Strange New Worlds Season 2 Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by gvn2fly, Apr 19, 2023.

1. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Um FYI - The 1987 version had a totally different tone from the 1966 - 69 version.

Been watching Star Trek since 1969 with season 3 on NBC (I was six). TNG was not TOS and retconned so many things from the original Star Trek.

And by the way, many fans hated the Hotel Lobby Bridge of the 1701-D; and when TOS fans brought up the question of why they didn't do a bridge that was more in line with what came before, the response from many was:

"What? You expect a show made in 1987 to look like a show that was made in 1967?..."

The more things change the more they stay the same with respect to Star Trek fandom.

777, burningoil, JRob94 and 8 others like this.
  2. valden

valden Commander Red Shirt

fans seems to be hyping up leia more than I thought. I do think she may show up at the end of season 2 and will be some kind of replacement reoccurring character in season 3. all signs so far may be pointing that chapel will leave the series and I will say it is because spock breaks thing up but if that happens, why jump into Leia so fast?

Also Spock does not dump Tpring ,we know this from Amok Time. I feel SNW Season 2 is going to give spock and tpring the we were on a break trope from Friends.

the writers have already told fans on twitter that Roger Koby will show up soon. they have said nothing about Leia.

Yistaan likes this.
  3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Arguably The Best Poster Named cooleddie Moderator

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    And we're all still breathing. Funny how that worked.

4. Yistaan

Yistaan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amok Time strongly implies Spock never had Pon Farr before: "I'd hoped I would be spared this, but the ancient drives are too strong."

I think the implication Spock lasted as long as he did without pon farr was due to being half human.

JRob94, Tallguy and Sci like this.
  5. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Arguably The Best Poster Named cooleddie Moderator

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Although implies doesn't necessarily mean it happened that way. His 2260 pon farr could also be very tricky and send him on a roller coaster of violent emotions and from that point until "Amok Time(TOS)" he looked for ways to circumvent the condition but, alas, no avail. So he kept his mouth shut about it and when Piper and then McCoy became chief medical officer of the ship he chose to either downplay his concerns or not mention them at all.

Commander Troi likes this.
  6. valden

valden Commander Red Shirt

Why do people forget Chapel already kissed spock in plato stepchildren. however I do wish they stop all the kissing under influence.
    ehhh, amok time also implied more that he had not seen tpring since he was 7 and she is not meant to know Chapel and chapel is not meant to know spock had a wife but snw is ignoring that.

look at it this way, in amok time when chapel goes to give him soup and he throws it at her, could it be she knew secretly what he was going trough and wanted to ''help'' like she did some 7 years ago?

I trust he knows what pon farr is, snw shows him sexually active and into vulcan romance tradition.

JRob94 likes this.
  7. Captain Jollydark

Captain Jollydark Captain Captain

I keep mine in my pocket. For emergency reality checks.

8. Yistaan

Pike: Joseph, where's Spock? I have the most amazing man he'll ever meet that I need to introduce him to, James T. Kirk.

M'Benga: Oh. I, uh, ordered him to take shore leave on Orion.

Pike: Wait, what? Why?

M'Benga: Sorry, doctor patient confidentiality. If you really want to know you're a smart guy and you know I did an internship on Vulcan but that's all I can say.

Pike: ...

M'Benga: Guess Spock will have to meet Kirk here some other day.

9. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are no signs pointing to this whatsoever. Nobody has referred to or alluded to the possibility of Jess Bush leaving the cast, and there is no in-story obligation for Chapel to leave the Enterprise.

No obligation to. It's just speculation.

We know from "Amok Time" that they do not have a real relationship going in 2267 -- the engagement hasn't been called off but they're not seeing each other. We know from SNW S1 that they had a real relationship in 2259. Therefore, at some point, somebody dumped the other; we do not canonically know who. "Amok Time" gives us no indication which person it was but also does not preclude the possibility that Spock terminated their relationship.

Because it's a bad episode. Also, it's set almost a decade after SNW and starred a completely different cast, so I don't think it's relevant.

10. Lordcommanderdarkwolf

Lordcommanderdarkwolf Commander Red Shirt

11. Captain Jollydark

Yeah, it's weird. I was wondering that too.

12. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder how they got Federation Phaser rifles.

13. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some Prime Directive-violating shenanigans I assume.

14. Blackout

Blackout Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey, if they're time traveling then we don't actually know exactly when they're coming from, right? They could be older here than they are currently in Lower Decks!
    ...although hopefully not much older since I dont think they've gotten a promotion yet :lol:

J. Frank Doobie, Sci and JRob94 like this.
  15. Yistaan

This is the same franchise that just had 30 something Ed Speleers play a 21 year old.

PiotrB, Sci and JRob94 like this.
  16. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

D7s and the enterprise in some sort of wibbly wobbly anomaly
    [​IMG]

17. Blackout

Blackout Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And I thought he was great.

18. Captain Jollydark

I think you may have it wrong in this case. The writers have already subverted our expectations of T'Pring's character. She appears to genuinely care for Spock. So, my theory is either Spock screws up which opens the door to her seeking solace elsewhere, or his crazy brother, Sybok, gets in her head, plants seeds of discontent and hey, there's Stonn! He's always had your back, honey. Cue music and mustache twirling.

19. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

It seems to me that you’re just here to create arguments. We could do with less of that.

20. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

And before that, everything after 1979.