The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Where did I say there should be nudity?

All I was saying is that inferring that "fake violence" is somehow not as bad as "real nudity"--which by implication means that real violence and real nudity are equivalent--is f*cking BONKERS.

Again though, just be be clear; I'm not saying, nor did I say that TWD needs nudity. Nor am I saying that it *shouldn't* have any. I don't care whether it does or not. It makes no difference to me either way.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not saying that there should be nudity, but... Carl is of a certain age.

Methinks that %99 of the Zombies that are juuuuuuuuust a little off camera have exposed rude bits since weather worn, rotting clothing is only going to last so long.

Carl is of a certain age that even lumbering Zombie boobs will be usable.

3. TheMurph

TheMurph Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

The mere thought is sickening beyond all zombie movies/TV combined.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I like Bob. He's played a great role in these past few episodes since the group split up.

And Sciffy has been pushing the envelope with nudity as well. I think part of the problem is that both the Right Wing and the Left Wing now object to nudity.

7. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree. :eek:

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Could you elaborate on that statement? I'm not quite sure how that manifests itself.

9. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

The big thing to remember about nudity is that you have to have actresses willing to possibly sacrifice their careers and reputations to do them, no to mention any standard the network may have when it comes to nudity.

Sure, AMC can do nudity and not suffer any repercussions from the government for violating decency laws but could still suffer some backlash from viewers and sponsors. So, probably best to stay on the safer sider of the line.

10. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Interesting that when people talk about nudity in film and TV, they almost invariably assume it involves females. Are there no male actors willing to "destroy their careers" by going tackle out?

Come off it now. It's not the 1950s. Outside the microverse that is the world of tabloid journalism, nobody really cares if an actor or actress does nude scenes. Just ask the casts of 'True Blood', 'Game of Thrones' or 'Spartacus' if they've had trouble getting work since.

11. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

The Right thinks it's immoral, the Left thinks it objectifies women.

12. Mr. Adventure

Ah, gotcha, though I usually think of the latter being applied conditionally rather than universally but that makes sense.

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Anyone else bummed that after tomorrow night's episode we have to wait until next season to watch new episodes?

14. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. When does the next season begin?

15. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

October. Actually, it's not that far. My current Games of thrones wait is longer.

16. Mr. Adventure

I watch so much damned TV so I need these breaks. Walking Dead break gives me a slot for Games of Thrones.

17. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I have become a much bigger fan of shows that do shorter seasons. Sure, the wait is longer between episodes but the quality is much better. Walking Dead, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, American Horror Story, Sleepy Hollow, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, etc.

Agents of Shield could have benefited from this format I think.

18. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this break will give me more time to catch up on classic to current Doctor Who episodes.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's the double-standard in society and in the usually pretty liberal Hollywood. Men can appear nude in a movie and not potentially damage their careers, women appear nude in a movie and it can damage their reputation as an actress.

Not saying I agree with it, but it's the tenancy the seems to exist; though the context of the nudity can shift that line somewhat. Usually a nude scene for "art" or not done to be titillating or gratuitous isn't too damaging to an actress' rep.

20. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Agreed on all points. I find I am judging shows with a 22 episode run much more harshly now. The number of "filler" episodes is really starting to bug me. I'm getting close to the point where I'm not watching shows that have a "full" run.