Spoilers The Blacklist - Season 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Procutus, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kaplan has the means and the knowledge, but is she someone who would have Red's unassuming helpers killed off left and right? That part would be out of character for her, especially considering how she was treated by Red as one of his employees.

As long as the enemy behind it all is someone we've met before (but not Alexander Kirk again), then it's all good.

2. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Liz's dog is behind it.

3. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Mr. Kaplan can go either way. She was fiercely devoted to Red and may understand/accept what he did as what he had to do. Or --- let's not forget, she's a Cleaner. If she decided to go after Red for this betrayal, there's nothing that we've seen in this attack on Red that she isn't capable of doing.

4. Photoman15

Now we know who was after Red and who poisoned him. Which way will it go?
    1. He sold out.
    2. He's working with Mr. Kaplan.
    3. He's avenging Mr. Kaplan.
    He (or they) have a nice chunk of Red's money so they can finance a lot of weapons, people, etc...).

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

My guess is that it's #3, though I still have the distinct feeling that Kate is somehow involved in all of this. While I can't say that I was tremendously surprised by the reveal, part of me was very disappointed.

I just did a quick search to see if I could find when the show returns, but couldn't find anything. I'm guessing it's gong to be a spell.

6. Photoman15

From what I can see, the next episode is April 20th.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Well after sitting my way through all of Redemption and now the two-part return of the parent show, all I can say is that the Blacklist Universe most definitely needs Reddington!

:lol:

While it looks like I guessed right on who was behind it all, there may still be more to it. If nothing else, that elaborate backstory on Kate shows a connection to Katerina we previously knew nothing about, so.... Who knows?

And was it just me, or did they seriously just retcon the story of how Little Mosha got to be with Sam? I clearly recall her recollection of a man who took her from the fire (revealed by Red's scarring from the fire) and his account of taking her to be raised by Sam.

And would Liz really NOT remember Kaplan, even after all those years? Something's hinky. Or they brought in new writers who didn't fully immerse themselves what what had already been done.

All that said, I'm glad to have the show back and looking forward to where it's going to lead to.

:devil:

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

This is one of the best episodes they've had in a very long, long time.

OK, can we simply get rid of Lizzie and all the Fucking Bunch of Idiots and just have the Kate and Red show? Please?

I adore Kate; I want her to take down Red and prove for a fact that he's pretty much a monster. The show's running out of steam anyway, so have it end that way. She protected Liz above all else, just like she said she would, and Red shot her in the head for it. Even Dembe thought that was a dick move. I'm sure in the end, Red will win (it's show after all) and the network needs to drain the well dry for every penny but wouldn't it nice, for a change, for them to do something completely different and have Kate rise victorious while Red has to face what he really is? *sigh* I can always dream.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I agree it was pretty good, but it still bugs me that they retconned what happened the night of the fire, and that it was Kate, not Red who took little Lizzie to live with Sam.

OTOH, as my wife pointed out, this version of events was from Kate's POV, so perhaps that the way that she remembers things.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, Lizzie walks in to find Kaplan holding the baby. Who exactly was watching the kid before Kaplan got there?

11. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Kate dispatched them.

:lol:

12. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoever they were, Liz doesn't seem the least bit concerned about what happened to them. For someone who distrusts Kate so much you'd think she'd have some questions about where the babysitter went.

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

'The Debt Collector' was a good lead-in to the finale, IMO. I have to admit that I was caught off-guard by the fact that Red and Dembe really weren't on the ship each time we saw them. Ressler's former partner clearly is going to be a big problem and I would be the least bit surprised if Donny himself has to take him out.

And it's now confirmed - the show has been renewed for Season 5, with Ryan Eggold returning, as NBC did not renew Redemption.

:techman:

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Blacklist was entertaining but the reveal was so anticlimactic. That's something the FBI should've done the second Reddington surrendered himself and declared he would only work with some unproven no-name agent who was adopted.

15. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Haven't seen it yet, but I know exactly what you're talking about there. Yeah, I agree totally that should've been done, but then, there would've been no suspense on that issue.

Eager to see both eps this weekend.

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I walked the first 6 episodes of this show and went "Of course she's his daughter, the writers aren't creative enough to do anything else". I honestly don't know how anyone put up with 4 years of bullshit dealing with that stupid plot point.

It's almost as bad as Scandal's 6th season which was completely pointless and just stupid beyond belief.

17. Photoman15

Yeah, but that's not the big secret he's kept from her.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Very sad to see Mr. Kaplan go. I found the big reveal to be a bit of a bore, frankly. After all this time, whether they are related or not isn't the least bit interesting.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Still, it needed to be said. For me at least, I felt vindicated that my original guess was right all along. So, to all of those how kept coming with convoluted theories that ignored what was obvious, all I can say is -

:nyah: :nyah: :nyah:

20. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How ironic that she now gets to go in a vat of goo to be preserved for all time.