Surviving the Amazing Race

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Timewalker, Feb 15, 2016.

1. mimic

mimic Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They have actually done this before. In Season 12 (Panama/Exile Island) there was a schoolyard pick, with the odd person out (Bruce) getting sent to Exile Island, where he sat out the Immunity Challenge and joined the losing tribe after they went to TC.

2. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Well, that was a close vote. Close competition, too.

But so far, so good. My preferred contestant is still safe.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I like the way they cut Aubry's vote. Show her write Julia, hesitate for a while, then stack the vote at the bottom to make sure the crossed out name is the deathblow.

4. Timewalker

Well, she dodged a couple of metaphorical bullets this week: she wasn't pulled out for a medical (though she really should have been; that kind of injury must hurt like hell), and someone else being pulled meant she didn't have to face tribal council.

I wonder if the guy who was pulled even thought of the idol, or if he just decided to keep it for a souvenir.

5. JirinPanthosa

Amazing Race is back tonight. Can anyone actually remember the names of anyone?

I'm starting to think this season's winner will be whoever holds the third seat next to Jason and Scot.

6. Timewalker

I haven't actually bothered to remember anyone's names yet. Get it down to the last four or five teams, and then I will.

7. JirinPanthosa

Cydney is looking like the strongest player at this point.

This episode showed one of the reasons Tai is awesome but probably can't win. The way he divulged the superidol.

8. Timewalker

I'm pleased that Tai won immunity, but he should have kept his big mouth shut about the idol. He might as well have said, "I have an idol."

And I'm happy that Nick got voted out. What a beautiful blindside.

9. Timewalker

I'm not sorry to see the father-daughter team eliminated. WTF was she thinking, making her dad go through that dance?

10. JirinPanthosa

I can't look at her without seeing Debb from Dexter.

Tyler and Korry are surviving by the skin of their teeth after starting out so strong. They are a likely U turn target.

11. Timewalker

Well, tonight's episode of Survivor just rendered it impossible for me to cheer for any of them. One of the people I wanted to win (Caleb) was taken out for medical reasons. Now Tai has shown himself to be a rather selfish, hypocritical little POS. And just when I was starting to like Deb (in spite of her stupid insistence that Julia could be trusted), BOOM, she's gone.

So if the axe and machete are still hidden, what are people eating? Fish and roasted coconut... chopped up with a handsaw. :wtf: Are coconuts so hard that they can't be sawn through? And why the hell is that chicken still alive? Maybe Tai will turn on his new buddies after he sees them abusing his chicken (from the preview of next week).

I hope the women have the flint well-hidden.

12. JirinPanthosa

I'm still rooting for Tai. I don't think he's hypocritical, just he's practical and not unaware of his need to keep Jason and Scot on his side. And he's now under no obligation to give back Jason's idol so we'll see how that works out. He might actually have a shot now just because he's made himself indispensable. Only he 100% needs to win last immunity to do so.

Now I think Jason could actually win too, because Julia threw away all her good will.

Still hoping the women can somehow manage the super idol but they're in a bind that somebody needs to fall on their sword to do so.

13. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Tai needed to go along with Jason and Scott. But they also need him to form the super idol, so he's got quite a bit of power himself. I wonder if he'll have the guts to keep Jason's idol?

Never cared for the camp sabotage strategy. I'm not sure if it's that effective in the short run and it probably only hurts in the long run. I'd kind of like to see some kind of ban on hiding tools and provisions that belong to the whole tribe. Just doesn't seem right.

14. Timewalker

Agreed. This has the potential to cause medical problems. Considering how many of them had to be treated for heat stroke or dehydration, messing around with the tools necessary to get firewood to boil water or get food should be off-limits, and anyone engaging in such shenanigans should be booted from the game.

15. JirinPanthosa

The only time camp sabotage even has a chance of helping you is if it's not obvious who did it.

Anyone notice no U-turns yet? I hope they finally got rid of them as I have always hated U turns. Makes Amazing Race into Survivor.

16. Timewalker

U-turns are usually a late-game thing, right?

Damn, this leg was brutal. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that stuff, because I don't do well at all when it's hot and there is no way I'd get into a tank with sharks. I don't care what safety precautions were taken.

17. JirinPanthosa

Loved the way that episode turned out. There are so few players playing the game this season, amazing Aubry was the first one to think of just going to Tai and talking to him.

18. Timewalker

And it worked. I was pleased to see him take back his integrity and play for himself. I doubt his chicken is going to survive past the next lunchtime, though.

Breaking up that evil Scott/Jason duo was exactly the right move. Next one they need to kick out is either Jason or Julia.

19. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice move getting out both Scott and an idol. I loved how long it took Scott and Jason to realize Tai wasn't going to help them out.:lol:

20. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Tai made a tough choice. I think it was the right move, but a lot could go wrong for him over the next few votes. He still has two big targets on his back (an idol and an advantage), and he is really lacking for allies at this point (other than possibly Aubrey).