Water Enhancers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Portal, May 26, 2013.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Cucumber slices are very nice as well.

2. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

:lol: Good one.

3. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

When I drink a beverage like iced tea or lemonade or Coke, it takes more of it to quench my thirst. So during the day I drink mostly plain water to replenish those precious bodily fluids. ;)

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I love water. Plain water with nothing in it tastes delicious and is so refreshing. It doesn't need to be cold or anything either. I grew up on well water so a lot of tap water still tastes a bit weird to me, but it's still good! I can't imagine any flavor additive actually enhancing the taste of water, but if it's not bad for you and it gets you to drink more water, then that's great.

5. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

The only thing I will add to water sometimes is those little Crystal Light packets, usually lemonade flavored, because I love me some lemonade. I've tried the other kinds of water enhancers but the flavors always tasted a little off to me. Or, it tastes weird because it's like really watered down juice.

I enjoy drinking water by itself usually, though I want it to be ice cold (preferably crushed ice). Room temperature beverages are no good.

6. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

I love these. I honestly don't like the taste of plain water (it tastes like cold slimey liquid air, yuck.) so things like this definitely helps me make sure i'm drinking enough water in a day.

7. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

Tried a few different ones. Nothing to write home about. For me at least, a good ice cold bottle of plain water was better. The ones I tried were either way to sweet with the fake sweetener or to bitter--didn't matter what amount of the flavouring I used. I did notice that the colder the water, the better the taste.

8. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I do that everyday when I make tea, but no way is that a water enhancer or flavored water! It's just tea! Same with coffee!

Mr Awe

9. Mr Awe

Wow! I agree completely with IT! That doesn't happen often! :techman:

Make no mistake, you are adding chemicals to the water. Chemicals that start out highly concentrated. Further, don't delude yourself into thinking that you're "enhancing" the water. You're adding chemical flavors to it.

You're probably doing no more harm than all the other artificially flavored junk out there, but be realistic about what you're doing.

Mr Awe

10. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I've always had trouble even comprehending disliking the taste of water -- I was completely confused by the idea as a kid, and it still baffles me. To me water doesn't have a taste. It's just wet.

11. Mr Awe

^ I love plain water myself. I sort of think it has a flavor, but a good one! And, when you're hot and thirsty, it tastes better than anything else!

12. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Yeah, and I've definitely had water that tastes nasty or exceptionally good, however, I always feel like that's the flavor of something in the water (minerals, salts, whatever).

13. Mr Awe

^ That's definitely true. I used to live out in Colorado in a town that had very low ranking water taste (apparently there was a survey). Never understood that because I quite like it! Apparently, there's an acquired taste for some water!

By and large, I find that the tap water in most places is just fine. But, there are exceptions.

14. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I use the Dasani drops.

I cut out all (non-booze) liquid calories in December and have dropped 20 pounds. I'm back at my college weight, so no complaints from me here.

I'll still drink a couple of glasses of tap water during the day, but some variety with my meals is great.

15. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Why not just drink cold water? In Norway they sell water with taste added. The problem with some of these is that there is sweetening crap/sugar in it. You might not taste it all that well, but it's there. And sugar, like salt, makes you thirsty and dehydrates you. I'm sure they make them without sugar too. Personally I prefer drinking water as it is, with as little weirdness in it as possible. Not sure why everyone insists on only drinking/eating what is bad for them..

16. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

ahaha <3

17. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Indeed.

On the other hand, someone must mention that water is a chemical, too. ;)

18. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Dasani Drops are even better than mio, more natural tasting but no calories.

19. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

So this is basically just Squash concentrate, but sold in little bottles?

Doesn't seem like a particularly new idea to me, we have a huge section in every supermarket where you can buy them in BIG bottles.

20. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

It's handy on the go, and easier mixing than Crystal Light and such. I'm drinking some right now actually.

RAMA