Spoilers The Flash - Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Commander Richard, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am also really looking forward to next week. I want to know who Savatar is.The promo seems to indicate that Barry has figured it out and it looks like Savatar bows down to open his suit to reveal his identity to Barry. Although that seems kinda risky. From the scene with Killer Frost, Savatar appears to be vulnerable when he opens up the suit. That would be the perfect time for Barry to use his speed against Savatar.

2. Phoenix219

Phoenix219 Commodore Commodore

Speedforce time travel mechanics seem completely different then physic/tech based time travel. Barry seems to have some sort of control based on purpose that decides whether or not he replaces his former self (which seems to be more common when they are short time jumps, when he has no intention of returning to his "present" (like when he is stopping disasters and deaths) yet when he travels far into the past, he tends to be there temporarily and interact with his past or future selves. This pattern doesn't hold when he makes time remnants on purpose, but otherwise feels pretty solid. This still fits the "cause / mental objective affects the results" theory, though.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  3. Phoenix219

My top choice for whats going on this season is the idea that Flashpoint Barry, the S2 Time remnant that disappeared while defeating zoom, or even original Timeline Barry from before his mom died. is the man in the Savitar suit. No idea how the god of speed / first speedster bit fits into it, though. My second choice is a deranged Ronnie, having fashioned the suit directly out of speed force engery by using his firestorm powers after being sucked into the speedforce via the rift at the end of S1.

4. Phoenix219

Shades of Fringe, but what if Iris is only important because of her lineage? A future Flash Family member? By removing her from the timeline, it may remove a future West/Allen. Maybe by winning this year, it can segue way into the introduction of Bart Allen, aka Impulse, Iris's grandchild from this future. It would be a logical and organic way to bring Impulse and Max into the fold.

5. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Flashdamnit, if after all of this Ronnie is Savatar I will be royally pissed off. For now, I can only take solace in the thought that the tease was such an obvious Ronnie hint it won't actually be him... but that's far from convincing. Ugh.

The ep was okay. Needed more Mirror Universe goatee on Barry. HR continues to be the best.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I don't see why it would be Ronnie, I don't see his justification to become that evil and it really pisses all over his heroic death. Also Frost doesn't care about Ronnie, she hates Caitlin and everything connected to her life.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I also have huge doubts Savitar is Ronnie and you summed up my reasons perfectly. That whole theory is built on the flimsy conclusion that Killer Frost thinks like Caitlin. KF could be easily manipulating whomever Savitar is for her own long term goals and not really be suddenly loyal to him.

8. Romulan_spy

I also like the theory that Savatar is a future/alternate timeline Barry Allen. It would tie in nicely with the flashpoint arc at the beginning of this season if somehow flashpoint created Savatar. And considering that Savatar knows Team Flash so well, it would make sense if he was an alt Barry Allen.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

My money is on Savatar being Cisco. I mean who else could build a technological suit capable of accessing the speed-force?

I know Barry is the more probable candidate, but it just seems to obvious, no?

10. Romulan_spy

We don't know that the suit is technological in nature, it could simply be a by-product of being trapped in the Speed Force. But the Cisco theory is intriguing.

11. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sure how a suit could be a by-product of being trapped, but I do question whether the suit really provides Savitar's speed or whether it simply enhances what's already there. Or maybe it's really just armor and has nothing to do with his speed at all.

12. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well the way it opens is clearly mechanical, so it's a fair bet it's technological. As to whether or not it has anything to do with accessing the speed-force without being a speedster...admittedly that's my own extrapolation based on the premise it's Cisco or some other non-speedster. Still, even by super villain standards that's a *lot* of trouble to go to just to make a fashion statement or even to conceal one's identity.
    Odds are it performs some larger function.

13. Romulan_spy

It could be both technological and speed force related. I do like the idea that the suit is infused with pure speed force (hence the flowing blue color) which gives speed force powers to a non-speedster inside.

Phoenix219 likes this.
  14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Pardon the digression, but is anyone else getting sick of how so many different costumes and gadgets in SFTV and film today glow with that exact same shade of blue, because it's the color of the blue LEDs that are small and bright enough to be incorporated into costumes and props so that they actually glow for real?

15. Grendelsbayne

Grendelsbayne Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I honestly hadn't even noticed. What are some other examples?

16. Christopher

Embarrassingly, I'm having a hard time remembering. I just know that I keep noticing things glowing in that exact color. It stands out for me because of how pure a color it is, unlike older, incandescent light sources.

I think the protomolecule entities on The Expanse are that color; they're mostly digital constructs, but I'm sure their on-set stand-ins use those LEDs for interactive lighting on the actors. I think Alex's space gun in Supergirl, the one she got on Slaver's Moon and has been using ever since, glows that color. Oh, and the title character's costume in Black Lightning is an example. Also the alien robots in the movie The World's End.

17. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ And the LEDs worn by Jamie Foxx (and then removed in post) on his ASM2 costume. But it doesn't bother me; in fact, I kind of appreciate it, as a visual motif.

18. Christopher

I'm just getting a little tired of seeing the same color all the time. Maybe that's partly because it's the same color as the annoyingly bright LED in the power switch of my desktop monitor. I have to keep a sticky note over it at all times because it's so damn bright.

There are other colors of LED used for costumes, props, interactive lighting, and the like, though. I saw behind-the-scenes footage from Iron Fist showing that Finn Jones (and the stuntman who played the earlier Iron Fist in historical footage) wore a bracelet of yellow LEDs around his wrist to create the glow, and it was erased in post-production and replaced with the Iron Fist effect. And TRON Legacy used white and orange LEDs in the costumes to enable them to glow for real, whereas the original film had to use animation to create the glow.

Another thing that bugs me about blue lights is that modern digital cameras seem to react weirdly to them, so that blue-lit parts of an image often look darker than they should be. It's very distracting. I really wish they'd develop a kind of digital camera that didn't have that quirk.

19. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

It would be interesting if Savitar was from an alternate (now destroyed) timeline and was the baby Ronnie and Caitlyn never had...He would probably have to look like Ronnie to get that instant reaction from Killer Frost, though....

20. Romulan_spy

I like that you are thinking outside the box. But even if the Savatar looked like Ronnie, I doubt that Caitlyn would instantly recognize him as her child from an alt timeline. Also, we know that Savatar has to be someone that knows Team Flash really really well so I don't think it could be Ronnie and Caitlyn's child, not unless we are talking about an alt future where the baby grew up and became a member of team flash.