Voyager's Weapon's Complement

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Photon, May 18, 2007.

1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Couple of things: a) Did Voyager use up all the T'phasic Torps battling the Borg?
    b) If not, what did SF/Feds do w/them?

2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Canon: We don't know
    Novel: They were handed over to Starfleet Intel: Department of Temporal Investigations

3. Photon

OK, thanx. :thumbsup:

4. Dimension11

Dimension11 Commander Red Shirt

Well, technically, it wouldn't have mattered too much, since the Borg had already adapted to them :S

5. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voyager has the greatest weapons of all time. They are really super. The best.

That's my Voyager weapons compliment.

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

sorry

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid I cannont complement your complimet. (Not that I'd want to. :p)

And didn't your mother tell you it's bad manners to laugh at your own jokes?

7. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know. I have that problem. So it goes...

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

No problem. As for the assimilation of the armor technology, that doesn't mean the Federation couldn't adapt to it.

I think that - in the novels at least - the Voyager tech will be returning soon for the TNG relaunch's encounter with the Borg.

9. Photon

Which brings up an interesting thought-should SF use V'gers tech to go after a weakened Borg (using of those handy-dandy conduits)

10. Dimension11

Dimension11 Commander Red Shirt

Which happen to be 1 way, ie. you can't travel back through one. And not to mention the hub was destroyed :S

11. RaulMacca

RaulMacca Vice Admiral Admiral

Did the borg adapt to the torpedos, or the armor? I thought it was the armor they adapted to, ofcourse seven of nine adapted to what are more or less transphasic torpedos in year of hell on her own, so it would have took the entire collective like an hour top's to figure it out.

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ The Queen said in the episode:

I may have assimiliated your pathogen, but I also assimilated your armor technology.

There were not transphasic torpedoes in Year of Hell, they were Chroniton Torpedoes.

13. Photon

Yep, that last V'ger torpedo pretty much kicked that Sphere's ass.

14. RaulMacca

RaulMacca Vice Admiral Admiral

year of hells torpedos as I understand it are the same thing with a different name, torpedos that are out of phase with normal space time, pass through the shields and bingo, isn't that what voys transphasic torpedos done? Seven invented temporal shields or some cr*p and the day was saved.

15. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Borg aren't the only other race. Transphasic Torpedoes and the armor technology would greatly shift the balance of power in the alpha quadrant.

16. BenRoethig

BenRoethig Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Getting rid of them per the TPD is the only thing that makes sense to me. The scimitar/ Enterprise-E battle wouldn't have lasted all that long if starfleet still had the torps and armor.

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

They weren't. The Chroniton torpedoes were based on temporal science and could only pass through shields - not destroy a vessel outright because they were in temporal flux. The transphasic torpedoes overcame the Borg's abilities to adapt and delivered such high concentrations of energy that the Borg were overloaded. They simply exploded.

Two different things.

18. UssHell

UssHell Lieutenant Red Shirt

too bad voyager lost the temporal shielding technology, would have helped them plenty from temporal investagations, or that dude that planted the type something temporal bomb. lol

19. Transwarped

Transwarped Lieutenant Red Shirt

What I really want to know is how did Voyager not run out of photon torpedoes? I thought I remember them saying that they couldn't build repacements onboard. Those suckers should've been gone by the end of Season 2.

20. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ They did: Janeway tells Chakotay they only had 38 torpedoes aboard and no way to replace them.

According to Memory Alpha's entry on this topic Voyager fired over 100 torpedoes during the course of the series.