News Star Wars Andor anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Turtletrekker, Nov 8, 2018.

1. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Even as someone who likes Rogue One a lot, 12 episodes for Andor is just baffling. Is the actor just more available then Pedro Pascal? I can't imagine anyone is exactly clamoring for Andor, so its weird that its getting more episodes then the other SW shows (and I think its more then any of the Disney made MCU shows, too).

It could be a great show, I'm definitely going to watch it, but unless the episodes are 30 minutes or less the amount of them seems odd, especially since they're hinting that it could have a second season.

TedShatner10 likes this.
  2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is it a twelve episode season or is it two seasons of six episodes each? The latter would make sense, as six episode seasons is very much in line with how Disney+ does its live action Star Wars and MCU show. A twelve episode season would be very odd.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

The sizzle reel they released in December 2020 for Season 1 said 12 episodes.

A second season hasn't been officially confirmed by LucasFilm, only mentioned by an actor earlier this year.
    https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news...econd-season-2-renewed-disney-plus-lucasfilm/

Last edited: May 26, 2022
  4. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

2 seasons of 12 episodes each, starts 5 years before Rogue One and ends right before it.
    First two episodes coming August 31

5. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting to see the Imperial Senate there.
    Do we know what the deal is with the room with everyone in white uniforms at 0:54?

Kor

6. Reverend

Reverend Vice Admiral Admiral

So directly parallel to Rebels? That could lead to some interesting points of correlation, if not direct cross-over. Mon Mothma's open declaration of rebellion seems like a no-brainer.

I think it's also pretty clear we're also getting some flashbacks to the Clone Wars/Bad Batch years, what with the phase 2 clone troopers.

I see the senate got a remodelling . . . I wonder what the cover story was for Palpatine trashing the joint? Is it weird that I really want to see what the Imperial Palace/former Jedi Temple looks like in live action?

Some major THX-1138 vibes from the look of the factory workers. I think George would approve!

I'm assuming they're ISB, like Yularen.

The Nth Doctor and Turtletrekker like this.
  7. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Since it's running alongside Rebels chronologically, I wonder if we'll hear Mon give this speech again

Turtletrekker likes this.
  9. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Great trailer...and I loved Fiona Shaw's moment at the end. Can't wait to see in the Star Wars universe.

Which hopefully means K-2SO shows up in the second season then.

10. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks alright but the Man vs Bee trailer wins today. That just looks epic

11. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Surprisingly intriguing. Consider me intrigued.

Commander Troi likes this.
  12. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that trailer sold me on this! I was skeptical, but it looks like it could be something pretty awesome.

13. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Does look like another pro rebellion propaganda piece though. :)

Commander Troi and Morpheus 02 like this.
  14. Reverend

As I said, that one should be a no-brainer. But what intrigued me more was the possibility of Cassian hearing the Bridger Transmission, and that it may represent a pivotal moment for his character.

Note that Tony Gilroy said on stage that the show starts five years prior to 'Rogue One', with the first season covering that first year, with the second covering the next 4, right up until RO. So the first season is directly concurrent with Rebels' season 1, at the end of which (right when Cassian's character arc may be reaching a crisis point) some rebels hack the imperial com-net and broadcast a message of hope throughout the outer rim.
    Seems like a perfect fit, no?

Booji and The Nth Doctor like this.
  15. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Admiral Admiral

It is Rogue One though, half of what's in the trailer may not be in the final product.

16. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed. It makes me highly skeptical but cautiously optimistic that they might take one irritating characters of Rogue One and make him enjoyable.

17. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

18. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Commander Troi and saddestmoon like this.
  19. Reverend

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not that detailed, he's just breaking down how the show's time jumps are going to work.