TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

I've been a TNG fan right from the very start of the series. I grew up on the OS films and was primed for a new vision of Trek when "Encounter At Farpoint" finally aired. TOS has fantastic characters and ideas and I'm discovering that there's quite a bit to admire about DS9. But TNG is absolutely my favorite.

If anyone's interested in episode-by-episode reviews of TNG, please check out my site. I'd definitely appreciate any feedback!

2. TS-1838-SWATH

TS-1838-SWATH Commander Red Shirt

Welcome bouttime

3. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome arasam22

4. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome thedude

5. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome randy

6. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome Samuel Walters

7. thedude

thedude Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Awesome website man, I bookmarked it. I'm just started to re-watch TNG again so I'll be reading your reviews as I finish episodes... very well done.

8. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

I'm a student from the New England area, I'm turning 20 in about a month and a half.

I was an infant when TNG first aired but both my parents were big fans so it's been with me for seriously like my entire life. :rommie:

I like pretty much every episode of TNG but I tend to have a preference for the more, I suppose, "cerebral" episodes such as Timescape or The Next Phase to the simpler episodes like Code Of Honor.

As for characters, I liked Data the best, with Picard pulling in second there. I liked the whole Data/Geordi friendship too. I especially liked what they showed for the two of them in The Next Phase, with Data thinking Geordi was dead and all, how he reacted and the things he said about him.

9. byron lomax

byron lomax Commander Red Shirt

Hello there. I've been a TNG fan for almost as long as I can remember. I've seen almost every episode several times over, and most of my family are fans as well. I like nearly all of the main cast, but Data has always been a favourite, and so is Picard. I still think it stands as one of the best science fiction series ever, for all its faults, and the best episodes of TNG are among the best episodes of any TV, ever.

Most of my family abandoned ST after TNG ended, but, despite not liking some of DS9's first/second season episodes, I stuck with the show because it had promise and I liked the characters. And it grew into another favourite of mine, just a little below TNG.

Voyager, Enterprise? Neither show is bad, far from it, but I have a lot of issues with both, and can pretty much take them or leave them.

I've recently gotten to watch classic 60s Trek and enjoyed it, the stories and characters still hold up remarkably well. I avoided the series for a long time because my first viewing were of the third season, which gave the impression of a camp show like the 60s Batman. Thankfully I was proven wrong.

Pretty disgracefully for someone who calls himself a Star Trek fan, I haven't even seen all of the films yet!!!

10. xman

xman Commander Red Shirt

Seen them all several times. Season one was rough. I'll get that out of the way. But I loved watching it all the same when it was first on the air. I could see what they were trying to do with the stories and I liked it. Season two Improved vastly and by season three it had found its feet very well. By then I was spending the summer in Toronto and down the pub we had a weekly drinking game. Drink whenever Wharf growls, Data gets interrupted, Picard says, "Engage", that sort of thing. Some weeks were very good for the barman. For the season finale in 1991 we had a Klingon potluck. The gagh (SPICY noodles) was great. That's when I learned how to actually cure hiccups.

Anyhow, Just sayin' hello and looking 'round. :D

X

11. M.Robison

M.Robison Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi all! I have been in love with Trek for as long as I can remember, TOS reruns used to come on as I got home from school when I was in 7th and 8th grade. I can still remember seeing the promo commercials about TNG in the 80's. I begged my mother to let me stay up and watch the premier "Encounter at Farpoint", after the episode aired I was in love all over again.

I have DVD sets spanning everything created for Star trek from TNG to DS9 to the movies, and I think TNG gets the most play time.:techman:

12. Butters

Butters Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi

I am TNG fan since about 1990 when the beeb broadcast it.

13. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I started following TNG right around Unification, but I didn't really watch every week. I got hardcore into TNG after I saw All Good Things in 1994... I would watch the repeats in syndication. And now of course I love it. Because of how the station I watched it on ran syndication I have seen Seasons 3,4 and 5 far more then the others, so I am a bit biased towards these seasons but I have branched out since then.

Favorite Episode of Each Season...

Season 1 - The Neutral Zone
    Season 2 - The Measure Of A Man
    Season 3 - Yesterday's Enterprise
    Season 4 - Future Imperfect
    Season 5 - The Inner Light
    Season 6 - Chain Of Command (Pt. 1 & 2)
    Season 7 - All Good Things

14. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been a TNG fan since "Encounter at Farpoint".
    I've been hooked every since.

J.

15. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

TNG was not the very moment that got me into Star Trek - that honour still goes to being aware of the pop culture phenomenon as a young child, seeing the movies, and faint memories of reruns of the original series in the 80s.

But TNG was something I did see ever since season 1 was first shown on the Beeb in September 1990, and I've been with it ever since, and I remember getting very excited whenever the Borg or the Klingons dominated an episode.

I still watch the repeats on Virgin 1 whenever I can.

16. MarauderMo

MarauderMo Ensign Red Shirt

Seeing TNG syndicated on my local FOX station after school in the early 90's was my first exposure to Star Trek. Over the years I have seen all the episodes many times and the entire run from start to finish at least twice. There was a time when I wasn't a big fan of the first 2 seasons, but in recent viewings I have developed an appreciation for them. The early episodes had a better soundtrack IMO and the stories seem to be more in the spirit of the original.

I am a fan of the entire run, and I can't think of an episode that I can say that I hate. I enjoy the few episodes that focus on the Data-Geordi friendship, those featuring Q, and the many Worf-centric episodes.

Elementary Dear Data, Redemption, Tapestry and All Good Things are among my favorites...

17. momrobare

momrobare Ensign Newbie

HI
    My name is Helen and I'm 52 years young! TNG is my favorite of all the Star Treks and I was very sad when they quit making TNG films!

I have a wonderful daughter and son in law (who works for Anderson Cooper of CNN) and two wonderful grandsons...Maddox age 4 and Marjoe age 2 who live out of state.

I live in a small town near Buffalo, NY.

I am very glad to have found this site and to be able to talk about my favorite Star Trek series!

18. anaortiz

anaortiz Cadet Newbie

Hi...

I am 31 yrs old and I have loved Star Trek since I was 9 years old after seeing The Voyage Home in the theater with my dad. I was not a big fan of the TNG at first, I remember during the first two seasons I would tune in just to hear the theme music and then turn the channel. Somewhere around the third season I actual watched an entire episode and I was hooked! Watching the show as a teenager I really enjoyed the Riker/Troi relationship and I could not wait for the book Imzadi to come out. Now, re-watching some of the episodes on DVD I find that I am a big Picard fan. He is such a complex and interesting character and I particularly find the Picard/Crusher relationship interesting.

19. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome MarauderMo

20. TS-1838-SWATH

Welcome momrobare