, and also picked up the sport version, and I particularly like that I can turn my water into gatorade. Sure, I know there's powdered gatorade, but this is much more convenient.

8. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cheaper, too.

9. Portal

Portal Commander Red Shirt

Very cool. Last night I put some orange/tangerine in a chilled bottled water and it tasted so good. They're a miracle.

10. Namikaze

Namikaze Lieutenant Red Shirt

I work for a large retailer who has stringent guidelines on disposal of chemicals, garbage, damaged products and other waste.
    Anything that falls within these toxic categories has to be packed into giant Ziploc bags and then into stored in airtight containers (think giant tupperware) until a licensed EPA recycling company comes to dispose of the materials.

I was interested in Mio as an alternative to the large amounts of Coca Cola I drink, until I learned that the beverage has to be packed and stored for recycling and cannot be thrown in the trash, as it contains chemicals which are harmful for the environment.

Again, keep in mind that with my soft drink addiction, I'm not an avid health food nut, but after learning this at work and then doing research online, I was wary enough of the product to decide not to ingest it. I know there seems to be similar hype whenever there is a new type of artificial sweetener (sweet-n-low cancer scare comes to mind) and I realize Coca Cola isn't healthy by any means (though I trust it more because the waste isn't deemed toxic for the environment), I thought I'd share what I've learned in the hopes that you'll make your own decisions.

I'm sorry if someone already mentioned this, I only skimmed the first page of the thread. Also, I'm curious to hear opinions of Mio based on what I've shared versus your own personal research. If you're interested, search for a list of ingredients.

11. Portal

Portal Commander Red Shirt

^Thank you for that information, I knew there was more to the story.

12. Sector 7

Coca-Cola syrup is also toxic to the environment. Trucks transporting Coca-Cola syrup must have a hazardous materials license (HAZMAT certification).