Star Trek Timelines

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 15, 2016.

1. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

For some reason my daily rewards have bugged out today, emailed support but no answer so far. Doubt they work weekends

2. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

You should have received a response by now. They got on it this morning and resolved it.

3. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Yep ... I had that problem also, and got another 100 chronitons, which was useful as I redid some missions from episode 2 several times.

4. pteal1979

I managed to get on first thing this morning before work and claim yesterdays rewards, minutes before it rolled into a new day :)

5. Schneider21

Schneider21 Ensign Red Shirt

I really wanted to love this game. Collecting your favorite characters, unlocking new ships, and sending your crew out on missions sounds great, but in practice, it turned out to be more of the standard Freemium Click-Wait-Pay gameplay.

If there was some element of actual skill or decision-making to be had, I think it would change the dynamic of the game quite a bit. As it stands, the game loop is very dry and boils down to either buying things or grinding a ton to get access to content so you can... grind more of the next stage.

I think this was already done with Star Trek Trexels, and in a more interesting way.

6. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

started to play with this a few days ago, but damn the pay wall comes on fast. got through the first episode ok, but already midway through the second one i'm hitting walls with regard to what the characters can accomplish. Does DIL drop anywhere, or is that pay only? Other than gambling with credits, doesn't seem like much of a way to get better stuff any faster. Rerunning episode 1 over and over again is kinda boring. Wish they'd have had more stuff to do early on...

7. pteal1979

the only way to get Dilithium at the moment is to buy it. Personally I've spent £2.99 for the monthly Dilithium card which gives you 100 per day, which I use to buy a premium rewards daily.

8. Wetworth

Wetworth Lieutenant Red Shirt

Not a lot of value in this game as it stands. The storyline seems all over the place, like i'm only getting snippets. As has been mentioned, it takes $$$ to progress. The dozen or so bundles I've bought with the in game currency have not yielded anything for me better than a single blue quality character. That doesn't cut it. Having limited amount of game play a day doesn't help.

9. Esh4780

Esh4780 Cadet Newbie

Anyone know how or if you can get more then 25 available crew slots?

10. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^Yeap, they have not got the grind vs play time right, too much grind, i deleted it once i relieased i was sitting in front of another trek game like Star Trek online, that was about to make me go grind silly in. lol

11. Wetworth

You get extra crew slots by upgrading you VIP level, otherwise known as $$$. Click the VIP icon and read the level descriptions to figure out how many.

Yeah, I got out of STO around a year or two ago when i realized how much time or money was needed for the revamped crafting system. Months of grinding or $100's if I remember. There really isn't any end game, either. PvP was a joke, I could beat on someone with my science ship all day long and never dent their shields. No thanks.

Esh4780 likes this.
  12. Schneider21

Schneider21 Ensign Red Shirt

For the record, I wouldn't mind spending money on the game if there was some gameplay to be found in doing so. As it stands, purchasing content just lets you do nothing at a faster rate.

It is pretty, though.

13. Wetworth

The thing is, I'm not sure that you can even progress past a certain point without putting out some cash. i don't think the grey/white/green characters will get advanced enough stats to complete later missions, let alone the weeks it may take to advance them playing for free.

I've spent a few dollars, the daily dilithium seems like a good value. I just hope they can make changes or additions before everyone has bailed on the game and it's dead in the water.

14. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Hit the pay wall VERY fast. Decent stable of green characters, just can't get very far. About 2/3rds of the way through the 2nd episode, and that seems about it. Got all the stars in Ep1, and started the Elite version, and even there can't get too far. Disappointing.

That, and really not much to do, no gameplay. You either pass or fail, and that's sorta it. Wanted to like it, but can't see this one staying on my phone much longer.

15. Esh4780

Esh4780 Cadet Newbie

Thanks for the help :)

Wetworth likes this.
  16. Shawnster

Shawnster Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I've ground my way through to 3rd mission of Episode 3. I was stuck for a while on Ep. 2 and thought I'd hit the pay wall and couldn't go further. Finally figured out I had some crew left to upgrade and caught a few lucky breaks.

I've still not purchased anything but I am contemplating the daily dilithium allowance.

I've upgraded my Constellation Class to Level 3

Kirk Level 30
    Riker 23
    Crusher 20 (finally got a doctor)
    Worf 20
    Spock 20
    Ezri Dax 20
    Sulu 20
    Mayweather 11
    Tuvok 10
    Odo 10
    Donik 10
    Kai Winn 10
    Yar 10
    Acting Ensign Crusher 10
    Trip 10
    Chakotay 10
    Nog 10
    Ro 10
    Wesley Crusher 10 (different than the acting ensign)
    Jadzia Dax 10
    Keiko 10
    Troi 10
    Torres 10

I'm stuck needing better science than I have. Grinding away to upgrade Spock more.

17. Wetworth

Just a heads up. I experienced a bug where I could not login. A moderator on their forums gave the workaround of resetting your profile, leveling back to level 4 and logging in again. It didn't work, but worse, I lost everything. Not just my progress, but all the dilitium and VIP points that I paid CASH for. Just gone. Probably just going to wipe my hands of it. Too much pay to play, too buggy, too grindy. Don't feel like starting over from level 4, with a Constellation, zero dilithium and 25 max crew slots.

Play at your own risk, I suppose.

18. LeadHead

Ouch. That's a pretty bad bug. You said you spoke to the Moderator, did you file a support ticket? Sometimes games need for things to go through a channel like that in order to reimburse the material to your game account. Even if they couldnt restore your progress, I'd imagine they could at least verify your dilithium purchases and give you that amount of dilithium and the proper VIP level.

19. Wetworth

The moderator gave instructions through the forum, so I didn't personally speak with them. I did submit a ticket on Monday. Haven't heard anything; it's Friday now.

I dunno, if the game wasn't Star Trek based, I would have zero interest. It's just not very good as it is. There's so little actual game play, and for the life of me I cannot understand why they think micro-transactions = $30+. STO did the same thing with it's premium ships, and coupled with the exponentially increasing grind, and that's what drove me away from that game.

20. LeadHead

Unfortunately, it's not uncommon for it to take that long to get a response from support. Hopefully, they'll be in contact soon.