The erotic tension between Seven and Janeway in "The Omega Directive"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hxclespaulplayer, Sep 24, 2016.

1. hxclespaulplayer

hxclespaulplayer Captain Captain

The erotic tension between Seven and Janeway finally rose above a bat squeak at the conclusion of this episode. Were this series being made now, or by the BBC, it would have been developed. The chemistry in that tension would lead in sexual directions more plausibly between these two than the other featured couples in the series.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

3. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I rewatched Deadlock not too long ago. Present and Almost Future Janeways had their own meeting. But for some reason, the composite shot of both of them talking to each other was incredibly close, like they were only a few inches apart. Even moreso, for some reason, they were whispering to each other; IIRC, there was no real reason to do so since their meeting was really public. It was So it makes me think that *maybe* Seven doesn't have erotic tension, just that all the tension comes from Janeway. Now, put two Janeways together and they'll barely hold it together.

As if Kirk and Marta wasn't odd enough. I can take a guess at her lifelong ambition.

jaime and CorporalCaptain like this.
  4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. Guy Gardener

Janeway and Seven of Nine lived together as mid 20th century French lesbians for a month, in The Killing Game.

The only reason they wouldn't have had a massive amount of intercourse during that month is if their characters were written to be in the middle, or the end of their relationship, where a couple months without sex is common.

You don't have to make things up hxclespaulplayer, there was no romantic love between the characters, there was no sexual tension, but yes they boned a lot inside a brief window... Hey? Medically speaking, wouldn't the Doctor, as the CMO, have had to have approved of the pairing before the "war game program" was set in motion?

I wonder if the Doctor was loveconnecting couples he thought had a chance beyond the Hirogen brainwashing technology?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    borgboy and Captain Nate like this.
  7. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know if the fatigue is getting to me here at a quarter to four in the morning, or I need to brush up on my comprehension but bth, did I just read?

Vandervecken likes this.
  8. Catarina

ahhh thank you for a clear report :)

9. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Catarina, what's the woman's perspective on all of this? Did you sense the erotic tension betwixt Seven and The Good Captain?

10. Catarina

I can't say I did. I saw it more as who would kill the other one first.
    But if I squinted hard enough, I'd say it's one sided. Janeway was in line to bag the Borg babe with everyone else. Take a number, Captain.

Example: Mute the briefing room scene where it's Seven and Janeway in episode "One Small Step" Kate's over the top acting make her look suspect. But whatever...see what you want. it's your cable bill! :D

Vandervecken likes this.
  11. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

I see chemistry where no one else sees it and I don't see it when people says it's there. The only place where I 'might' say it was possible was that scene where Janeway had Seven help her put the pips on her uniform but then...she could have just as easily have asked anyone else who happened to have been there.

So one vote no, I didn't see it.

12. Guy Gardener

Between s07e02 and s07e25-26(??) they knew that sex or/and love would cause Seven's emotional limiter to tap out her cortical node, and Seven of Nine would die.

Before s07eo2 (Imperfection) Seven never became in love enough or horny enough to trigger her emotional limiter, so for the first three years, she was neither in love nor horny.

:)

Janeway won't #### crew. Maybe Kathy's mind drifts now and then, but shagging a subordinate is a line that she will not cross because she is a Nana.

13. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I do think Janeway and Seven had sexual tension throughout the show, but that's just me.

14. psCargile

psCargile Captain Captain

I guess you'll see what you want to see, but now this will be hard not to see.

15. TommyR01D

TommyR01D Captain Captain

Errr... no.

Vandervecken likes this.
  16. JeffinOakland

JeffinOakland Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, I suppose if you try HARD enough...

Catarina likes this.
  17. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

what about pairs and harry s weird relationship talk about sexual tension

Catarina likes this.
  18. Guy Gardener

I don't think Tom and Harry were going to bang each other, but the women that double dated with them, expected group sex and were probably taken home still in their original packaging.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    borgboy and soornge like this.
  19. soornge

soornge Commander Red Shirt

your reply cracked. me up ty i almost lizzed lol

20. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    There are numerous fanfics with J/7, B/7 (B'Elanna and Seven), some original character and Seven... but one series of stories I started reading a few weeks ago (should really check to see if any new chapters are up) is Samantha Wildman/Seven. As in not merely coy looks across the room; they end up married (yes, I know Samantha's married to a K'Tarian man whose name I don't remember how to spell, but who cares? They're entertaining stories, and that's all I ask).