Surely something good happened to you today

I was out walking my cat Antony this morning and found a discarded baby changing table next to the dumpster. I brought it back to the apartment, cleaned it up and put my CD Box sets on it, consolidating all of them into one location, freeing up space on my bookshelves and my stereo cabinet.

I have to say, you're a brave soul for being excited about seeing a rattlesnake. Those suckers are deadly.
I kept my distance, listened for a rattle, and watched it's body language. I'm an animal person, so I get excited over pretty much any animal that I see. I'm always careful when I see them, and make sure to keep my distance.

I don't mind snakes when I see them but when I'm hiking there are always tons of little garden snakes (apparently they are actually called garter snakes but everyone I knew when I grew up called them garden snakes) on the trails and they startle the hell out of me when I don't see them and they hiss and zip away from my feet.

When I worked at a Cineplex one got into the pop containers and I was the only employee in the building willing to pick it up and put it outside :shrug:

It's always nice when you can get that kind of recognition from the higher ups.
I don't mind snakes when I see them but when I'm hiking there are always tons of little garden snakes (apparently they are actually called garter snakes but everyone I knew when I grew up called them garden snakes) on the trails and they startle the hell out of me when I don't see them and they hiss and zip away from my feet.

When I worked at a Cineplex one got into the pop containers and I was the only employee in the building willing to pick it up and put it outside :shrug:
My mom saw one of them at one of the parks where we walk the dogs, but by the time I came over to look, it was gone. I also saw a California Kingsnake on the same trail the rattler was on a while back.

I got my classroom fully prepared for my students tomorrow, and got kudos from the boss for scoring copies of Sammy Spider’s First Hanukkah, which has apparently gone out of print. My boss and co-workers have been pleased at the maintenance work I’ve done around the preschool, including painting, assembling furniture and resurfacing a cabinet around a sink. I also scrubbed moss off the Big Toy.

Yesterday I found out that I had completely worn all the rubber off the back tire of my e-bike, and I can't ride it, and I won't be able to replace it until I get money either from a new job or disability. So this means I'm back to using my old manual bike, and I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it through the whole route I rode on my e-bike. Today I decided to try and see if I could make it through my whole route, and I did it. So this means I'll still be able to see all of the people and horses I've met, which I thought wasn't going to happen again until I was riding my e-bike.

Many posts ago I wrote about the young woman from Australia who came into the shop to have the oil changed on her vehicle and she said she had worked on the Matrix films and had met the cast.

Well, she was back today getting another oil change and I asked her about any other movies she had worked on.

She mentioned Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck and she said that after shooting had wrapped, he kept the horse and had it shipped back to America.

Years later, while working on another project here in the states, she ran into Tom again, who remembered her from Quigley and she asked him about the horse and he replied that he kept the horse up until the day he died and had sired offspring, which he still had.

I got my classroom fully prepared for my students tomorrow, and got kudos from the boss for scoring copies of Sammy Spider’s First Hanukkah, which has apparently gone out of print. My boss and co-workers have been pleased at the maintenance work I’ve done around the preschool, including painting, assembling furniture and resurfacing a cabinet around a sink. I also scrubbed moss off the Big Toy.

I finally looked in the boxes I packed at the end of last school year, to see what was actually in them. Thought I had had the kids mark what was in them, but…
Also, scored some phonics books from the UK that have been out of print. They will be helpful.

Back