The erotic tension between Seven and Janeway in "The Omega Directive"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hxclespaulplayer, Sep 24, 2016.

1. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

i know this is off point and i will be in trouble again from the admins : ( love that the first thing people do after setting up an open discussion for free expressing of ideas start making rules and deleting things they do. ot like ) but i literlally got in trouble for commenting why all the aliens in voyager have dirty hair : watch the episode every si gle alien life form is designed with dirty hair often with things stuck in it

2. soornge

i think that it is impossible for anyone regardless of gender or sexual preference. ot to want to sleep with jeri ryan

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You could say that about anyone...

"i think that it is impossible for anyone regardless of gender or sexual preference. ot to want to sleep with garrett wang"

4. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:ack: okay a harsh emoji but close enough.

5. Guy Gardener

I see that you decided to fix the typo.

:)

I decided to leave it in, to keep things clean.

6. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

... Better Braga than me.

7. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

I`ve never seen any sexual tension between those two.

Katinka likes this.
  8. soornge

i know a little of topic : but: how come jeri ryan is it a more highly rated actress: how come jennifer lien never did more? forgive me i am lazy to check the episode names but the one where jennifer lien portrays the warlord trapped in tess's body was pretty brilliant character play and probably one of the best directing jobs of the series (not the best directing but top 7 )

9. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it's
    True. I know I'm not one to judge grammar but that was like seeing spinach in someone's tooth and trying to ignore it. I couldn't.

10. 2takesfrakes

Whilst Jeri Ryan may not have been the pretties of women, this is compensated for, somewhat, by her acting talent. Much in the same way that, in ancient Egypt, Cleopatra is reputed to not have been so hot, by her contemporaries, but she could charm you out of your last buck and this made her appear much more attractive.

Whereas Jennifer Lien was just so beautiful, so talented, so charming ... BUT ... her dependence on recreational drugs seems to have been something of an obstacle for her, even in those days. What's more, the show didn't seem to know what to do with Kes and without any meaningful input from Jennifer on it, attrition appears to have set in.

11. Guy Gardener

Assimilation is much like sex by penis.

Seven of Nine is a transition fantasy for men who want to move on to the wonder full world of gay, slowly.

12. soornge

deig explains why not a bigger talent i guess cant agree jeru ryan is super hot : she isnt delicate like lien but still pretty anyway tha ks for the stuff about lien all i could find was voyager and arrested for showing teens her breasts lol

13. 2takesfrakes

Yes. Jennifer has been screwing up badly for a while now and very publically, at that. We hope & pray that she'll come back to reality and start living Life, again. When she was, she was very loved and well-thought of. And you're right: Jennifer endowed Kes with a very delicate, almost ethereal beauty. She had every business being in pictures ...

[​IMG]

Betelnut and Catarina like this.
  14. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Two examples in my head popped up just now, both of which were super-forced:

1. Early in Voyager, it's revealed that B'lanna had a pretty strong crush on Chakotay. One that lasted for all of one episode; nay, in one dream sequence.

2. Chakotay/Seven late in the series.

Both of them were from way out in left field. No foreshadowing, no hints, no natural development or clues whatsoever. Yes, we see it. No, there's no chemistry. Even in B'lanna's dream, there's no real emotion from her.

15. soornge

i tbink the attraction between 7 and chakptay would be based on two sane people lovked in an assylum

16. soornge

oops locked

17. Guy Gardener

Once you get a higher post count, they will let you edit your posts for typos.... No? You're a Lieutenant.

There should be an edit button?

18. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

You're funny.
    The dream wasn't about a crush. It was the alien discovering their deepest needs and exploiting them. Compare her vision to everyone else's. Did Kes want to see Tom practically burned to death and in pain? No...she saw what she saw because her deepest need was to be needed. Tom's deepest need was to finally tell his father what he thought of him.
    B'Elanna had been abandoned by her father and estranged from her mother. Her need was to love and be loved. The only reason she saw Chakotay was because he was the only person on the ship she had any kind of emotional connection with. He was an avatar. If he wasn't around it could just as easily have been Harry. This comes straight from Roxanne Dawson btw.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  19. Sophie74656

Sophie74656 Commodore Commodore

While this is not one of my favorite episodes, these glimpses into the characters were great. I loved the conversation between B'Elanna and Janeway at the end

TORRES: I'm surprised to see you here, Captain. Isn't this the day that you're usually in the holodeck with your novel?
    JANEWAY: I thought, after our recent experience, that I'd take a break from fantasy for a while.
    TORRES: I don't blame you. I think it had quite an impact on all of us. Do you think it's true? That the alien was reading our minds, creating images from our own experiences?
    JANEWAY: It seemed that way. He had uncanny ability to bring buried thoughts out into the open. Why?
    TORRES: Oh, it's just, I experienced something I'd rather not admit.
    JANEWAY: I know. Me too. But, in a way, maybe he did us all a favour. Maybe it's better to look those feelings in the eye than to keep them locked up inside.
    TORRES: I guess. I'll have to think about that. I have an early watch tomorrow, so I'd better turn in. Good night, Captain.
    JANEWAY: Good night, B'Elanna. Sweet dreams.
    TORRES: Thanks. You too.

20. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

May I say that this picture is beautiful!!! :techman:.

Catarina and 2takesfrakes like this.