Spoilers Star Trek: Picard General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Tuskin38, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Vice Admiral Admiral

I go with: If they're in the Front Credits, they're Main Characters. So I'll go by what the intros say.

Richard S. Ta and Danlav05 like this.
  2. Kzinti

Kzinti Commander Red Shirt

OOF that does not bode well... also the optics of showing RMB ''privileged info'' when he's ''courting'' fandom menace shitheads is pretty bad

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  3. timtonruben359

timtonruben359 Captain Captain

I wouldn't read too much into Marina only being there for 2 months (she said in the same interview that the TNG cast are in the show "a lot"). Terry Matalas basically said in the podcast on Inglorious Trek that there was some scheduling issues to arrange with Marina because she lives in the UK. It's very likely that the just shot Marina's scenes when she was available. The vast majority of the season was already written when it went into production. It's like in Season 2 all the Stargazer scenes were filmed last despite appearing in episode 1.

Richard S. Ta and Danlav05 like this.
  4. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

plus
    John de Lancie
    let slip they may have shot stuff intended for Season 3 while working on season 2 (which makes sense if you're *there* and you don't have to come back if not needed)

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Santiago Cabreara will be appearing this weekend at Londons comic con. He posted a video on his twitter page saying he looks forward to meeting Picard fans at the convention.

timtonruben359 likes this.
  6. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

7. Kzinti

Kzinti Commander Red Shirt

:rolleyes: that shit sounds familiar...

it's the same type of bs that midnight edge was peddling about disco so maybe you should stop listening to that kind of stuff

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    MrPicard and ThreeEdgedSword like this.
  8. timtonruben359

My guess is we're going to a teaser trailer, but not a full 2:00+ min one yet. Also perhaps the release date. Interesting that only Patrick Stewart and Gates McFadden are the only cast on the Picard panel. I guess this means Beverly Crusher does play a big role in this season.

Update: Terry Matalas has all but confirmed on Twitter that we're going to get a trailer.

I think the main focus in terms of trailers and such though will likely be Lower Decks, and probably a short teaser trailer for S2 of SNW.

BTW does anyone know if there is going to be another big Star Trek Day thing this year like they've done the last two years. I'm just wondering because I can't see them bringing back the TNG cast for S3 and not trying to do a big panel with the as many of the cast as possible.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    Commander Troi likes this.
  9. Danlav05

Sept 28 is TNG's 35th (eek) anniversary plus Dec 13 is the 20th anniversary of the TNG cast's last adventure all together so we could get something then!

10. Timofnine

Timofnine Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero Moderator

Is this true? Amazing! :adore:

11. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I’m not sure RMB and I have the same tastes so while I’ll go in with an open mind, I’m a little less sure at this point.

12. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

While I don't doubt there will be a teaser/trailer, I don't think we'll be getting a premiere date. I suspect they're going to sit on that until Star Trek Day in September or New York Comic Con in October.

Indeed, back in 2019 we got the trailer for season 1 of Picard at San Diego in July and the premiere date was announced at New York in October.

13. cal888

cal888 Commander Red Shirt

FWIW, I favor constructive engagement with multiple online channels, including Midnight's Edge. If you run the IMDB cross tabs on one of their frequent guests, he's worked with several people credited on NuTrek, including people with showrunner or would be showrunner rank. ME also has interviewed Nicholas Meyer, and practically called STD leaving Netflix almost a year before it happened. Are they a source of 100% truth? No. But they do get the analysis right on occasion. But they've done a poor job analysing the internal dynamics of Picard season 2, especially when just seeing the shifts in the opening credits provides a modicum of open source intelligence.

As to more Matalas and season 3... His interview on the moderately NuTrek critical Inglorious Treksperts podcast is another sign TPTB are trying to engage with NuTrek sceptical fans.

14. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, any Midnight’s Edge references won’t go well here. Any broken clock is right twice a day.

Turtletrekker and MrPicard like this.
  15. Reanok

Marina Sirtis was also at Comic con and said fans will like what happens in season 3 with the TNG cast story arcs. She likes Troi's story arc in season 3 and is in several episodes.

16. timtonruben359

She also confirmed that some of the TNG cast are in all ten episodes.

Commander Troi, Reanok and Danlav05 like this.
  17. Danlav05

Admiral Picard?

18. timtonruben359

LOL among others I guess ;)

Danlav05 likes this.
  19. Quinton

Quinton Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, how in blazes did he come by this, anyway?

Turtletrekker likes this.
  20. Reanok

Jeri Ryan was there too. I just saw pictures London comic con on twitter. She was giving get well wishes to Jonathan Del Arco who had to cancel the last minute being at London Comic con he's got covid right now and is in quarantine.I hope that he gets well soon.