Spoilers Star Trek: Prodigy 1x19 - "Supernova, Part 1"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Prodigy' started by Commander Richard, Dec 21, 2022.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

44.2%
  2. 9

40.3%
  3. 8

13.0%
  4. 7

2.6%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Ah, yes, in that case I agree.
    It is the largest open bridge I've seen, which just kind of seems like a security hazard.

2. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Perhaps the whole fleet was just fake and empty ships cause someone saw the future and warned them, explaining the odd hull markings, lack of impulse engines on the Sovs, and that the apparent massacre actually didn't have casualties :D

Ar-Pharazon and Wouter like this.
  3. Wouter

Wouter Captain Captain

Decoy ships, I like it :techman:

4. JoseNoodles

JoseNoodles Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I recall reading somewhere that some early publicity shots of the Big-E were based on lighting test shots where the model's deflector was not yet complete.

I always wondered about Alex Jaeger saying the ship had 15 torpedo launchers, and wondering how that worked. I guess we know now.

That's what he's there for.

Pretty gruesome for a kid's show right?

Oh, you're tempting me...

Overall great episode. Great performance by Ella Purnell. I think time travel might play a role in the finale. 9/10

I find it interesting the Sovereign's registry is listed as NCC-73811. I remember that registry for the Sovereign from Star Trek Bridge Commander :) .

5. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

well all of those tubes are visible without the rotating.

6. JoseNoodles

How about that; isn't that something.

7. Tuskin38

There's 12 launchers on the pod, and 4 on the saucer; two on port and two on starboard, yes, sideways facing launchers.

The rotating launchers looks cool though, I like it haha.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

I noticed that too. It doesn't make sense that the visible outer part would need to move, but something internal like the cylinder of a revolver would rotate to supply torpedoes.

9. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean, Clone Wars straight up WW2's a pilot on screen.

10. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

Watch the video, it has pictures of the original model with a blue deflector

11. Tuskin38

Rebels has blown up a bunch of imperial ships with hundreds of imperials onboard.

cooleddie74 likes this.
  12. JoseNoodles

Yeah I knew about the actual torpedo launchers on the model, but I hoped this spinning disk launcher would have retcon away some of those launchers as not being actual launchers, like the sideways facing launchers.

It also had Asajj Ventress kissing a clone before stabbing him with her lightsabers. Kinky.

Tuskin38 likes this.
  13. kinupanda

kinupanda Cadet Newbie

As a notable Starfleet engineer once said, "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Commander Troi likes this.
  14. JoseNoodles

Yeah, I guess I was wrong about the deflector not being finished. I like how the video shows those early test shots though.

15. Tuskin38

To be fair that was cut from the TV aired version (at least on Cartoon Network, idk about other stations). It's in the home release and D+ versions.

16. JoseNoodles

Pretty sure I saw it on some broadcast version, maybe Toonami/AdultSwim?

17. cal888

cal888 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agh, I really should have waited until all of season "1.5" was available to binge. The back half of the season reminds me a lot of ENT season 3... serious serialization but with speed bumps.

Great to see that fleet!

I was hoping the season would end with the rescue of Chakotay and his crew... now I'm worried a time travel partial reset button might be employed to get out of the Living Construct has spread too far predicament. Hopefully they'll stick the landing, no matter how many plot points they try to advance.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2022
  18. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I just remembered another instance of ships being taken over to fire on one another. In the Romulan War books it was a large plot point. It's the reason why Starships had prefix codes and why ships started to reverse technology which is why in TOS the ship seems less advanced than ENT.

19. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

The Kobayashi Maru novel. The origins of the infamous test and the novelVerse explanation why ships after the ENT era had a more “analogue” look; explaining the aesthetics the ships had in the TOS era.

20. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think this may top Lower Decks as my favourite show of the new era of Trek. It also made me nostalgic for Voyager, which I didn't think was possible (particularly after Picard literally murdered part of it in season 1 lol).