Spoilers Supernatural Season 15--the final season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I feel like this season is going to be a love letter to the rest of the series. And oh boy, another Michael to deal with.

auntiehill likes this.
  2. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

A great start for the last season.

First, the song choice of "The Famous Final Scene" by Bob Seger... excellent choice for THE ROAD SO FAR. And I loved how it still played in the teaser, all the way to the title card. I will confess... knowing how much Dean loves Seger and how the song was so perfect for the last season, I already shed a single man tear while it was playing. Very much the same way with season 6's "EXILE ON MAIN ST."... not only was it perfect for Dean's situation at that time, but it happens to be my favorite Seger song. And yes... I shed a single man tear when that originally premiered, as well.

Next, we got to see some VERY old defeated foes... the woman in white, Bloody Mary, and that damned clown. (This is precisely why I find clowns supremely creepy.) I think that other woman ghost, the one wearing black, was Margaret Fox from season 7's "THE MENTALISTS". Not sure who the guy was... I'm going to have to think hard on that one.

And interesting having that demon take over Jack's meatsuit. And I find his reasons for helping the boys strangely understandable. I guess even in hell, some people don't like change and just enjoy going to work and doing what they are good at. And I think the rock he was referring to is that really old one in England... Rudson Rock or something, which is like 10,000 years old. And given his knowledge of spells, I wonder if he knows even more than Rowena.

It seems clear that this season will sort of be the epilogue of the boys' journey... did they really make a difference? Was it worth it?

And I caught that look on Dean's face when Belphegor said even the Cage was opened. Even crippled, as Chuck said back in season 11, Michael is still an Archangel. And damned powerful. Actually... he's the only one left. I think Dean is scared he'll escape and find a way to make him say yes.

And it looks like we'll finally get to see Adam this year.

So much to do and tie up for a 20 episode season

auntiehill likes this.
  3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Well, that was an interesting start to the final countdown, despite the fact that it was mostly setup for the season. Chuck was nowhere to be seen, and I found the conversation between Sam and Dean about God and free will very intriguing-- if they can resolve this thing and Chuck really has moved on to start a new franchise, then they have the universe to themselves. Which sets up a possible ending similar to the one I envisioned way back near the start of the show, with Sam and Dean in charge of Heaven and Hell.

One thing I did not like is the demon in Jack's body. I hope this is just a stopgap and we get the real Jack back quickly.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

5. RJDiogenes

Well, that was an interesting start to the final countdown, despite the fact that it was mostly setup for the season. Chuck was nowhere to be seen, and I found the conversation between Sam and Dean about God and free will very intriguing-- if they can resolve this thing and Chuck really has moved on to start a new franchise, then they have the universe to themselves. Which sets up a possible ending similar to the one I envisioned way back near the start of the show, with Sam and Dean in charge of Heaven and Hell.

One thing I did not like is the demon in Jack's body. I hope this is just a stopgap and we get the real Jack back quickly.

6. Farscape One

A friend mentioned earlier this morning about the bullet in Sam.

What if the bullet will end up giving Sam some of Chuck's powers and he ends up becoming the new god?

It would kind of fit into what someone once said that the end of show could have Sam in charge of heaven and Dean in charge of hell.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  7. Tuskin38

Yeah, I also just remembered that chuck said what ever the bullet does to the target, it happens to you. Which means Sam actually hurt Chuck with that shot.

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

They spoiled that Kevin reveal by having the actor’s name pop up at the beginning.

9. auntiehill

^Yeah, pretty much. I was really hoping for more out of the Chuck & Amara On Vacation scene. I'm hoping we'll get more info soon.

I was really bothered by the idea of Kevin being sent to hell. I mean, WTF? That doesn't make sense.

10. Farscape One

Rowena and Ketch... such an odd pair, but it works somehow. I hope this will be a revurring thing.

Kevin in hell? WTF, Chuck? I wonder if an angel can bring Kevin to heaven, like how Naomi helped Bobby up when he was blocked by Crowley when Sam got him out.

So Chuck is not at full power. Maybe the bullet took some of his power and it's trapped in the bullet in Sam.

I'm wondering if there really is going to be an ending with Sam in charge of Heaven and Dean, hell... especially since Kevin might be stuck there, and Dean still feels guilt about what happened to him.

And so much for the theory that it wasn't Chuck that released all hell... I was wondering if it was the Empty creature that somehow got free. Though I am certain we haven't seen the last of him.

A good episode.

11. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Man, Chuck is a major dick. No wonder most of the angels are too. I wonder how long they will be stuck in this town. Hopefully they'll be on the road again soon. Ketch and Rowena was weird. They do seem kind of perfect for each other. I loved the look on Dean's face when he was watching them talk.

12. Farscape One

One other thing I want to point out that I love about this season... 'THE ROAD SO FAR' having the rear of the Impala. Baby is just as important as the boys, and it's fitting that she takes a center spot in each episode.

13. RJDiogenes

Well, that put an end to the theories that Chuck was an imposter or that he has moved on for good. Instead, we find that God is stuck on Earth, seriously compromised, and looking for help from his sister-- who still holds a grudge. I'm surprised, but pleased, that Amara is actually back.

And so is Kevin-- because instead of sending him to Heaven, Chuck sent him to Hell. Which didn't really make any sense to me. I know that Chuck is capricious and mercurial, as most gods of mythology have been, but why send Kevin to Hell? It doesn't really make sense, unless a further explanation is pending. I'm sure we'll see Kevin again.

And we have other returning familiar faces in the form of Rowena and Ketch, both of whom are always welcome. And now they have the hots for each other. :rommie:

And it looks like they won't be able to contain the End Times for much longer....

Hopefully Baby makes it to Car Heaven when the time comes.

14. Farscape One

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Baby ends up being a part of the actual solution this season. Maybe even has a piece of heaven in her...

(Might even be the subtle reason Baby has been used in "THE ROAD SO FAR" beginnings.)

15. RJDiogenes

I've always thought that there should be something magical about Baby, just to explain those cross-country drives that only take about five minutes.

auntiehill likes this.
  16. Tuskin38

I wonder if they're saving up their budget for something big in this season, because next episode they're still in the same town.

17. auntiehill

[​IMG]

Very excited to see tonight's episode. I wonder how long we are going to stay around the town?

18. tnpir4002

tnpir4002 Commander Red Shirt

The thing that kept nagging at me: why didn't Belphagor just teleport himself and Cas down to Hell? Cas might not have wings anymore, but last I heard demons didn't have any problem zapping from place to place.

Also on the topic of Cas: how did the demoness who hired Ketch manage to flick him so easily? I thought the whole point of angels was that they were stronger than demons and weren't affected by demonic telekinesis? And, without wings, how did Cas manage to get topside through the hellgate?

Not on the best track so far with the lore this season.

On the other hand...LOVED Cas' rage-smiting at the 40-minute mark. He was so angry his eyes glowed and he all but incinerated Jack/Belphagor's skull, and charred the remains of the body beyond recognition...I sure hope this isn't the last we see of Alexander Calvert this season.

And what can I say about that ending except...tear jerker!!!

...and at least Cas finally admits his powers are failing.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Teelie likes this.
  19. auntiehill

Holy CRAP, that was brutal. :( I'm glad that Rowena went out in somewhat heroic fashion. She's really grown as a character; there wasn't much left for her to do.

So...does Cas return to what's left of heaven? Is Chuck coming back?

Teelie likes this.
  20. Tuskin38

Based on how last season ended, I doubt this is the last we've seen of him.