Spoilers Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 1x10 - "A Quality of Mercy"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Strange New Worlds' started by Commander Richard, Jul 6, 2022.

?

Hit it!

1. 10 - Excellent!

59.2%
  2. 9

20.9%
  3. 8

10.0%
  4. 7

4.8%
  5. 6

1.3%
  6. 5

1.9%
  7. 4

1.3%
  8. 3

0.3%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

0.3%
  1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

You realize that Mount is the actor, right?

More "the women!!!" BS. And here I thought you changed the record. :lol:

Who's saying "Mount" is a shell of his former self? Got a link?

Who are you agreeing with? Did IMC Headquarters say that?

2. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Or, and just hear me out on this, they could keep him around for a good long time by just telling stories leading up to TOS.

Crazy, I know...

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nah, they have finite amount of time to tell stories. Like MASH and the Korean War. ;)

4. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Radical. :lol:

Hopefully Paramount + continues to grow.

5. fireproof78

You're telling me the Korean War didn't last 11 years and wasn't host to one of the best MASH units in the US Army for that entire time? Really?!?

Next you'll tell me Star Trek isn't an historical documentary...

;)
    Where else is it going?

6. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seen the new new trailer, and Ghast! The romulan ship looks like a Tos romulan ship!! The Horror!

Deledrius likes this.
  7. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the Picard model from what I can tell. The Bussards are at least the same at least, it could be modified but kept that same element.

Markonian likes this.
  8. valkyrie013

valkyrie013 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just surprised they didn't change it 25% .. :guffaw:

They finally gave us a D7 but they changed it up a lot.. So was expecting like a tos fied one from enterprise or something.. I know it showed up in Picard.. But still suprised me abit..

9. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

What happened in the movie, with taking Kirk back to when Soran was trying to launch the missile toward the Veridian star, wasn't the best time. That much is certain.

But going back to when Soran was on the Enterprise would have been a problem because at that point there was no evidence that Soran was up to no good, and therefore no probable cause for taking him into custody and detaining him. That would be some "Minority Report" level injustice right there, arresting someone for something that they were "going to do" in the future.

I think a better time to show up would have been on the Amargosa Observatory when Soran turns on Geordi and Data but before he launches the probe toward the Amargosa star. At that point there should be plenty of evidence there that Soran is up to no good, including Soran's own actions.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this week's episode of SNW. The clip that was released online looks intriguing, and the message from Pike's future self sounds like an interesting wrinkle.

Kor

Markonian and Captain_Amasov like this.
  10. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it look more like the ones from Enterprise.

11. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Agreed. And I hope that this episode doesn't pile on the ramifications of Pike avoiding the injury. I'm sure Pike would make the sacrifice even if it "only" involved those cadets. He doesn't need the weight of Galactic Politics to get him to do the right thing. That would cheapen it.

But we'll have to see what the episode has in store. I'll be waiting up late for it to drop!

12. Mr Awe

You're going to be disappointed.

nightwind1 likes this.
  13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's a clear shot of it in a new clip, it's the Picard model.

14. Mr Awe

I don't always remember the timeframe correctly, but isn't SNW currently about 7 years before the accident?

If so, we can have a ton of Pike adventures (7 seasons if they continue one season per year) and still have his accident occur and pass the baton to Kirk.

I doubt that's happening in the 2nd season. At least I seriously hope it doesn't!

15. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

This misogynistic bullshit finally earns you a warning for trolling.

16. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

So is the actor who played Sarek in Discovery going to play the Romulan Commander?

17. fireproof78

Supposed claims are that Kirk is not replacing Pike. I will believe it when I see it, i.e. when someone else watches Season 2 and tells me what Kirk's role was in it.

But, overall, yes, I agree. Pike has plenty of time for adventures without needing to futz with his fate. But, of course we have to futz with fate because futzing with fate is preferred over the strange belief that a character with moral convictions about doing his duty would actually stick to his guns and accept the choice he made.

Mr Awe likes this.
  18. Mr Awe

Ha! Yes, I was wondering that too! It would only be appropriate.

19. Mr Awe

Geez, yeah, Pike doesn't need the extra weight of a Romulan war on his head to make the right decision. Saving the cadets would be enough. As you say, he made his decision. He's not going to renege now.

nightwind1 likes this.
  20. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just like the other dude, I'm guessing you already seen the Episode. So you know what going happen at the end. Don't you. Even I don't even know what the ending will be. That is a wait and see that. It could end the way you and some others want it to end. Or, it might end the way I and other think it will end. What ever it will be it will be.
    By the way. Why would James Kirk have Captain Rank in 2259/60? Wouldn't his rank be Lt. Commander.