Spoilers Supernatural season 14

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by auntiehill, Oct 12, 2018.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I loved Zombie Archie. :D

This was a silly, but very good, episode, and I think what surprised me most was that there were two entirely separate plots that never came together-- I kept expecting them to be connected somehow. The Fly Monster story was kind of odd and sad, especially when the procession of Fly Monsters came to collect the body of their dead friend. Apparently there are some monsters that are not generally evil and just kind of keep to themselves, which is an interesting concept.

I got a big kick out of the cute and innocent-looking small-town girl who is really a serial-killing Necromancer. I'm glad she survived to become Jack's stalker. That looks like it's going to be fun. I wonder if she will somehow be the one to save him from whatever disease he's got. :D

Also, it's interesting how the last two episodes have pointed out that nuBobby and nuCharlie are not oldBobby and oldCharlie.

2. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

OK...very creepy representation of Lucifer there...and the Shaman is clearly coming back later with demands. Also, someone seems to be "watching" through Dean's eyes--Michael?

Lots of set-up here...looking forward to seeing what happens!

3. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

What is it with dying and Tahiti? I get it’s a magical place but there must be more to it.

4. tnpir4002

tnpir4002 Commander Red Shirt

Looking at the promo for Byzantium, it looks like Lily Sunder is back. This promises to be interesting if so...

5. Farscape One

Farscape One Vice Admiral Admiral

Dean let Jack drive Baby. There is no greater compliment or gift. I am not ashamed to say I shed a single man tear when that happened.

And what is with the shaky Dean vision? Remnants of Michael? Or is he hiding in Dean? Given he is an archangel from another universe, he may be able to hide despite Castiel scanning Dean.

And Nick praying Lucifer back to life... that seems a little too convenient. Maybe this is possible due to his power up from Jack's grace. I got a definite TERMINATOR vibe from that scene.

A scenario entered my mind, though it is likely not to happen. What if Jack gets someone pregnant? Does the child become even more pwerful than Jack? A junior nephilim?

Looks like some setup has occured here. I am interested in seeing what they have planned.

auntiehill likes this.
  6. RJDiogenes

What surprised me with this episode was that Lucifer is coming back so soon and with so little buildup-- unless this some sort of red herring and that wasn't really Lucifer coming out of the tar pit. Is that what it looks like when you return from the Big Empty? We never actually saw Cass make the transition. And how is it that Nick was able to pray Lucifer back? Cass had to first be awakened by Jack's greater-than-ordinary powers and then argue with the Watchman, or whoever that was.

And Nick turned out to be just a violent serial killer because of all the time he spent with Lucifer. He had some bad feelings about murdering people and sent that girl away before he could kill her. I thought for sure that he was the killer of his family and that it was his psychotic nature that made him a good fit for Lucy, but it was just a cop possessed by a demon. Abraxas, was it?

But I suspect that something is up with Sergei. It doesn't seem likely that his alleged attempt to cure Jack was just a "failed experiment." But we'll see, I suppose. Maybe Rowena will figure out what was wrong with the spell and correct it. In the meantime, it was kind of cool to see Dean and Jack just hanging out, eating fast food, fishing, and hitting the highway-- with Jack behind the wheel. "It's kind of like I'm you." "No, you're not." :D

And with Cass, Jack, and Nick in the same episode we had no budget for extra Hunters, so the Bunker was deserted again. :D

Snick27 likes this.
  7. tnpir4002

First reference to Metatron's spell in years: "...all of Heaven's gates are open, including the ones Metatron closed."

Shouldn't that mean Cas can teleport again? At least theoretically?

8. tnpir4002

Well, now we know what the Ruler of the Empty is properly called...

...The Shadow. Creepy name, but apt for its appearance.

9. tnpir4002

...aaaand another deal, another secret among the Winchester clan. Seriously, didn't we spend at least three seasons doing this? The fact that now it's Cas and Jack doing it to Sam and Dean can't change the fact that it's some *very* familiar territory.

On the other hand...we got to see Naomi again tonight, which is great. We also got to see The Shadow out of its native element, only now it seems to be a lot less sane--a LOT less--than it did in "The Big Empty." And I don't understand why it's blaming Cas for waking it up...shouldn't that problem have been rectified when it sent him back to Earth? Shouldn't it rightly blame Lucifer this time, since we saw last week that Lucifer is awake again?

10. auntiehill

Liked seeing Heaven and the angels (er...what's left of them) and I'm glad we finally got back to the evil Shadow dude from the Nothingness.

I also liked the end of Lily Sunder's story. She sacrificed her life to help save someone else's kid; that definitely deserved a trip upstairs.

11. Farscape One

Quite a bit happened here.

Castiel making that deal... he is fully a Winchester. That is the prerequisite to be a member of that family. I think I figured out why The Shadow has it in for Castiel, or more specifically, why it was him who woke The Shadow up. Remember when he killed Billie in "FIRST BLOOD", after she was about to take one of the boys souls? There was going to a cosmic consequence, and I think that's it. Because of that, it was why he was awake in the Empty and why it woke up.

And nice callback to Osiris, one of the few times a season 7 episode is referenced.

And Lily... it was a nice ending for Lily. I think she was a tortured soul, and her sacrificing her last bit of it to save Jack was a nice touch. She gave up her soul to regain it. Very poetic.

And nice to see Naomi again... I always liked her character, and Amanda Tapping.

I really enjoyed this episode.

12. Jayson1

Jayson1 Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many angels are still alive? Just two of them if you don't count Castiel?

Jason

13. auntiehill

They haven't said ..but since they only showed two, that's a good indication of how dire the situation is.

14. Farscape One

Naomi mentioned the total last season as only 12, if memory serves me.

15. RJDiogenes

I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but it seems ever more likely that Angels will be returning from the Big Empty from what I'm reading.

Snick27 likes this.
  16. RJDiogenes

So it looks like maybe Lucifer's not back at all-- at least not yet. Given the black goo that invaded Heaven, it seems like we were looking at the Guardian of the Big Empty leaving the Big Empty in the last episode. And he or she is batshit crazy. And now there is another secret deal looming over somebody's head. Cute how that was foreshadowed when Dean thought for a moment that Sam had made a deal with a Crossroads Demon or something.

A lot happened in this episode, that's for sure. Jack died, Lily Sunder returns, we meet Anubis (who directs people to Heaven or Hell, but doesn't choose where they go), Naomi returns, Dumah returns, the Guardian of the Big Empty returns (didn't I have a nickname for him?) and invades Heaven, Kelly returns, Cass sells his soul to nothingness, Jack is resurrected, and Lily dies. I loved how her one last good deed, even after she learned she was going to Hell, was enough to recalculate her abacus and get her into Heaven. I also got a kick out of Jack's idea of Heaven.

And all those other-dimensional Hunters are still MIA-- too many recurring characters in this one. :D

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's been announced that
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan
    is coming back for the 300th episode.

Snick27 likes this.
  18. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

About bloody time if you ask me.

19. auntiehill

Woo hoo!

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

If Lily used up the last of her soul to save Jack, what exactly went to heaven?

Snick27 likes this.