News Star Trek: Section 31 Movie with Michelle Yeoh Announced!

It may be that her schedule (or price) wouldn't allow her to commit to a series; but with a film, they can both test the waters as to if this type of thing will work for P+ streaming, and be a happy medium for all parties involved.

I love Michelle Yeoh films and other things she's done, and I wish it were a series (I'd have rather seen Starfleet Academy as a film as sorry, I think that's going to become Star Trek 90210:barf:)

But the above said, who knows? If the film is popular, they could take it to a series/mini series, or do a second film.

Bottom line: I'm happy Kurtzman and Michelle Yeoh could get something going that's Star Trek related for her and fans like me who want to see her do more in the Star Trek Universe.:beer:

Huh. Never thought anything would get made on this front. Props to Paramount+ for at least producing something for fans of the concept that has been teased since 2018.

Think of the possibilities! We could finally get the Klingon miniseries so many of us have been begging for! We could check in on what’s been going on with Harry Mudd (I still can’t believe we haven’t revisited him since DSC S1). Nick Meyer could finally get the Khan miniseries he was working on. Hell, we could lure new fans in an almost untapped demographic with a Star Trek romcom!
. LLAP!
This is what I'm thinking. There are so many cool ideas that don't have a five year series in them or a actor/legacy actor who doesn't want a multi season commitment. But now they might have a possible home

Still can't get too niche. They can't make films exclusively for the die hards, but it certainly opens up the world. That's one of my favorite parts of Trek. The world building.

I would. I'd also make content more geared to a wider audience but Hell, if you have the platform and it won't hurt you might as well craft some of the beer for the classic drinkers.

Why not? Picard is working for them...
Picard features some of their most popular characters. I'm just saying you're probably not getting films about random one off characters from days gone by, hence my comment about not getting to niche you didn't bother to quote.

Unfortunate but not unexpected. At least its only a movie and not a series.
They were never going to make the series. The premise is too thin to support anything ongoing. Before EEAAO it felt like they'd forgotten about it, and then once Yeoh got her Oscar it was clear that they wouldn't be able to afford her or book that much time for her ever again.
A movie is a decent compromise, I guess. But this pizza cutter hasn't done anything to earn redemption. I heard someone else have an idea for the show being her landing in the current timeline and Bashir using her to take down Section 31. Not the best idea, but if they must make more Section 31 media, eliminating them is a good idea.

A Romulan War miniseries would be epic.

And while we are on the subject: get Diane Duane’s agent on the phone, and negotiate the rights to make a miniseries from her Rihannsu novels.
It's Kurtzman. He's in the JJ clique. They don't "do" credit to old apocrypha writers. See Star Trek Into Darkness or The Rise of Skywalker. :D

IIRC, S5 is already filming or done with filming, we got a trailer in November, so 31 will probably be after that

IIRC, S5 is already filming or done with filming
Done-ish, anyway, since they still have to do some additional shooting/re-shooting to make it work better as a final season.

I'm only wondering more because of how many months we still have to go until 2024. I'm going to guess it won't take as long to make a two-hour TV Movie. And a TV Movie would definitely be quicker than a Cinematic Movie, so if they can get S31 done before 2024, there's no reason why they couldn't air them in close proximity. But I guess we'll see.

Hopefully, Yeoh's agent talks some sense into her and she backs out. The Section 31 thing wasn't going anywhere. Then she wins an Oscar and this is announced within weeks. It's such an obvious attempt by Paramount to piggyback their floundering network on her [much deserved] success. It's sad and pathetic.

And all for a character who conceptually exists somewhere between Palpatine and fucking Hitler but is conveniently portrayed as someone who grew up on the wrong side of the time trax and fell in with the wrong crowd.

Anyway...
STAR TREK: THE ROMULAN WAR.

That would be one of the greatest announcements we could get from Paramount+. If a little Emperor Georgiou and Section 31 get us a lot of other characters and timeframes I'm here for it all.
A Romulan War miniseries would be epic.

And while we are on the subject: get Diane Duane’s agent on the phone, and negotiate the rights to make a miniseries from her Rihannsu novels.
I don't know if they'd do it, but the Romulan War is actually something I'd be interested in seeing.

I don't know if they'd do it, but the Romulan War is actually something I'd be interested in seeing.
Check out the Erik Jendresen Star Trek: The Beginning script, which Rick Berman commissioned on this very topic before a new regime came in and brought in JJ.

I'm not sure what the board rules would be on a direct link, but it's easily found with Google.

Check out the Erik Jendresen Star Trek: The Beginning script, which Rick Berman commissioned on this very topic before a new regime came in and brought in JJ.

I'm not sure what the board rules would be on a direct link, but it's easily found with Google.
I didn't know the script was online. I'll look it up. Thanks!

Back