TNG Returns!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Khan 2.0, Jun 19, 2018.

1. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

1. Quit ripping on my TOS's films!

2. Couldn't Spiner act on set and have them do CGI over him? Like Andy Serkis?

Syd Shanshala likes this.
  2. Syd Shanshala

Syd Shanshala Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yepp that cgi motion capture deal is what I had in mind

3. Abi Smith

Abi Smith Commander Red Shirt

I can see it now;
    Admiral Picard returns to the flagship on a diplomatic mission to the Romulan Empire to takeover from Spock (since his mysterious disappearance) with the hopes of reunification but things go awry with an assassination attempt on Picard and a saboteur aboard the Enterprise.
    Kim Cattrall returns to pronounce 'sabotage' the right way.

4. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think the show will start with Picard drunk at the family Vineyard. He left Starfleet years ago and he has been living their all by himself for years and he is now lonely and missing out on life. Lt. Data's daugher shows up and tells him Admiral Riker needs to see him. Picard shows up and RIker wants him to take command of the new Enterprise that has been built after the E was proably destroyed in a distant part of space. Picard was picked because the new Enterprise crew is kind of young since the fleet is still kind of stretched thin from the Dominion War, some planets having left the Federation and a increased number of ships that have been built thus senior officers are more in demand than ever. Picard spent a short time in charge of the Academy so he is going to be familiar with many of them. Lt Data's daughter will also be going aboard as his first officer. They go aboard the ship and go explore that distant part of space and the main arc for the season is finding out just what happened to the Enterpise E which we find out in the season final.

Jason

Makarov, TrickyDickie and Paul Weaver like this.
  5. Gavin70

Gavin70 Commander Red Shirt

I would imagine that would get extremely expensive if it had to be done for an entire series.

6. SpocksOddSocks

SpocksOddSocks Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cue - The Beastie Boys. :D

Seven of Five and Abi Smith like this.
  7. JesterFace

JesterFace Fleet Captain Commodore

If TNG were to return, it would have to be after 'All Good Things...', none of that movie crap in between...

8. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

Does anyone think this decision might have (at least a little bit) something to do w/ the success of The Orville? And if a new TNG-like Trek show does come to fruition, will it take away a significant portion of The Orville's audience, since that show is currently filling the "TNG void" ??

Danlav05 likes this.
  9. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Would be cool if true. I'm nearly at the end of the novels.

10. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I like The Orville, perhaps more than Discovery, but this is an interesting point. They still seem to have some faith in tng as a brand, they’re doing all the Mirror Universe comics

11. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

Possible. similar to bringing back 'retro JJWars' in light of the success of 'retro JJTrek' (or TMP after SW'77 of course)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  12. TroiFan4ever

TroiFan4ever Commander Red Shirt

Just seen this. Shoot, i'd have liked for that Star Trek Titan series with Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis to have happened.

13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't that At Home With the Rikers, a sitcom set on a space station?

I'd still like to see that.

PhotoBoy likes this.
  14. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Captain Captain

I am all in for Stewart's return.

Nemesis was not a proper send off. They (and we) deserve better. Would really need to see some Trek vets in writing or directing (Burton, Frakes, Dawson) to feel good about it.

Cannot be like TUC with everyone back at their posts. Too long a time. Something with Picard (Starfleet or not) as the center, maybe a couple more TNG vets as regulars, and the rest in a more limited role. Plus new characters.

Use it to hand the baton off to a new post-Voyager series. But also gives TNG crew a proper sendoff. Could have some VOY/DS9 appearances as well, pre or post handoff.

For me, Spiner as someone other than Data/B4 would be fine.

15. Uhura's Song

Uhura's Song Captain Captain

PS: did the shows ever give us a final word on the fate of Ro after she joined the Mahki (I know I am spelling it wrong)?

16. Paul Weaver

Paul Weaver Vice Admiral Premium Member

No, Ro went off to the marquis. In the novels she survived the dominion attacking the marquis and continued to fight them, then joined the bahoran militia.

Uhura's Song likes this.
  17. F. King Daniel

They'll introduce him as Rod Soong, the human son of Noonien Soong they just never mentioned before:p

18. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I can only agree with this. I’m not expa full TNG Reunion bout supporting cameos would be nice. Remember that Frakes is already part of the current production team (ok a freelance who they’ve hired to direct but nevertheless he’s working with them)

19. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think what fans want most out of this is for it to look like no time has passed with TNG in terms of how it's produced. Everyone seems to want the visuals to look EXACTLY the same as well as the music -- I think I even saw one person somewhere say they wanted it in 4:3 format as opposed to 16:9. They basically wanted it to be TNG season 8.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'd be happy with the look from First Contact.

21. F. King Daniel

I'm expecting it to be shot on thinly-rejigged Discovery sets, in a modern serialized style. If it looks or feels like TNG, I will be surprised.

Qonundrum likes this.