Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

• It's Frontier Day, the 250th anniversary of... something (NX-01 launch? otherwise Earth Starfleet would be too late and Federation about a decade too early)... many ships in Sector 001 for the celebration
Before a number came up, I thought it's Terra Nova, the first colony (some 325 years).
But if it's 250, it could be the launch of the NX-01.

otherwise Janeway and Chakotay should've arrived to a devastated, post Eugenics Wars Earth of 1996 in that VGR two-parter, and yet Venice Beach still looked okay to me.
They never said North America was attacked in TOS.

the first manned Mars missions didn't happen until the 2030s ("Ares One")
Ares IV, not One. The episode said it was one of the early mars missions, not the first.

Last edited:
Renee Picard is a terrible representation of an astronaut.
I've had the privilege of meeting several, and there is no such thing as a 'reluctant astronaut.' That's a myth. They're a deeply competitive bunch, and they wouldn't risk being grounded for depression. If Renee had those kinds of self-doubts, she wouldn't be in the running. I appreciate that the show was attempting to speak to the seriousness of depression, but they chose the wrong character with which to do it.

She was a human being going up against a GOD.

Q homed in on her weakness.

Borg Queen/Agnes, in the opening episode of S2, could've simply taken that damn cloak off of her head, and explained everything without firing anyone needing to fire a shot or for her to hack the entire damn fleet.

Agnes had not yet become the Borg Queen.

Starfleet did not trust her (Seven kept yelling at Picard to KILL her!)

A manned flight to Europa is taking place only 2 years from now...??

No one ever said Trek was a documentary.

Last edited:
They never said North America was attacked in TOS.

Ares IV, not One. The episode said it was one of the early mars missions, not the first.

But they did say that the Eugenics Wars and World War 3 have now happened in the 21st century in "Strange New Worlds" (S1.1).

And thanks for the correction on Ares; it's only been about 24 years since I've seen it. ;)

Or that "Strange New Worlds" clearly shows the Eugenics Wars & World War 3 happening later on in this century, not the 20th...
It's SNW. It's also the same show that says we're going to have Civil War II. I don't like the idea of CWII happening in Star Trek (or happening at all, for that matter) because the only battlefield the Culture Wars will take place in are online. Armchair Generals everywhere. Star Trek doesn't need to give the Flame Warriors legitimacy by saying they'd actually fight in large numbers in a real war.

It's SNW. It's also the same show that says we're going to have Civil War II. I don't like the idea of CWII happening in Star Trek (or happening at all, for that matter) because the only battlefield the Culture Wars will take place in are online. Armchair Generals everywhere. Star Trek doesn't need to give the Flame Warriors legitimacy by saying they'd actually fight in large numbers in a real war.

I would certainly hope not, but events like January 6th could've easily gone another way if the mob were better organized or better armed.
We're only one administration away from a reactionary leader who'll spark/incite another Civil War.

I don't like the idea either (at all), but I can't deny the possibility of it ever occurring again.
Yes, some of these would-be minutemen are laughable, but they could also make effective terrorists.
CW2 (if it happens) may not have armies of opposing troops assembled on battlefields like at Gettysburg, but it could be rife with random terrorist incidents, or mobs overrunning government institutions.

Star Trek: Picard -- Season 3

The last outing of the Next Generation crew (at least, until the next one :rolleyes: ).

Picard is the type of show where they could easily un-cancel it. Every season is like its own mini-series. That makes it completely unlike the other Star Trek series.

If Sir Pat doesn't want to do a full season Admiral Picard would work well in a recurring role, like the poster above said a mentor

And if there’s going to be anymore PIC, just do movies. Since the length of 10 PIC episodes are 2-3 Trek movies.
I could get behind that. I'd prefer Streaming Movies to Cinematic Movies anyway. I've pretty much written off the last 15 years of mainstream cinema films as a lost cause. TV's where it's at now until the cinematic landscape changes.

I could get behind that. I'd prefer Streaming Movies to Cinematic Movies anyway. I've pretty much written off the last 15 years of mainstream cinema films as a lost cause. TV's where it's at now until the cinematic landscape changes.
I'm surprised that Paramount are still trying to push JJ's team to deliver Kelvin IV rather than have Kurtzman and co to make some movies

The door is open to a proper PIC movie trilogy in the vein of TWOK-TSFS-TVH. The Ent-E trilogy of FC-INS-NEM isn’t revered at all.

I'm surprised that Paramount are still trying to push JJ's team to deliver Kelvin IV rather than have Kurtzman and co to make some movies

I thought they gave up.

Should they pass it off to Rian Johnson? Considering some think TLJ is the best of the sequel trilogy that JJ was in charge of?

Back