The Good Place Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved the part where the little girl asks Chidi if he can save her father, who got hit by some guy in a trolley.

Snaploud and tomalak301 like this.
  2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I've thought about that, and the reason I think it's probably not the case is that I think the writers won't want to repeat themselves.

Though one other possibility is that Michael is among the ones being tortured.

3. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, maybe Sean is letting Michael do his experiment to torture him.

I still think that at some point, the characters will either be accepted into the real Good Place or more likely they will learn to love where they are at and it will become their version of the Good Place.

I did like last week's episode. We see Michael stealing a Good Place Janet and learn a bit more about why she is malfunctioning. The show continues to be very stimulating philosophically.

4. JirinPanthosa

The Good Place is a great example of a show that knows how to be simultaneously stupid and intelligent.

Romulan_spy likes this.
  5. JirinPanthosa

Ooh, forboding cliffhanger fall finale.

Why does it seem that one actor is showing up as a recurring role in every single show I'm watching, and he's always the serious guy in the silly thing? The serious judge in The Good Place, the intellectual husband in Brooklyn 99, the serious lawyer in Parks & Rec, the serious parody of 50s misogyny in Progressive ads. Are there no other actors who play serious guys in silly things?

6. Matthew Raymond

Matthew Raymond Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Peter Macon does a good job of playing Lt. Commander Bortus on The Orville. I'm not sure he would work as well as Marc Evan Jackson, though, because Peter's a bit to physically imposing, and Marc has Shawn's swarmy, superior attitude down pat.

7. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The actor who played Derek was hilarious.

8. EnderAKH

EnderAKH Commodore Premium Member

Personally, I've loved Marc Evan Jackson since I listened to the first episode of Sparks Nevada, Marshall on Mars on the Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast.

9. Aaron McGuire

Aaron McGuire Commodore Commodore

While I can't explain the Progressive ad (other than Marc Evan Jackson being so droll), he keeps showing up because Michael Schur and Dan Gorr worked on Parks and Rec as writers and producers, they co-created Brooklyn 99, and Schur created and is executive producer on The Good Place. It's also why Jason Mantzoukas was on this week's episode.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Circle jerks don't get enough good press.

11. JirinPanthosa

So basically all the pure comedies currently on TV that I still watch and have been around less than 20 years were created by the same people, good to know. :)

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a pretty good end to the fall part of the season. Not as funny as I've seen it, but Darek was a blast and any episode featuring Janet is a good episode. It is interesting. I saw two shows last night where the cliffhanger felt more tacked on than enriching of the episode. I wish shows would actually stop doing cliffhangers unless it served the story really well. I guess they need to bring people back when the show returns though.

13. Aaron McGuire

Aaron McGuire Commodore Commodore

Yeah, pretty much.

14. JirinPanthosa

Just being clear here, the only human being who knows how to write network sitcoms I actually enjoy watching is Mos Schrute.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

And it's back tonight. :D

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

My favorite part was Michael admitting that he actually left 12,000 clues and not just 4. :lol:

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was good.
    They actually go me with Micheal there, I really wasn't sure which way he was going to until the end.

18. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Netflix hadn't warned me, so thanks for that:D
    I enjoyed the episode
    and wasn't entirely sure which way Michael would go. I sort of figured he'd stay on plan, but if his boss wasn't such a dick and just wanted a reset, I could see him easily going the other way

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man that Roast was so mean spirited and then the twist at the end was so joyous. This show really is the best comedy on TV at the moment.

Grendelsbayne likes this.
  20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

1. Bag of cocaine, and a bag coca seeds.

2. A bag that makes cocaine.

3. An endless/bottomless bag of cocaine.