Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 3x09 - "Võx"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Picard' started by Commander Richard, Apr 12, 2023.

?

Engage!

1. 10 - Excellent!

52.1%
  2. 9

21.5%
  3. 8

7.4%
  4. 7

5.9%
  5. 6

4.5%
  6. 5

2.3%
  7. 4

3.1%
  8. 3

1.7%
  9. 2

0.6%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

0.8%
  1. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

That's called lying.

2. IRW Bloodwing

IRW Bloodwing Commander Red Shirt

VPN?

3. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND IT'S MAJEL'S VOICE!!!!

:wah::wah::wah::wah:

4. Captain Jollydark

Captain Jollydark Captain Captain

First thing I thought. WTF was S2 even about then? And all the smart asses fixing to be smart-assy with some glib reply can just shut up, because I don't care if you didn't like it. It still happened. It was a story they told just last year.

Oy, this goddamned show. Why?

burningoil, Midquest, SiorX and 3 others like this.
  5. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Not when I'm paying for Amazon and Paramount Plus

6. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Seven and Raffi stayed aboard the Titan to save Shaw, I assume? Because where else did they go. lol

7. firehawk12

It just stood out, but I *guess* I can buy that the Borg "Cooperative" are a completely different type of Borg and maybe even go by a different name now. Maybe. lol

Uhura's Song likes this.
  8. bookworm8571

bookworm8571 Commander Red Shirt

I was right but so was everyone else about Jack being a human-Borg hybrid. I was also right about what would happen to Shaw. It was a little too predictable. They also spent far too much time talking about the schematics of the stupid ship when their children and Starfleet itself were being assimilated. Get on with it already and wrest back control and figure out how to neutralize Jack’s Borg DNA.

Captain Jollydark and gweeps like this.
  9. Airmandan

Airmandan Captain Captain

Hi Shelby!

Bye Shelby!

10. Visitor1982

Visitor1982 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

U.S.S. Pulaski! Well, at least it's something!

11. NCC-73515

12. SeamusShameless

SeamusShameless Captain Captain

A 10, for so many reasons. One odd thing stands out, though. Did anyone else think it's odd that they didn't show Alice Krige's face? It was clearly her voice, so what's the big reveal they're holding back for next week?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    JRob94, USS Artorius, Skipper and 6 others like this.
  13. NCC-73515

I give this episode a 10000.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can I give this episode a 20? That scene at the end will go down as one of the most memorable scenes in all of Star Trek. I was afraid when they brought back the TNG cast bad things were going to happen but this is how you do a tribute. I actually got some chills at the end. Terry Matalas has outdone himself.

I do have one negative though. The idea that this episode is retconning Jurati and almost making it so she doesn’t exist isn’t sitting right with me. No one has seen the borg in the last decade? That is not true. If you say something like that, provide context because Jurati was an actual human being who became a Borg queen as part of a new cooperative and it was basically the summation of the entire season.

Please bring Jurati back next week and allow this show to mean something as Star Trek Picard. It’s the end of the series. The least you can do is make it feel a little well rounded.

I’m giving this episode a 10 because of the ending but once again the ghost of the original cast is hanging over this season like a cloud and what is being done for those characters is bothering me.

15. IRW Bloodwing

IRW Bloodwing Commander Red Shirt

Did they off him?

16. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Well it’s the Borg. It’s like we can never escape them. I can help but feel let down at the moment.

Avro Arrow, gweeps and Yistaan like this.
  17. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

Honestly, when I saw that cube I practically yawned.

kkt, May 20, burningoil and 3 others like this.
  18. firehawk12

Honestly I'm both relieved and disappointed that it's the Borg, mostly because I thought having the Pah Wraiths would have been crazy. I wish it was something different, especially since S2 was supposed to be addressing some of that, but it is what it is.

I wish the TNG nostalgia did something for me, but couching it in Search for Spock vibes just made me remember how much I like the 'Stealing the Enterprise' scene and its setup and having the TNG crew re-enact it kind of did nothing for me. But I know people will love it. I think I'm just dead inside. lol

I'm still in the 'this is fine' group I guess. It's still better than the first two seasons, but I'd still rate all the other new shows higher than these 9 episodes. Here's hoping the finale delivers on all the hype.

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

Unfortunately....yes. I almost cried.

gweeps likes this.
  20. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Maybe it will change with a rewatch. There are some very interesting themes in my mind that this does bring up that I like. I just didn’t think they would do the Borg again. I do hope season 2 will mean something if they can defeat this version of the Borg once and for all.