Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Sep 4, 2014.
Light-hearted, fancy free! Lock up your daughters, Rhubarbodendron is in town!
I wouldn't say I'm gay. More like bemused. But that's just as bad in some quarters.
I just got an email from my new-found second cousin, with this great story about how my great-great-great grandfather had been given this very high honor by the tsar (we're talking 19th century Russian Empire here). Kind of exciting stuff!
And then she sent me a photo of the ggg gf wearing the medal. And it took me all of ten minutes on-line to figure out that it is not the award that she named. It is a medal from the tsar, but nowhere near the high and unusual honor that she described.
So much for the exciting family history. Aaaargh!
That doesn't mean your ancestor didn't get the more valuable medal as well. The picture might have been taken when he received a different medal.
That would mean he got two medals from the tsar, which seems unlikely.
Some things that make me so frustrated in life:
1. Playing games on facebook and getting to a part where you need help and hardly anyone helps so you are stuck forever!
2. Playing facebook games and getting really into the game only to have it canceled!
3. Men who are perverts
4. People getting away with wrong doing and not being punished ever!
6. Men who always ask me to marry them even if they only known me for a couple weeks
7. Playing a game and right in the middle of playing it goes blank on you! FACEBOOK YOU ARE AWFUL ABOUT THIS!!!!!!
8. Getting really excited cause you bought a game or someone else did and you download it onto your computer only to find that it will not work at all!!!!!
9. Not being able to find the games you loved as a child and wanting so badly to play them!!!!!
10. Finding said games on internet only to find they either aren't free or you can't get them because some jerk wants to send your credit card number to someone else!
11. Dogs waking you up too early in the morning barking their heads off about nothing!!!! This happened not too long ago!
So These are some of mine be free to add your own as well!!!!!!
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you and I weren't born in the same century.
Yes, highly unlikely.
That's a kinder way of saying what I was thinking.
- Beanbag chairs that deflate
- Lava lamps where the floatey goop doesn't float
- Over-the-air TV antennas that don't pick up anything
- When your disco records break
- You can't get that T-shirt tied in a knot the way you want it to
- Somebody rear-ends your AMC Gremlin
- You miss a really good episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom
(Just trying to get the rhythm of this thread)
* That one eye floater that just won't stop drifting into your field of view.
* Using a public restroom only to find there isn't enough toilet paper for what you're doing in there.
* Having to get up at 4am to take a piss.
* Breast puns.
Things that frustrate me
And most frustrating of all:
THEY STOPPED MAKING CARNATION BREAKFAST BARS!!!!
People who don't appreciate puns.
^ I hear ya...
And you survived????
^ You're thinking of the Pinto. Fortunately we never owned one of those...
The main Star Trek page on facebook is insane. I was told, I'm an advocate of racism and violence just for liking the Abrams films. I did have fun getting into a logic argument with some jerk though. Delusions can run very very strong in people. In the end, I just gave up. I'm glad this place is neutral and fun.
They're likely just boobs.
Separate names with a comma.