Spoilers Supernatural Season 15--the final season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It's Supernatural ; no one stays dead for long. ;)

2. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

I am sad.

I really loved Rowena. A fun character, and always a quick wit. Her interactions with everyone are always a treat. I met Ruth Connell at DragonCon, and she was funny. I told her I wanted her to survive to the end because she was awesome and deserved it.

I'm not getting my wish...

And Ketch is dead, too. Given that this is the final season, will the deaths be permanent? In Rowena's case, she took out her last revival pack.

Side note: she basically died the same way Crowley did. Helping the boys. Like mother, like son. Has a nice symmetry to it.

Second side note: I do wonder if this means that somehow, she will be queen of hell.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I honestly expected him to show up in Hell to save Cas

With all the souls and demons leaving the place, there was no one there to process him so he would have been free to roam around.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd like to think Ketch would end up in heaven despite his past. His character really grew on me.

5. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Okay, I guess all that flirting between Rowena and Ketch will come to naught, since both are now deader than Marley-- and both of these former antagonists went out heroically, especially Rowena. Death's prophecy, or revelation, that Sam would be the one to kill Rowena did indeed come to pass, and the world is saved from Chuck's Final Apocalypse. Except, of course, it's only episode three of the season and Chuck is in Reno and I wonder how he's going to feel about his Pulp paperback universe taking on a life of its own?

Oh, and Rowena and Ketch weren't the only ones to meet their fate in this Very Special High-Body-Count Episode. Bobbyorr, or whatever that demon's name was, got smited by a wrathful Castiel but good, despite his claim that his powers are waning. I'm still hoping the real Jack comes back, and I think he will, and I think Death and the Big Empty Guy will be involved.

I'm very sorry to see Rowena and Ketch go, since they were both fun and interesting characters. And yet, Rowena did leap into Hell, and she was full of spirits, which was exactly what Bobbyorr was trying to do to give himself super godlike powers, and Rowena's son was once King of Hell, so maybe there will be a new Queen on the throne before long. And, come to think of it, Ketch is probably going to Hell, so maybe she'll have a consort. All that flirting may pay off after all.

[Looks like Farscape beat me to the Queen of Hell idea.]

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jared Padalecki was arrested early Sunday in Austin, Texas. He was charged with two counts of assault and one count of public intoxication. He allegedly struck both a bartender and the general manager of a club called Stereotype.

7. auntiehill

Damn! Jared always seemed such a gentle dufus-dad type at the conventions. He owns Stereotype in Austin, so I wonder if it was an office-spat kind of thing? He's talked a lot about dealing with depression. If you already have depression, you probably shouldn't be drinking a depressant.

8. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

Bummer. Hopefully everybody is okay.

Additional information from Deadline:

‘Supernatural’ Production Not Immediately Impacted By Jared Padalecki Arrest
    By Denise Petski, Nellie Andreeva

October 28, 2019 3:15pm

Supernatural star Jared Padalecki was arrested over the weekend and charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault following an argument at an Austin, TX bar, an arrest affidavit reveals. Padelecki is not currently in custody, according to online records with the Travis County Jail, and production on the 15th and final season of his CW series Supernatural is not currently affected by his arrest.

Texas native Padalecki has starred as Sam Winchester since the launch of Supernatural, which is roughly half-way through production on its its 20-episode 15th and final season, currently airing on The CW. The Austin, TX resident was home on a planned break when the incident happened. He is not scheduled to be back at work in Vancouver, where Supernatural films, until later this week.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/supern...ed-padalecki-arrest-austin-tx-bar-1202770960/

9. RJDiogenes

Wow, that's surprising. Maybe he thought they were possessed by demons.

10. auntiehill

[​IMG]

NEW EPISODE

Can't wait! So, with hell under control (for now), where will we go?

11. auntiehill

OK, that episode had WAY more in it than I expected and I'm glad about that. We finally get to see Becky again, see Chuck---and he is seriously scary-- and get some set up for what's to come.

So...Sam is having visions again . But are they of alternate universes? Is Sam getting his psychic powers back? Can't wait to see more!

Trivia: I kept thinking I recognized the mom character -- she also played the mom in the infamous episode, "Bugs." She is also, incidentally, the wife of Peter Deluise.

12. Farscape One

Great episode.

Sad with the boy... a good kid. He sacrificed himself knowing he couldn't keep his bloodlust in check.

I wonder if we'll see more of Benny again. I always loved his character. (I got meet him at DragonCon a couple months ago. Super chill guy.)

Chuck has really become dark. What he did to Becky and her family... wow. He really IS a cruel, capricious god, as he once said.

I wonder if the dream Sam had was him tuning into Chuck's imagination somehow. It would be an interesting way to come full circle with his visions from way back.

And the bacon scene... scenes like THAT are exactly why I will miss this show so much.

"The Meat Man"! LOL!!

auntiehill likes this.
  13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

auntiehill likes this.
  14. auntiehill

WTF? The CW must be desperate to prop up that time slot. I guess they are hoping the SPN audience will move to Roswell.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  15. Farscape One

They were on Mondays a LONG time ago. They've done every single weeknight.

I am virtually certain no other series has done that. That also speaks volumes about the loyalty of SUPERNATURAL fans... we go where the brothers go.

16. auntiehill

^Indeed. We'll always find them.

17. RJDiogenes

^^ I have them favorited on On Demand, so it doesn't matter where they go. :rommie:

Okay, so Chuck may be compromised, but he's not powerless-- as Becky and her family found out. His main problems seem to be an inability to leave this universe and... writer's block. But Becky helped him with that last part before she was sent to the cornfield, and she also helpfully goaded him into a much darker ending for Sam and Dean that she believes will alienate all their fans. This is obviously foreshadowing, but is it preparing the audience for an ending they truly won't like it, or is it a bait and switch-- I have a feeling that Chuck's storyline may be a satire of the type of morbid storytelling that has become so ubiquitous lately.

And then there's Sam's weird, possibly prophetic, dream. Could he have been foreseeing Chuck's dark finale? It seems unlikely, since it happened before Chuck even thought of it, but who knows where god's concerned?

The main story this week, of the teenager and his superficially obnoxious parents, offered a nice twist and ended up being kind of touching. The execution was a bit horrible, but that kid had no chance after having drank human blood for so long.

auntiehill likes this.
  18. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I assumed Sam was watching an alternate ending for Sam and Dean in another universe. Chuck seems obsessed with those two, and it's possible that a lot of the more recent universes (that he has created and then abandoned) had various dark endings for Sam and Dean. I was waiting for another dream (with a different dark ending) to confirm, though.

As for why Sam would be seeing alternate universe histories: I figure that the bullet has linked Sam to Chuck's psyche (possibly even to some of Chuck's powers).

auntiehill likes this.
  19. RJDiogenes

That's possible. The fact that he can't just abandon this universe like he did the others may play into how things eventually work out.

I was thinking that, too, which may support my theory that Sam and Dean may end up in charge of Heaven and Hell.

20. auntiehill

[​IMG]

Woo! Can't wait.