Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I only display a few of them because they're flimsy/breakable. The rest are loose in toy boxes.

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Yeah, I'm glad I didn't subscribe, too. Getting the issues at my local kiosk seems much less complicated than keeping up with the trouble when dealing with Eaglemoss. I do think, though, that I'm kinda lucky with the guy running the kiosk, because others seem to have long taken the series out of their shelves.

Oh god, I hope it won't be just a repainted NCC-1701 model. Would be just as uninteresting as the recent announcement of the “Final Flight” Enterprise-A from Diamond Select. :cardie:

That's cool! Although I can't say I ever noticed this ship anywhere.

I think of those I'd want the Conestoga the most. A really cool design.

Other models I'm interested in are the T'Plana-Hath, Discovery, Shenzhou, Xindi Weapon and the background ships from Star Trek (2009).

I don't keep all of them on display all of the time. I'm just displaying an ever-changing assortment of ships while keeping most of them in their box elsewhere.

3. mindx2

mindx2 Commander Red Shirt

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

4. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a spare bedroom that doubles as an office. I have a big bookcase with 10 sections in there.

Each section has a big DST model (plus a model of the Enterprise-C I put together to complete the line) surrounded by Eaglemoss ships. That said I'm running out of room now & expanding to the top of the bookcase.

5. Markonian

That is most definitely a repaint, like the ISS Enterprise (except it has spikes) and the SS Yorktown.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It's another Wolf 359 ship, like USS Kyushu we've already had, and there's to be at least two more after this one too.
    And I can't wait for them all!

7. Markonian

That being USS Ahnwahnee (Cheyenne class), USS Firebrand (Freedom class), USS Princeton (Niagara class) and USS Melbourne (Nebula class).

8. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Jealous...

9. Markonian

Replacement Aldrin (1701-D Shuttle 02) was delivered two days ago. Glad I ordered the set quick enough to get the 1071-D version - because basically that makes it a 5- shuttle set (even when one is a duplicate).

10. Doom Shepherd

Doom Shepherd Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My house is actually very small. However, I have a LOT of shelving, because I know how to build my own, and because the wife and I are both obsessive collectors. Only the bathroom (too steamy), kitchen (too greasy), and basement (too damp) don't have at least three walls with shelving, much of which is floor-to-ceiling.

I made even more room by turning my CD collection into an iTunes collection and a number of my books into eBooks. (Being able to consolidate and discard things occasionally may be all that keeps me from being a hoarder.) Oh, and replacing stuff like the old, huge, TNG DVD collection with the newer compact Blu-Ray collection which takes up MUCH less shelf space.

Markonian likes this.
  11. Aerotrek

Aerotrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi, I'm new here but have followed this thread for ages just didn't know when to jump in! I'm a subscriber and just received my larger enterprise D. I've got to say I like it (not as much as the constitution class) lovely detail. The saucer section is very heavy and I'm not sure how strong the drive section is comparitavly. But all in all a nice thing and it looks great next to the franklin.

12. Captain of the USS Averof

Captain of the USS Averof Commodore Commodore

Great to have you aboard. Thanks for the E-D review! :bolian:

Markonian likes this.
  13. Markonian

Welcome aboard!

14. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I only ever have about 8 on display at any one time. I usually the three latest ones I have on my desk, and then 5 random ones on the top of my bookcase, which I randomly rotate every few weeks. It makes it nice to get old ones out again I haven't looked at for a while.

Markonian and Michael like this.
  15. Markonian

That's a very clever solution!

16. Markonian

News from Twitter:

1) Shenzhou (NCC-1227) and Discovery (NCC-1031) are mentioned again. Ben hopes to have models from DSC S2 by the time some convention rolls out. Meaning: they have the series licence and just need its material.*
    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/BenCSRobinson/status/877612898373296128

2) Ben is aware of a 20-item wish list. He says there are nice things that are not on the list. Note: That indicates pure interest and does not confirm the listed items or the "nice things" will get made.
    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/BenCSRobinson/status/878354758851080193

3) Let the man speak for himself: "So I was thinking ... would people want a little TAS mini series. Not saying I can talk my bosses in to it..."**
    Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/BenCSRobinson/status/878355215136636928

* Technically, he doesn't say outright that the Shenzhou and Discovery get made. But you wouldn't speculate about an unwritten S2 if you didn't make the S1 lead ships. That also raises the potential for a Klingon ship. (Personally, I'd love to get both versions of the Discovery).

** Anyone else clamouring for a Bonaventure (Chibi-Constitution)? Do you think there would be rights issues with making the Traitor's Claw (re: Niven's Kzinti)? Would you like to see the unmanned Antares class version?

17. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Sadly, for the past several weeks I haven't been able to view his feed. I keep getting "Sorry, Twitter is taking too long to load" errors and can't see anything anymore. :(

18. Markonian

Does that happen on the Twitter app or on the Twitter page in your browser?
    Does it work from a computer or other device?

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Good question. Using an iPad and it's loading in the browser (Firefox). Only seems to be a problem with Firefox, however. Mercury and Safari seem to work after doing some digging.

Typical. I have yet to find a browser that 100% works on the iPad. There always seems to be something missing or broken on every one I've used. :(

20. Markonian

Normally, the in-built browser is best. Safari in this case. Have you tried Chrome or the new Microsoft Internet Explorer?
    Otherwise, download the Twitter app and stick to Firefox if it had been working best so far.