Spoilers Supernatural season 14

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, Oct 12, 2018.

1. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably had a little left.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is awesome news. The 300th episode is going to be one hell of an event.

I can't wait to see the the entire Winchester family reunited at last and fighting demons together.

Snick27 likes this.
  3. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Nice. I've been waiting for that for a long time.

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

...or the "used up" pieces of soul were only gone from the mortal world.

5. tnpir4002

tnpir4002 Commander Red Shirt

Gotta say...not terribly enthused by tonight's midseason finale. Most of it felt like filler. Yes, it was nice to see Garth again...yes, they chose a terrific actress to play Michael...and yes, the last few minutes were great. But it felt like too much windup for too little pitch.

The ending did confirm a couple of fan theories I've seen floating around, and it does make me want to see the winter premiere in January, but...the pacing just felt off.

(I will say the "walk of awesomeness" set to Christmas music...that was a fairly nice touch.)

6. Kelthaz

So the real reason that Michael left Dean was because it's a 20 episode season and they had to pad the story out. Yeah, that's about what I was expecting.

I agree that this episode was a bit boring and they completely wasted Garth's big return, but it was still okay. I'm not excited to see what comes next, but I am interested. That's good enough.

Snick27 likes this.
  7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

@tnpir4002 : I agree; the pacing felt rather off. I was also hoping to see more of Garth; he's been gone so long that it felt wrong to spend so little time with him.

I hope the pay-off will be worth this rather clumsy set-up.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good thing they had a bunker full of alternate universe soldiers so they didn't have to take on Michael alone. Unfortunately they were defeated by an opponent they never saw coming, the CW budget.

Snick27 likes this.
  9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This episode was pretty good, but it was definitely a setup episode. Michael destroyed the egg and the spear (Dark Kaia will be pissed) and revealed his plan to convert the entire population of Kansas City, Missouri. Very devious of him to throw everyone off by not going for Kansas City, Kansas. And then, just as it seemed like Dean would get the best of him, Michael repossessed him. And is about to snap his fingers and bring the hammer down.

Michael's reason for letting Dean go for a while was interesting. At first it seemed kind of lame, but then I thought that it might be foreshadowing. He complained that Dean wouldn't stop squirming, which seems like it should be trivial to an Archangel, but if Michael had to come up with a scheme to break Dean's spirit, then Dean must have represented a real threat to him. This is especially interesting given the previews for the next episode where it seems that Sam and Castiel enter Dean's brain (and I'm expecting at least a hard R rating). Maybe Michael will be defeated in the playground of Dean's mind.

Either that or they'll bring back Lucifer to defeat Michael, just like they used Michael to defeat Lucifer, and we'll spend the rest of the series alternating showdowns with Lucifer and Michael every season.

It was nice to see Garth again, especially when he went all Werewolf. I hope he sticks around for a while. And I got a kick out of Ketch's cameo when he mailed the egg. "Oh. Sorry, blokes." :D Still no budget for those other-dimensional Hunters, though....

10. tnpir4002

I'm hoping Jack's line about "my uncle is still in the Cage" (a nice bit of continuity in a series that seems increasingly without it) wasn't just a throwaway line; I'm hoping we finally get to see a showdown between our Michael and Apocalypse Michael.

11. Kelthaz

You know that gets me thinking.

I wonder if our Michael will possess John's body again to do battle with AU Michael in Dean?

12. auntiehill

John? You mean Adam?

13. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually, Michael did possess John in "THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME". Very briefly, though.

14. Kelthaz

No, I totally mean John.

15. auntiehill

Oh, that's right-- Young John.

16. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With these writers, I wish they would either just do a 10 episode season or split the 20 into 2 pods seasons. I understand its season 14 and hard to come up with new stuff with these writers on board, so 10 episode around Dean being Michael would of been cool. Guessing by the end of next episode Michael will be out of Dean and the who point of this season is wasted as bad as Demon Dean was.

17. auntiehill

[​IMG]

New episode tonight, after the long Christmas break.

I hope this episode is better than that cliff-hanger; that was pretty dreadfully handled. We shall see.

18. tnpir4002

For my part, I hope the second half of the season is better than the first half. This is the first time I've ever just yawned and not bothered to tune in to more shows than I actually watched. It was a big mistake if you ask me to waste the first half of the season on MotW episodes that didn't so much as touch either of the big storylines for the year (Heaven crumbling and Michael's plan)--yes, I know, after the fact they tied in some of the MotW stuff, but that was about as weak as Billie's rescue of the brothers from that prison a few seasons ago. (Most of my problem with that is still valid: can't Cas walk through walls, even if he can't teleport anymore without his wings? Can't he sense where the boys are from their prayers?).

I got all excited about Castiel's big decision in the episode where he brought Jack back from Heaven. That turned out to be little more than yet another demon deal (or so it felt). A summary for an upcoming show says basically the same thing about Sam--let's hope that this time we don't just get more of the same old same old.

19. tnpir4002

Okay...tonight's show is already FAR better than the midseason finale. Why?

They brought back Tracy (Thunderbird?) Dinwiddie. Also known as? PAMELA BARNES!!!

20. tnpir4002

And I'm glad to see they're getting another episode's use out of the bar set they constructed for 14x01. (And a fairly good use, at that.)