Spoilers The Flash - Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by dahj, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finale looks great:

2. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Other mad scientist evil genius types only say "Fools, I'll crush them like insects." DeVoe actually does it.

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

I'm still scratching my head over how nobody mentioned how Savitar told Barry how DeVoe was defeated...

But again, it was in a timeline where Iris died and Savitar was still around in 2018...

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

They pursued that angle a while back. It didn't work.

Also, Savitar technically just said they came up with the cerebral inhibitor to use against Devoe. He never said it actually worked.

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Mmm ok

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really liked this episode, even though this season as a whole still feels like it's been plodding along. The scene at the beginning was really well done (Reminded me of some Daredevil scenes from Season 1) and it was a nice set up for the finale.

Velocity likes this.
  7. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

Season Finale...

- Not the most satisfying end to DeVoe.

- At least they got Ralph back. And as suspected, the others remained dead. Hope Ralph doesn't just disappear next season.

- It wasn't hard to guess who the other speedster was. Can't wait for next season. Aside from Barry's daughter and digging into Caitlin's past, I have no idea what to expect.

- What version of Harry will we get next season? Less Intelligent Harry? Or someone new?

- Wally's new haircut works. Didn't like that helmet hair.

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

They’ve done it all wrong. She supposed to give birth to Daniel West and the daughter is supposed to be Dawn Allen. I suppose that could be what she screwed up.
    Anyway it was a okay episode. Barry’s reaction to Iris saying Star Wars was hilarious.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I am disappointed that DeVoe proved irredeemable. It was also too easy for Marlize to take him out. Sure, I anticipated that she could defeat the chair that she'd built, but it should've been something cleverer than just walking to the back and pulling out the power cell. Like, giving some embedded backdoor shutdown command she'd built into it months before.

I'm not surprised that Ralph was still in there and able to take his body back, but I'm glad. I was hoping there'd be some way to save the other bus metas, though.

Continuity hole: Last week, Harry said that Iris's Flash blog was anonymous, but in the teaser, Captain Singh knew it was by Iris.

So... Mystery Pixie's name is Nora Allen, after Barry's mother. I wasn't expecting that. Or her new hairstyle. Anyway, it's nice to see that for once, the next season's storyline is not the result of something Team Flash did. Although it's still the fault of someone Flash-adjacent.

I wonder if the reason they scheduled this finale a week after Arrow's was so that they wouldn't have to worry about explaining why we didn't see the effects of the Enlightenment in Star City.

10. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Barry should have just created a time duplicate to die while destroying the satellite. Alternatively, Cisco should have used a portal to send the satellite away from the Earth (or, at least, away from this Earth). Cisco also should have been able to use a portal to send them to a hospital.

11. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had a feeling the daughter's name was going to be Nora as one of Barry's ramblings in the season opener was "Nora shouldn't be here".

I'm guessing Nora's mistake might be she pulled the same thing Barry did at the end of season two. The dialog leading up to Barry punching the satellite as well as time rewinding with Nora helping the second time kind of gives the impression he originally died.

12. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

That was my first thought. I'm not sure how that fits in with the future newspaper article, though. Maybe he just gets injured and therefore isn't in top condition during the future newspaper incident.

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never realized how tiny Cecile is until tonight.

14. Commander Richard

Commander Richard Yo! Man! Premium Member

I was wondering if Barry rewound time to have a second go or if Nora did something.

And what was with Harry's rambling being identical to Barry's at the beginning of the season? Did I miss something or is it to be explained next season?

15. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I assume it was just a way to visually show that Nora was changing the timeline.

The speed force has shown a dislike for speedster time travel. I think Nora may have done some major damage to the time-space continuum, and the speed force is trying to help Team Flash repair that damage.

16. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Splendid finale. The lens flares were very JJ-esque, and Ralph and Barry's fight scene with multiple Devoes reminded me of The Matrix. But why did Barry need Devoe's chair when Cecilia could telepathically link his mind to Devoe's?

When Barry punched the satellite, I thought he had created a time remnant of himself to help destroy it, but it turned out to be his future daughter.

17. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So was Harry's rebooted/blank mind using time force language an indicator that the time force created humanity? That human DNA is a construct they created?

18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

We're going to need another Flashpoint to fix those names. :)
    Now does Ralph have all those powers now? I kind of get the reason why he chose those powers but they never properly showed them against a worthy foe. Perhaps they should have brought Superman in for a episode to show it.
    I still think a tiny Superman would still be a formidable opponent. :)

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was confused by this episode, specifically how they got Ralph back. Were the other metas too far gone and thus no attempt was made to rescue them? How exactly did Ralph take his control back. Those scenes felt a little disjointed and, rushed, maybe?

Other than that, I actually enjoyed this episode. This season has felt kind of Meh overall, especially starting with Barry going to Prison, but this was everything I pretty much expect from an Arrowverse finale and I'm glad they didn't end on a cliffhanger. I will say though that the stuff at the end did feel tacked on, especially Wally's appearance and Nora was almost there as a way of the writers saying, "oh crap, we forgot about this woman, we have 5 minutes left lets stick her in and tease the new season". I will say the MVP of the year was Marlize. What a great character she was and the actress did a masterful job all year long. I'm actually going to miss her, considering I don't expect her to show up again. I would be pleasantly surprised if I was wrong though.

20. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The second part might be harder but I think as to the first it is Ralph's body that Devoe was occupying. I don't know where the other metas would go even if they were accessible.