Voyager's Weapon's Complement

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Photon, May 18, 2007.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Everyone chalks that up to Janeway being very pessimistic in that scene; they were able to adapt and use other materials to make more.

Otherwise they got lucky as they took 20 shuttles with them as well.

2. The Borg Queen

The Borg Queen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is there a website that keeps a tally of how many shuttles were destroyed throughout Voyager's journey?

3. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

4. RaulMacca

RaulMacca Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought The chroniton torpedos came out of flux prior to exploding hence the undetonated one seven found that had punched a hole in the hull? if it remained in flux it would surely just pass right through voyager's bulkheads.

Transphasic torpedos and their effect to me suggest they are in a state of flux as well and janeway just detonated them right next to the cubes warpcore, we know unshielded cubes can survive a full volley from a galaxy class at point blank range, these torpedos are not much more advanced in years than anything to be found on the e-d, could one really pack more punch than all the torpedos we see in first contact? My own view is no it's only like 15 years more advanced than what we see in first contact, as such I think the torpedo bypasses the cubes defences and pops up inside before detonating, also the name of the thing, *Trans*phasic could trans not stand for Transition or something?

5. Dimension11

Dimension11 Commander Red Shirt

If the knowledge was gained after assimilating Janeway, there's no reason to believe that only the armor and not the weapons were assimilated. Although the queen mentioned "armor", personally I believe it was both? Maybe at that time she'd only had time to adapt to the armor.

And 7 didn't get to adapt to the (cronoton) torpedos in YoH, or else voyager wouldn't be in 1/2 as bad shape.

Possibly cuz the cube had not been passed information about voyager's new arsenal. The borg's communications was in a state of disarray after the patheogen.

Not necessarily. As seen previously, weapons which target the borg specifically may not be as effective against other species. Admiral Janeway specifically said that she developed "technology that could defeat the borg" in order to bring her people safely home.

6. Dimension11

Dimension11 Commander Red Shirt

Cronoton Torpedos - In a state of TEMPORAL flux (hence crono)

Transphasic torpedos probably in a partially phased state?

7. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

In this way trans means across or through all barriers.
    The TT's were designed to penetrate (Borg) shielding AND hull and explode inside the ship-causing massive devesatation.