Strange New Worlds - CGI Effects

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by Cap.T, May 5, 2022.

1. Dar70

Dar70 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yup. That is the biggest problem. They cram the scenes way to much nowadays. The Avengers films, transformers films etc. Are also good examples of this.

2. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it was also used for shots of the ship flying flying by, not doing any fancy flying. Panning shots and such.

3. Serveaux

Serveaux Mediocre Old White Man Premium Member

So I understood, but some of the CG artists have indicated otherwise. One seemed a bit miffed about the, uh, misunderstanding based on early publicity for the series.

It'd be cool if it really is true, though.

4. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Screenwriter | Award-Winning Journalist Premium Member

What made the original JURASSIC PARK hold up and more convincing than the new ones is that the VFX team studied actual animals to get an understanding of momentum, skin folding, etc. I got to hear them speak at the re-release screening at Lucasfilms. They understood the physics of movement. And it was paired with animatronics to further sell them.

The stuff in the new ones just look like a video game. It lacks weight and mass. It feels artificial far more than the original film. To me, at least.

That said my biggest issue on the newer TREK shows is that it's too damn dark. Turn up the lights so we can see the purdy ships!