Spoilers The new (massive spoiler) ship!

I believe the TNG Tech Manual indicates the Galaxy class had a life expectancy of a hundred years, meaning the Sovereign and Odyssey classes should also be comparable. To decommission a perfectly good ship which has the potential of lasting a century after only a decade and a half just seems wasteful.

In the lead-up to TNG, I read somewhere (maybe Starlog) that the Galaxy class ships were supposed to be on 20 year missions (hence the families on board). I suspect that was a Gene's Vision (TM) thing that got scrapped by about the third season.

So due to the fact that in the premiere, they are celebrating the 250th anniversary of Starfleet, the events of season 3 take place around 2411. So if one was to take the Instagrams logs info about the Enterprise-F launching in 2386 at face value and them being decommissioned in 2411 that would still give the Enterprise-F twenty five years of service and a long history of adventures which I could get behind. Granted that I'm still a little salty about them decommissioning in its first live-action appearance.

Is it confirmed that Frontier Day is marking 2161? It doesn't feel like a decade since season 2. Maybe five years max.

Starfleet could have predated the founding of the Federation, given that the Romulan War was going on.

Is it confirmed that Frontier Day is marking 2161? It doesn't feel like a decade since season 2. Maybe five years max.

Starfleet could have predated the founding of the Federation, given that the Romulan War was going on.
The Romulan War was over in 2160 with the Battle of Charon

Frontier Day is celebrating the 250th Anniversary of Starfleet. It can't be the Earth Starfleet, it's way too late for that, so it would have to be the Federation Starfleet.

https://twitter.com/gaghyogi49/status/1626627786956734479

"Frontier Day" is a bit of an odd name for the anniversary of Starfleet, though, isn't it? Why not, crazy thought here, "Starfleet Day"?
Because they liked Frontier Day. Simple, easy to remember, and is easily translated across multiple languages, while "final frontier" only has meaning to humans and could very well mean death to others.

Translations: making marketing hard since 1907.

Well Dave Blass says it's 2401, so presumably Frontier Day celebrates the launch of the NX-01 and the start of Starfleet's major exploration missions.

https://twitter.com/DaveBlass/status/1626797073285763080?t=IY8brQh5CSfK-RzpE5TYSg&s=19
That makes sense. NX-01 was the first deep space exploration ship.
Starfleet as an organization existed before that, but their objectives were defense, reconnaissance, research, border patrols,…

No one boldly went anywhere where no Vulcan has been before that.

Back