TV shows you decided you had enough of after the first season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Family Guy. I catch it every now and then for a few minutes but I haven't watched a full episode of it since season one.

Futurama. Same thing.

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Almost every genre show in the last 15 years or so. Dozens of them.

If I've stuck with them past season one I've probably bailed before the end. It would be easier to name the ones I stuck with to the end.

Which are any Trek series, the BSG reboot, the Stargate shows, Babylon 5, The X Files (although I haven't done the new ones), Heroes, Warehouse 13 (why ?) and Agents of Shield (again, why ?).

I still intend to catch up on the other Marvel shows and finish Game Of Thrones.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

If you count first run and second run Family Guy as different shows, I would add Family Guy.

In the original pre-cancellation run of Family Guy it was a different show. Less differentiated from the Simpsons, but also it was still doing new things, it was still surprising, and it was less mean spirited. When it came back three years after it was cancelled, they mostly repeated the same gimmicks over and over, they added a bully mentality toward certain characters. It just got unwatchable in a hurry and I gave up after a season.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I gave up on "The GIfted" a few episodes into season 2 when I asked myself "Why am I watching this. I don't care about any of the character."

I think I lasted till season 3 of "Designated Survivor" or maybe it's to because I just realized I don't know how many seasons it's has. The last episode was were those kids were in the lobby protesting or something.

I didn't even make through 5 episodes of the other comic book show with the big dog and living on the moon and stuff.

Jason

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but the original is about forty years old, so the reboot is still the newest version available.

Timewalker and Admiral2 like this.
  6. Jayson1

Age is relative as you get older. To me anything from 1988 to 2019 counts as new!:)

Jason

Butters and Relayer1 like this.
  7. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Enterprise.
    House of cards
    Gotham

8. Jayson1

Gotham is another I also lost track of but for me it was season 2.

Jason

Relayer1 likes this.
  9. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

For now.... ;)

10. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BSG, The Network, House of Cards. I'm sure theres more.

11. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agents of SHIELD and Andromeda I gave up on in the middle of the first season

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

That's a shame, the second season is my favorite. Everything after that was shit.

13. McDuck

McDuck Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

A whole season? Wow, I'll drop shows after 1-2 episodes if they just ain't doin' it for me.

Some recent ones:

Outlander (its...........so.................slow)
    The Crown (didn't float my boat)
    Colony
    Poldark
    (they had us read Poldark in school, that's the only reason I bothered)
    The Little Drummer Girl
    Fear the Walking Dead
    The Magicians
    Dark
    X-Files
    reboot (don't get me started)
    Riverdale (I think I made it through the entire first season. The things we do for love.)

14. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Lost
    Arrow

15. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Most of these were in the last couple of years, and my reasons for dropping them were rarely about quality, and more about the over-abundance of good TV shows out there. I loved "Six Feet Under" back in the day, but if it were a current show, I doubt I'd have watched it.

- Orange is the New Black. This is basically like "Six Feet Under", had I stumbled over this back in the day, I'd most definitely have kept watching it. It's really good, it's just not in my personal wheelehouse.

- Archer. This I watched three seasons of, until I just realized it wasn't for me. Which is odd, since on paper, it should have been right up my alley, and I can't quite put my finger on why it didn't click with me, it just didn't.

- The Blacklist. This is really about lack of time. I love James Spader, and I still have this show on my Netflix list, I just never got around to watching further than the first three episodes (which I saw years ago to see if it was for me).

- Riverdale. I never had the cultural connection to the Archie characters, and this seems too much of a show for teenagers. Again, ten years ago, I might have kept watching.

- Ultimate Spider-Man. Yeah, ten minutes of the first episode was enough to show me that this take wasn't for me, especially right after the cancellation of the brilliant Spectacular Spider-Man.

- Avengers Assemble: Similar to USM, I just didn't feel like watching a watered-down version after Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Probably more that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that. Hubby and I watch season 1 but it was soooo painful. An entire season of characters we neither cared for, nor about, in any way. We gave it one season only because we both love The Walking Dead so much. This spin-off was a big disappointment.

Gary Mitchell likes this.
  17. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Oh, that reminds me, I did this with The Walking Dead. I can identify with what Kai The Spy is saying. I can see that this is objectively a great television show. I just have no desire to watch a show that's going to constantly attach me to characters then slaughter them.

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Man, most of you are missing out on some good stuff.

19. Jayson1

I also dropped Andromeda after Wolfe got fired. I did drop "Park and Receration" in season 2 or maybe early 3 but just recently went back and watched it all. It was nice but I am not seeing why it's so beloved. It's a nice safer network show that is more amusing than super funny.

Jason

bigdaddy likes this.
  20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I stuck with it to the end, even though I kept saying to myself during season eight, "There's no way any of this should be possible given what happened."

Personally, I think House died of a drug overdose back in season three (during the Tritter arc), and everything that followed was what went through House's mind before the lights went out (which explains the season eight swerve pretty well, come to think of it).