Spoilers Star Trek: Picard 1x10 - "Et in Arcadia Ego, Part 2"

Rate the episode...

• Total voters
7/10 - Much better than last week. Some good moments. They avoided some of the dummery we feared.

- I thought bringing Data back just to kill him again was emotional but manipulative.
Agreed. Like some have suggested, I'd rather have Picard let Data to take the android body and live the life he always wanted. It is what it is though and the series is called 'Picard' not 'Data' :shrug:

- I am glad Seven kicked Rizzos ass and tossed her over the railing. Though Seven should know that Palpatine est that being flung to your death over a railing is not an absolute guarantee of lasting death.
Where is Seven's phaser rifle? She should've given Narissa the same treatment she gave to Bjazl...

- Lesbianic love between Seven and Raffi is apparently a possibility. That's fine. Her love affair with Chakotay was random, stupid and inexplicable. This is better.

I think a certain EMH Doctor might disagree.
With Robert Picardo expected to appear in 'Picard' Season 2,
a reunion between the two 'Voyager' characters can be expected next season.

Agreed. Like some have suggested, I'd rather have Picard let Data to take the android body and live the life he always wanted. It is what it is though and the series is called 'Picard' not 'Data' :shrug:

Where is Seven's phaser rifle? She should've given Narissa the same treatment she gave to Bjazl...

I think a certain EMH Doctor might disagree.
With Robert Picardo expected to appear in 'Picard' Season 2,
a reunion between the two 'Voyager' characters can be expected next season.
I have a strong feeling that Annika's affections for The Doctor, are no where near how she ends up feeling about Raffi.

Honestly, if someone subverted my noble death and resurrected me in an android body and I discovered I had NO powers AND a mortality chip I'd be seriously bent out of shape. I found all the cheap philosophizing RE: "mortality makes life worth living " a little preposterous.

That's not what They did.

They gave both Data and Jean-Luc a much better parting of ways.
Data was already dead, Picard just took what had been left in B4 and extinguished it.

Yes. Data WAS already dead. He should have stayed that way. To bring him back for this was emotional. Recreating Data's mind/katra/soul/personality in this way, which was their choice as writers, was manipulative. They didnt have to do that.

I gotta say... I think they stuck the landing. Like others have suggested, I really didn’t want Picard in an Android body but I think it ultimately works here. Perhaps it’s because of the real end of Data and two old friends’ last conversation that made it work for me.

But I’ll also say, I would be perfectly happy if they ended it here. I don’t know that I need a season 2. But if it really does happen, I hope it’s as ultimately satisfying as season 1.

9/10.

Yes. Data WAS already dead. He should have stayed that way. To bring him back for this was emotional. Recreating Data's mind/katra/soul/personality in this way, which was their choice as writers, was manipulative. They didnt have to do that.
Heh ... isn't any good story manipulative in nature?

That's usually what makes them enjoyable.
At least for most folks.
:shrug:

It's almost like you enjoyed the episode but are unwilling to completely accept it because it's not what you wanted.
That's a very strange way to watch a TV show.
:sigh:

Back