News Star Wars Andor anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Turtletrekker, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

First they announced The Mandalorian for Disney Plus and now we will see the adventures of Rogue One character Cassian Andor.

Diego Luna is set to return.

What do you think? Could Vanessa Marshall pull off a live-action General Hera Syndulla?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  2. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

I'm not sure about this. Rebels and Rogue One gave us more than enough Rebellion building stories. I'd love to see the Rebels crew pop up in live action, but this is kinda redundant at this point.

Kibbin likes this.
  3. Turtletrekker

I wonder if Alan Tudyk will appear as K-2SO?

@flavaflav -- frankly, at this point, the Rebellion era is the only era I still have any real interest in (with the exception of the final season of Clone Wars).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cool, I liked him a lot in RO.
    So it's Disney Plus now? I thought it had a different name last time they talked about it.

I could see it. I could easily see most of the Rebels cast playing their characters in live action.

5. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

As with all things, it comes down to the execution. There's nothing DOA about the idea itself.

Also, IMO not having K-2SO would be a huge missed opportunity; he stole pretty much every scene he was in, to the benefit of the film.

Markonian and Turtletrekker like this.
  6. Turtletrekker

Actually, I think it's "Disney+".

7. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

With this, the Mando and the talked about multiple Avengers series, Disney are going all out with the live action programmes.

Turtletrekker likes this.
  8. Booji

K-2 would be awesome. The show definitely needs him.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

The problem with K-2 is that it's not terribly practical for a TV production.

As far as ground already covered: 'Rogue One' depicted a very specific critical make-or-break moment for the Alliance, while Rebels told the story of a single cell and was understandably limited in scope. That still leaves a *lot* of potential story left to tell and the world of guerrilla espionage, assassination, infiltration and morally grey actions in service to a greater cause has fantastic drama and story potential.

Also: possible live action cameo potential for Ahsoka! ;)

10. Turtletrekker

11. LJones41

LJones41 Commodore Commodore

Since I'm a big fan of Diego Luna's portrayal of Cassian Andor, this sounds like great news to me. It's too bad I won't be able to see it, due to the fact that I don't see myself possessing Disney's new streaming service.

maneth likes this.
  12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The show will almost certainly get a DVD/Blu-ray release as all other shows made for streaming services like Netflix and CBS All Access do.

13. Turtletrekker

Also, all of these services tend to offer a free trial week.

14. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

I'm down.

15. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm certainly interested.

16. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

huh.. Didn't like his character to much.. to 1 dimensional.. Well, I hope he gets more development, and happy to see a "mission impossible in space" spy thingy..

17. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

That is why I hope that iTunes will offer a season pass like I get with Rebels and Resistance. I just have an HD antenna so if it is not locally broadcast I will not be able to see it. I can't afford to subscribe to anything But I will shell out money to own the episodes. I hope I do not have to wait a year like on Netflix to get the episodes on iTunes/Blu-ray. In fact I just noticed That Star Trek Discovery Season one is now available on iTunes..Off to bing watch!

18. Booji

After having time to reflect, I am much more interested in this show now. The concept is pretty cool and shit could get grim in a good way. Truly looking forward at this point.

19. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Wasn't his whole thing that he was a burned out bad guy by the start of the movie? Isn't this going to run into the same kind of problem that Solo did of taking someone who doesn't become a noble bright hero until a specific point and then try and give us a marketable version of that character before that point. Not to say this might not be a dark and gritty adult rated Star Wars series. As others have said there isn't anything super bad about this but so far they haven't said anything to get my interest.

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't say burnt out, he still gave a damn about his job to some degree. He was becoming numb to the fact the job required him to do terrible things, as shown by how quickly and causally he killed the informant at the beginning. He obviously didn't like this aspect of himself, though he probably didn't realize it until Jyn tried to rally an attack on Scarif, which motivated him to gather the others and launch the attack anyway.