USS Enterprise (eventually) on Discovery?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by EJD1984, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Where was it stated in the episode that Tuvok’s memories of his time on the Excelsior were false? Once people in the memory started reacting to Janeway’s presence, that was the point when things would have been different. But before that, the episode implies that Tuvok’s memories were accurate. The only ‘false’ memory was of the falling girl, which the virus created just to disguise itself. And no one at the end of the episode said that Valtane didn’t actually die and that his death was just a false memory. On the contrary, Valtane had to have died in order for Tuvok to have gotten the virus in the first place.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Jerikka Dawn likes this.
  2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I actually like the version on the right. Brighter looks--and I first thought "wow--that phaser beam is so concentrated as to be invisible--like an even sharper light sabre."

Ryan Thomas Riddle likes this.
  3. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

stumbled on these on instagram:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    they're the best fan renderings of the DSC enterprise i've seen so far, but poster doesn't want to attribute the artist. anybody know the source? reverse google search does not provide the answers.

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Guest

Looks great to me, no idea who the artist is, I do much prefer the textures we get on the ships these days.

The ToS Enterprise model always looked far too white and reminded me of a toilet or a sink, not that it is anyone's fault, the model was designed and built in the 60's after all.

antinoos likes this.
  5. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Thanks for posting these. It only reinforces my opinion that this version of the TOS Enterprise is just dull and uninspired when compared to the original.

*Edit* Let me be clear that I'm not dissing the artist of this CGI model. He faithfully recreated the ship seen in DSC. I'm dissing the design of the ship, not the artist's work.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  6. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I love the ventral view, probably because it hides the impulse deck which is my least favourite innovation in this take of the Enterprise.

7. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

I'm glad they get rid of that huge bulky impulse deck, and install a much smaller, streamlined deck in its next refit. :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  8. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Yes, that's Marc Bell's model, as rendered by Daniel "PixelMagic" Broadway. The albums have been going around sci-fi spaceship groups on Facebook for the past couple days.

9. GNDN18

GNDN18 270 Rear Admiral

10. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

11. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Straight pylons would make SO much of a difference in the look of the ship.

BeatleJWOL, Jadeb, GNDN18 and 2 others like this.
  12. Jadeb

Jadeb Commodore Commodore

Interesting that these renderings way toned down the garish saucer lights. Looks much better.

13. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, man. As stated above by David, those are my renders of Marc Bell's new CG model. The Instagram post has greatly reduced resolution and compression however. I can post the high quality ones in this thread when I get home tonight. There's even more images, actually.

14. Belz...

Belz... Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a finely-crafted cosmos... of my own making.
    Model's a bit different, though. The deflector's seems not the same as on the show, for instance.

15. pst

pst Commodore Commodore

production version's deflector is a bit more gold and less orange, also the bridge module has a glass front whereas @PixelMagic's images appear to be without that windshield (or it's just very subtle). either way, it's pretty damn good and i can't wait to see more.

16. PixelMagic

Here you are, ladies and gents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. PixelMagic

18. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

It looks like a ship that would have been built sometime between the NX-01 and the TOS Enterprise.

19. Henoch

Henoch Rear Admiral Premium Member

Do you think that that's an aft torpedo launcher in the center of the impulse engines? I think the artist is suggesting that the round "vent-hole" in the center of the impulse engines in the TOS Enterprise has always been an aft torpedo launcher. I don't know. :shrug:

20. Paul755

Paul755 Commodore Commodore

Looks like a docking port to me.