Surely something good happened to you today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

I have to say, you're a brave soul for being excited about seeing a rattlesnake. Those suckers are deadly.

2. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

I was out walking my cat Antony this morning and found a discarded baby changing table next to the dumpster. I brought it back to the apartment, cleaned it up and put my CD Box sets on it, consolidating all of them into one location, freeing up space on my bookshelves and my stereo cabinet.

wayoung likes this.
  3. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I, uh, missed a very important word when I initially scanned that post.

Victoria and Avro Arrow like this.
  4. DarrenTR1970

:lol:

Velocity and wayoung like this.
  5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I kept my distance, listened for a rattle, and watched it's body language. I'm an animal person, so I get excited over pretty much any animal that I see. I'm always careful when I see them, and make sure to keep my distance.

Farscape One likes this.
  6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If I see a snake of any kind, I fold up like a deck chair. You'll never hear whimpering more pathetic in your life. Even the snake will be laughing. :lol:

Velocity and Farscape One like this.
  7. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

A bit of Indiana Jones, eh?

"Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

Velocity likes this.
  8. wayoung

I don't mind snakes when I see them but when I'm hiking there are always tons of little garden snakes (apparently they are actually called garter snakes but everyone I knew when I grew up called them garden snakes) on the trails and they startle the hell out of me when I don't see them and they hiss and zip away from my feet.

When I worked at a Cineplex one got into the pop containers and I was the only employee in the building willing to pick it up and put it outside :shrug:

9. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will calmly walk by a snake and leave it the fuck alone.

My eldest, on the other hand, held one at the fair.

As for the topic, I received compliments from an executive leader in my company for my work running a program. It was nice to be recognized after all the craziness of the past year.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's always nice when you can get that kind of recognition from the higher ups.
    My mom saw one of them at one of the parks where we walk the dogs, but by the time I came over to look, it was gone. I also saw a California Kingsnake on the same trail the rattler was on a while back.

11. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I got my classroom fully prepared for my students tomorrow, and got kudos from the boss for scoring copies of Sammy Spider’s First Hanukkah, which has apparently gone out of print. My boss and co-workers have been pleased at the maintenance work I’ve done around the preschool, including painting, assembling furniture and resurfacing a cabinet around a sink. I also scrubbed moss off the Big Toy.

12. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I moved one of my IRAs and my savings account into a money market account with much better interest than the other 2 combined.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yesterday I found out that I had completely worn all the rubber off the back tire of my e-bike, and I can't ride it, and I won't be able to replace it until I get money either from a new job or disability. So this means I'm back to using my old manual bike, and I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it through the whole route I rode on my e-bike. Today I decided to try and see if I could make it through my whole route, and I did it. So this means I'll still be able to see all of the people and horses I've met, which I thought wasn't going to happen again until I was riding my e-bike.

14. DarrenTR1970

Many posts ago I wrote about the young woman from Australia who came into the shop to have the oil changed on her vehicle and she said she had worked on the Matrix films and had met the cast.

Well, she was back today getting another oil change and I asked her about any other movies she had worked on.

She mentioned Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck and she said that after shooting had wrapped, he kept the horse and had it shipped back to America.

Years later, while working on another project here in the states, she ran into Tom again, who remembered her from Quigley and she asked him about the horse and he replied that he kept the horse up until the day he died and had sired offspring, which he still had.

DEWLine, JD and Velocity like this.
  15. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I got the garbage to the dump and the mail from the mailbox (a new book) before the tropical storm hit!

16. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

It might take some doing of why liquifying prey items is kosher…

17. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally looked in the boxes I packed at the end of last school year, to see what was actually in them. Thought I had had the kids mark what was in them, but…
    Also, scored some phonics books from the UK that have been out of print. They will be helpful.

18. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got the new Covid shot and a flu shot free today at Walgreen's. Free is good since I don't have insurance.

19. wayoung

The new covid shot? That's fast. In my area we are just told "sometime October, probably late October"

20. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, it's the one that was just approved a few weeks ago.

Avro Arrow and wayoung like this.