Surely something good happened to you today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by rhubarbodendron, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

An actor from one of my favorite Outer Limits episodes turned up in my Twitter feed!

The actor was Matthew Laurance. Episode was "In Another Life".

Peach Wookiee likes this.
  2. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I know that episode. Was that where a guy was working with alternate versions of himself to track down a murderer version of himself?

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Yep.

The main character (Mason Stark) has just been fired from his job. In the privacy of his office he pulls out a gun and considers killing either himself or his coworkers. But before he can do either he's pulled into a parallel universe filled with hundreds of copies of himself. His counterpart native to that universe is the CEO of the company.

The CEO version ("Stark") had pulled hundreds of his counterparts out of their universes and was studying them to see which one was happiest - one he could replace. That was "Mace", the killer. (In his own universe Mace made the choice to burst out of his office and murder all of his coworkers.)

Then a fight breaks out between all three of them. "Mace" is sent to the original Mason's universe, where he commits suicide in his office. "Stark" is sent to Mace's universe, and is killed by the police who think he is Mace. In Stark's home universe, original Mason takes his counterpart's place as the CEO of the company.

Identical twin actors (Mitchell and Matthew Laurance) played the various versions of him. Mitch was the original, Matt was "Mace" and "Stark".

Last edited: Sep 4, 2023
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you like post-apocalyptic stuff, I would recommend checking See too, if you get the chance.

5. Farscape One

Thanks for the recommendation. I will see if I get a chance to see... SEE.

:biggrin:

6. Farscape One

My wife has done another thing to cheer me up from the DragonCon canceling.

She set up Halloween decorations in our bedroom!!!! (Halloween is my favorite holiday by far.)

She did an amazing job, as always. (I call her the 'Decorating Diva', because she is phenomenal at decorating.)

7. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

House inspection passed, unlike last time. I'm a home owner again

DEWLine, Velocity, Victoria and 6 others like this.
  8. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Moderator

WOOHOO!

wayoung likes this.
  9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Congratulations!

wayoung likes this.
  10. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Okie dokie! Moderator

wayoung likes this.
  11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Congratulations.
    One of the ladies I visit at the horseback riding club during my bike rides, actually left me in charge of horse for a couple minutes while she went to deal with another horse that she takes care of. I thought it was kind of cool that she trusted me enough to leave him with me. He was just wandering around grazing, so I didn't have to do too much, but it was still pretty cool.

Commander Troi, wayoung and DEWLine like this.
  12. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I cut my own hair and it isn’t a disaster!

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

You're a brave soul. I wouldn't trust myself to cut gift wrap in a straight line, let alone the hair on my head.

14. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

I won $28.50 in a raffle at my guild meeting today. First time winning anything since I joined!

15. Peach Wookiee

I managed to look somewhat presentable. I’m just not ready to go looking for a new stylist yet.

16. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I cut my own hair all the time. Ideally every second day but I often end up too tired for that. Only about 10% of the time does it end with me hemorrhaging blood.

17. Peach Wookiee

This was the first time I’d done more than my bangs in a long time. My dad evened up the back for me, but he reacted when I told him what I’d done. See, the last time I did more than my bangs was when I was seven years old and was trying to get back to school after a week dealing with head lice. My mom said we’d talk about cutting my hair after she got off the phone. Roughly an hour or so later, Mom got off the phone and I came to her with a ball of hair. I’ll allow the emojis to show her reaction…
    :eek::eek::eek:
    :crazy::censored::crazy::censored::scream::scream::scream::censored::cardie::cardie::cardie::censored::censored::wtf::wtf::wtf::klingon::klingon::klingon:, and later…:):biggrin::lol::rommie::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

18. Mrs. Silvercrest

Mrs. Silvercrest Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, it was yesterday. We had some friends over and we finally got to play that D&D monopoly board game we got for Christmas.

Commander Troi, JD, Velocity and 3 others like this.
  19. Mr. Laser Beam

"I find it suspicious that only one company makes the game Monopoly." - Steven Wright :D

It would have been if I tried to cut mine... :eek:

It's one of the reasons I shave my head. When I had hair, no matter how it was cut, I looked like Invasion of the Dork Patrol. Now I just look like Ming the Merciless, which is kind of a step up. :lol:

And strangely enough I rarely cut myself shaving (even on the back of the head which I can't see).

20. BK613

BK613 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's raining here right now—substantially. First rain on my yard since early July. :beer: