Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. mastadge

mastadge Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

God I wish they had a same-scale line-up for popular ships. Obviously couldn't do the huge ships, but while the uniformity of size is nice to some extent, I think my display would look so much nicer with the ships to the same scale.

2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Please share some pics of the DeLorean!

137th Gebirg likes this.
  3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Will do. It’s on my shelf right now. I’ll see if I can get to it this week.

4. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I'll never do an Eaglemoss partswork model. I'm not too keen on key parts being being out of stock and the whole thing has to sit around partially assembled for years, lol.

5. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With their less then stellar track record of having issues for all who subscribe, let alone the fear that production stops (for whatever reason) before all issues are released, then you have the issue of the size of the model and the fact that the promotional material isn't supposed to be an accurate visual representation of the finished model, just means there is literally no way in hell I would get this.

6. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's an insane amount of money to sink into something without even a finished production sample for them to demonstrate.

saddestmoon likes this.
  7. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Got the discount stuff - it was the XL Vengeance which I hadn't noticed - glad I don't routinely buy the XL models or I'd have no shelf space left! Needed a blast from the chef's blowtorch to sort a wonky pylon.

The Vastam is much smaller than I expected, about 1/2 the size of the Aelhahl and the T'varo (which in-game would be the reverse)...

saddestmoon likes this.
  8. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I'm into starship models rather than having a hobby about assembling them.
    Plenty of models of the E-D to go around, therefore I feel no need to invest space. time and money into the Build the E-D collection.

dantini and Brefugee like this.
  9. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I thought the Vastam ended up really small in person as well. Nice detailing, though. I'm going to need to pick up the Aehlahl when it's back in stock.

Markonian and dantini like this.
  10. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

11. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pre-ordered the Online Khitomer and Relay Station 47 (because the wife thought it was “cute”) on the US site.

Feel like pestering Customer Service about La Sirena.

12. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just pre-ordered the Khitomer as well. The current promo code seems to work with that one, but not any of the other pre-orders. I'm guessing it shouldn't work with the Khitomer, but hey, it went through, so I'll take it. Picked up the Maquis Raider and the Aventine as well, along with the TNG manga collection for the David Gerrold and Diane Duane stories, and the last of the collected unpublished comics materal I haven't gotten yet.

13. Lynn Minmay

Lynn Minmay Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Just got the XL 1701-D..retired my AA/DST version.

14. 137th Gebirg

Just received an email today from EM/HC regarding my new STU subscription and the La Serena model:
    There have actually been massive delays, really, and when I called them about this back in January (I was missing a bunch of stuff that I was charged for, apparently shipped out, but never received on my end) and they were talking about a new warehouse back then. I guess they're still working on it. Don't know why they need to keep switching warehouses. This happens relatively frequently. but there it is.

And more waiting ensues... :scream: :sigh:

Markonian and Nate like this.
  15. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just came here to post that. I got the same email. Nice of them to let us know of the delay 4 days before it’s supposed to ship. :lol:

137th Gebirg likes this.
  16. Leathco

Leathco Commander Red Shirt

I'm doing the big D partwork. I'm not doing videos of it like many Youtubers are, but if you guys want pics I can start a thread and post them every month.

17. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's an excuse not to restock.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  18. 137th Gebirg

And here ye go... :)
    D01.jpg D02.jpg D03.jpg D04.jpg D05.jpg D06.jpg D07.jpg D08.jpg D09.jpg
    Ironically, this model was an exceptionally unintentional-accurate representation of a real DeLorean. As, sadly, the headlights and taillights ceased to function after I married the upper and lower halves together. :censored: The DMC-12's had notoriously bad (aluminum) wiring.

Other than that, though, no joke, this thing was an amazing piece of engineering. You can't see it, but there is actually a PRV-6 model engine underneath the time mechanisms in the rear, exactly where it should be. It was a long and sometimes tedious build, but worth every second of effort once completed.

drt, dupersuper, Tosk and 8 others like this.
  19. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

It looks really great! I only have the Welly part 1 and a very inaccurate small one from the ride store, but I'm getting the playmobil one tomorrow :D
    And I just got the Haynes manual, so I can tell you all those cables look right ;) XD
    Was there a magazine with each issue?

Markonian and 137th Gebirg like this.
  20. 137th Gebirg

Thanks very much! :). Yes, there was a magazine included with each issue. I’m actually still waiting on the final two issues of the subscription (for the past 5 months), but they’re extra parts for the BTTF 3 railroad track conversion which I’m not using, so it’s not that big of a big deal. The main model has been done since December. I had a lot of spare time to work on this during the lockdown last year.