Surely something good happened to you today

I'd been having issues with my internet connection going down for two or three minutes, then coming back up. The service tech came today, had a look at everything, and found a filter on the coaxial cable outside my building (it was originally set up for cable TV). He removed the filter and voilà, no more problem (I hope).

Hmm, I wonder if maybe we have something like that going on at our house. Our internet is constantly cutting out for just a few minutes and then coming back.

Watched the 2000 version of Hamlet (the one with Ethan Hawke) today. I had forgotten just how awesome this movie is.

Hamlet in New York City....the Denmark Corporation....Shakespeare with guns...pure genius!

Last edited:
I was complimented by the customer behind me at Safeway about how well organized my shopping cart was and how I had put similar products in their own sections in the cart making it easier for the Safeway employee to bag them after they were scanned.

I attended a History for Lunch lecture today at the local museum and learned some "new to me" stuff about the Outer Banks wild horses. When we first moved out here we took our kids to the Outer Banks to see the wild horses. Our kids, however, were more impressed by piles of horse apples on driveways than by the horses themselves.

When I took the garbage to the recycling center this evening, the sky was a very strange color, sort of orangey red, and there were purpley clouds above that. When I got back home, I thought I would snap a picture of the strange sky but when I opened the door to do that, I saw that it was absolutely pouring. So glad I didn't get caught in that.

I had a really cool encounter with a couple of coyotes on my bike ride this morning. They were by the paved path I take through a wash, and as I got closer they ran off, and for a few seconds one was running down the path right in front of me and the other was off to my right. After a few seconds the one in front of me turned and ran into the bushes to the left of the path and the one on my right disappeared.

I seem to have a new best friend again. And at this moment it looks as if I'll be bringing over the better 20th-century horror movies as double features to her house for the next 50 Tuesdays or so. She loved Richard Attenborough's MAGIC, then laughed her head off through HOT FUZZ. So, three days from now: TEAM AMERICA and THE CAR coming up.

We're also hitting our local Barnes and Noble on Monday before they decide to cut back on their physical media....God unwilling.

Back