Spoilers Star Trek: Lower Decks 1x08 - "Veritas"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Lower Decks' started by DJ NoMad, Sep 19, 2020.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

31 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. 9

26 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 8

34 vote(s)
    28.3%
  4. 7

15 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 6

8 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. 5

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. 4

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 - Clearly the quality isn't all there.

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lower Decks 2x02: "The Mystery of Chakotay and Mayweather's Missing Personalities"

Nx-007 and 137th Gebirg like this.
  2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Roga Danar was pretty Bad Ass. Can't believe they just referenced an episode no one talks about. That's impressive.

3. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Loved this one. And Dr T’Ana is by far my favorite.

EDIT: poll wasn’t working so I opened it.

KimMH, Daddy Todd and Aeolusdallas like this.
  4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was a decent episode, but I'm not sure the joke at the end landed. It was a really confusing resolution. Yeah they are lower decks and they don't know what is happening, but the whole Eel thing (Thus endangering their lives) made it so the revelation just didn't work for me.

I did love the reference to The Hunted, Q appearing, and a little reverse take on Remember Me though.

5. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

I had to look up Roga Danar. The episode with Cochrane in it. Haven’t seen that one in years.
    Pretty funny episode. Tendi’s recounting of what happened was hilarious, with of the censoring. Especially censoring words for no reason.

Disappointed with Mariner though. It’s a starship, not a space ship. For shame. :)

as a ship guy I liked seeing all those ships. The Vulcan sled from TMP, the Vulcan ship from First Contact, a Tholian ship from ENT (its blue), a Dominion bug ship, a Klingon or Romulan D7 and of course the Romulan BoP. I’ll be interested how they got some of those ships.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  6. Xerxus

Xerxus Commander Red Shirt

Q says that Picard is no fun, always quoting Shakespeare and is always making wine. This seems to be a continuity error because Picard should still be on Ent-E at this time. Press kit says in 2381 he gets promoted to Admiral to deal with the supernova.
    Maybe Picard has a winery on the Ent-E, or it could be that Q is just speaking in a meta context since he shouldn't be bounded by linear time.

Phaser Two and Lorcan Kelly like this.
  7. starfleettanner

starfleettanner Commander Red Shirt

Had to give this one a 7 from my usual 8. It was heavy on the references, but the story itself and its resolution felt kind of weak to me. I did still enjoy the episode, although there are SOME inaccuracies I had a bone to pick with.

8. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Even Q knows he’s out of character in PIC. :)
    Picard should still be on the Enterprise here, unless Lower Decks is its own continuity. I’d like to think it’s set in the novel verse, so we can see the Borg war of 2381.

9. KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't see the reason why they had to "Steal" the Romulan Bird of Prey from the Vulcans, they couldn't have just borrowed it?

And I love the whole Cloaking FreakOut where there were ever more D'Deridex War Birds surrounding their cloaked vessel.

If you're going on a "Secret Mission" to infiltrate the Romulans, you probably shouldn't bring StarFleet gear in case you fail. You should probably bring in civilian made weapons that can be acquired easily by StarFleet for plausible deniability.

10. Muji

Muji Commander Red Shirt

That was absolutely great. I think that was my favourite. Actually, I really loved that. Now, I’m going to go back through the thread and read how it was terrible and breaks Star Trek in half.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So.... since when is getting "fired" from Starfleet a thing?

12. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Quite possibly the latter. After all, Q was the one responsible for Picard becoming unstuck in time in "All Good Things," so he's clearly able to visit him at any point in his lifetime and would be aware that he ends up living on the vineyard.

Come to think of it, Q could just as easily have said, "Picard's always quoting Shakespeare, making wine or getting into bar fights with Nausicaans."

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  13. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Where's the Commander Richard poster??:wah:

Fun episode with a totally goofy bollocks ending. Haven't seen it though just guessing based on twitter comments or something. Show it in England.

The line about there being nothing to do on Earth was brilliant.

lawman and KimMH like this.
  14. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

Same

Phaser Two and jackoverfull like this.
  15. NCC-73515

NCC-73515 Vice Admiral Admiral

This is the first episode in at least 3 years that I totally missed cause I forgot about it :crazy:
    Odd meta reference that Khan was a Space Seed XD
    Rutherford's implant updates with a yellow alert sound :shrug:
    If they hadn't spoiled Q, it would've been a great moment.

The alert-censored parts seemed like they weren't even there XD
    Picard called the E a space ship in FC ;)

16. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Best episode of the season!

KennyB likes this.
  17. Sarcastic Vulcan Salute

Sarcastic Vulcan Salute Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

A. Picard doesn't have to personally be at Chateau Picard to be making wine. His family has been making wine for umpteen years. At this point, his brother and nephew died in a fire; presumably so did the wife. It is a fair assumption that Picard inherited the family vineyard as a result and he's been "making wine" since shortly after Generations.

B. Even if this had taken place earlier, Q is a jokester. Just as Picard is not literally always quoting Shakespeare, the comment could be taken as an exaggeration from Q. He probably quoted it just a couple times in Q episodes and he fakes being in love with Lwaxana by quoting one of Shakespeare's sonnets in "Menage a Troi."

Since people have been court-martialed, probably. Fletcher specifically said he "got frickin' fired" a few eps back.

jackoverfull and Muji like this.
  18. Sarcastic Vulcan Salute

Sarcastic Vulcan Salute Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My first 10. Everyone had funny lines and it made me laugh out loud quite a few times.

KennyB likes this.
  19. Charles Phipps

Charles Phipps Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Court martials are a thing.

KennyB likes this.
  20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Court martial =/ "getting fired." It's never been referred as such a thing and several times, even over minor errors, they talked about getting fired as if they're lackeys in some part-time job.