Spoilers Supernatural Season 15--the final season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

But that means I have to wait even longer. :wah:

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Now I get it! The coronavirus is Chuck's doing. He's trying to stave off his final fate.

I can't wait to see Billie in the Bunker. :D

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Next week’s episode looks like it might be fun.

A Sam and Dean from another universe show up.

4. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting episode.

The pacing felt off for some reason. I was much more engaged with Chuck's scenes and everything forward of the point where Billie killed Merle.

Cosmic warding... I don't remember that. The Men of Letters have always been a massive library of information, but how the hell would they know about that? It makes me wonder if the Men of Letters had access to Death's Library, which would explain that key we saw before.

A thought occurs to me... who exactly started the Men of Letters? As strange as this sounds, I think it might have been an angel. Maybe one that took the duty of looking over humans a bit more seriously and wanted to be far more proactive than the rest of the angels, but still wanted them to be left out of the books. That would explain a lot of the cosmic knowledge.

Or another odd possibility. Maybe Death himself started the Men of Letters. That would explain how they got a key to his library.

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Could make a interesting prequel series. The origin of the Men of Letters

6. RJDiogenes

Well, that was interesting. It kind of resolved the "Bad Place" storyline that should have been the Wayward Sisters spinoff. Unfortunately, the resolution is that all of the alternate Earths are being destroyed by Chuck-- he's essentially burning his rough drafts. Kaia turns out to have been alive all this time in the Bad Place and is saved by Sam and Dean when Jack opens a portal in defiance of Billie's orders. Another Reaper helps them keep the portal hidden from Chuck, but Billie does not take insubordination well.

And finally, Billie confirms the prior Death's assertion that Chuck can be reaped. By creating the universe, he made himself part of the universe, and so his book writes itself. Billie has a plan to end God, and the Winchesters will play the key role. Yep, this is the Third Testament and the end is nigh.

But then what? Somehow I don't entirely trust what Billie or the Big Empty Entity might have planned for the next phase. I suspect complications will ensue.

7. auntiehill

Anyone who watched "Chicago Fire" tonight would've seen a familiar face: Rachel Miner, who played Meg II on SPN from seasons 5 through 8. She played the wheelchair-bound mother who almost lost her son in a house fire. The actress is in real life now wheelchair bound, as she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis back in 2010.

She is still in the SPN family, as the Executive Director of Misha Collins' non-profit organization, Random Acts Inc. and the SPN family ran with her in the Austin marathon this year. This cast is a good bunch of people.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I didn't know that. That sucks.

9. RJDiogenes

That's awful news. I'm impressed with the loyalty and kindness of the SPN team, though. Another reason to miss this show.

auntiehill and Farscape One like this.
  10. auntiehill

I think one thing that is really telling is that they don't call themselves the SPN cast or SPN crew; they call it the "SPN Family."

RJDiogenes likes this.
  11. auntiehill

New Episode Tomorrow!

Looks like a more humorous episode but we'll see how it plays out.

12. RJDiogenes

Meanwhile...

It's the word of Chuck!

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

14. auntiehill

:wah::wah:

I'm going to go weep in a pile of flannel.

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I’m shedding a single man tear.

auntiehill likes this.
  16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sucks, but I'm glad they're taking a break now rather than in the middle of the final arc.

17. auntiehill

18. auntiehill

Great to see Rachel Miner (Meg) again and Jack is back in the game. And wives were on too, which was nice. But damn....what a place to stop. Argh! :scream:

I'm glad that rich alt-Sam & Dean didn't take up much screen time. That was a bit silly.

19. tnpir4002

tnpir4002 Commander Red Shirt

If you have to go into a forced hellatus, THIS is the episode to do it with.

We have:
    * An appearance by Rachel Miner (how in the world did they keep THAT one a secret?!)
    * An appearance by Genevieve Padalecki, with surprisingly fancy clothes compared to the ones she died in...but I nitpick.
    * A trip to The Empty.
    * A tidbit that in fact The Shadow is on Death's side, and that following Billie's plan means the Shadow goes back to sleep.
    * A trip to Hell.
    * A betrayal by Sister Jo.
    * JACK'S SOUL IS BACK! Courtesy of...
    * A trip to the Garden of Eden.

All in all some truly trippy stuff. I hate that we're going into an unforeseen hiatus (just as I was getting used to SPN on Monday nights), but it's most definitely getting good.

(And, tangent...but Curtis Armstrong aka Metatron was in a commercial during the show tonight. Neat!)

auntiehill likes this.
  20. RJDiogenes

At last, character motivation I can understand.