Spoilers Star Trek: Discovery 3x13 - "That Hope Is You, Part 2"

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Commander Richard, Jan 6, 2021.

?

Rate the episode...

1. 10 - Excellent!

23.8%
  2. 9

17.4%
  3. 8

18.9%
  4. 7

11.7%
  5. 6

6.8%
  6. 5

4.9%
  7. 4

1.9%
  8. 3

3.4%
  9. 2

2.3%
  10. 1 - Terrible!

9.1%
  1. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    Just because They used the entire Classic TOS main theme over the end credits.... 9.
    (the rest of the episode was pretty damn good too) :techman:

My one disappointment..., Osyrra didn't die a horribly painful death. :klingon:

Also, DISCOVERY's secondary hull is HUGE on the inside ... at this point, I can live with that.
    :shrug:

Bornin1980something and Joetau01 like this.
  2. starfleettanner

starfleettanner Commander Red Shirt

That was...anti-climatic. I dunno, just felt so rushed and the plot wasn't as good as last week. Also really had to roll my eyes at those over emotional moments...its just too saccharine.

3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Sorry, haven't seen it yet.

Do we learn the names of any Starfleet ships?
    Do we see any new Starfleet ships?

4. trek.

trek. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

So I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of DSC but I did like this one. Especially the last 10 minutes. I hope the focus on season 4 is the crew finally bringing hope to former federation worlds.
    • I’m glad they remembered to go back and commission the earth space station guy
    • Captan Michael is better than captain Tilly
    • The turbo lifts are ridiculous
    • Name dropping voyager at least twice in the ep was great (my fav series)
    • I’m in IT and wish if I did a major rollback of an OS everything including any 800 year advanced upgrades would just work automatically on the old system like that lol

5. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Lowering my head in remembrance for all the DOTs lost in action. I love you all...

Go Kaminar! Look at all those electric lights!

Osyraa's mileage wasn't helped by her six-valved heart. You are the weakest link. Goodbye!

The Data Core reminded me of Mother on the Nostromo. Splat! guns don't work there.

Yeah...about those turbolift shafts being as roomy as Spacedock...um...anyone?

lawman, Jack Wolfe, antinoos and 2 others like this.
  6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So does Starfleet recruit all the empathic Kwejian to become spore drive operators? Does Booker's newfound ability create conflict with Stamets?

Also, how do you give us a redshirt and not kill the redshirt?

7. Kzinti

Kzinti Captain Captain

so it would appear that wasn't true lol

KennyB likes this.
  8. Roald

Roald Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Were the workings of turbolifts in the 'old' series really that much more believable? That you could enter a turbolift from any point in the ship and just say 'bridge' and it would take you to the bridge? We know DSC is a huge ship: is it that hard to imagine that there's an open space where the turbolifts take their correct position?

SurvivorJoe, Noah_23 and antinoos like this.
  9. ToddCam

ToddCam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I enjoyed it. The innerspace of the ship is so dumb but I don't really care. I was a bit disappointed Osyraa died. She was a pretty good villain when she was being pragmatic and not a cartoon character.

I really would love a reintegration of the Federation as the overarching storyline of Season 4.

I would like more time with Adira and Gray. They are underdeveloped as hell, and while I am glad they gave us Gray's story arc, I don't really feel I know him otherwise. And after resolving their being a joined human, Adira's only issues seem to be their use of pronouns, resolved instantly. Staying on that family, Culber's role is fantastic. What a shift from fridged love interest!

Stamets, however, is getting super tedious. Burnham and Vance were right. I find it so annoying that he's bitter about having to sacrifice. As opposed to most of the crew, he got to keep his family with him when coming to the future. He gained a bigger family there. Now he's mad at his commander that he almost lost them? I understand during the heat of it, but afterward? What an asshole. I guess that fits with his base character, though.

10. trek.

trek. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well in that tng ep where Picard gets stuck in the turboliftwith those kids, at least it looks like an elevator shaft and not like the mines of Mustafar (where’s anakin) lol

Deledrius likes this.
  11. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7am North East USA .... about to watch it now after spending all day yesterday watching people try to overthrow my country.

I really need to live inside 24th century Trek after 2020 in America.

12. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I'll watch again later. I really enjoyed a LOT of it, but the last 5 mins or so felt weak. I also HATED "Let's Fly"..........will watch again later with the wife and see if it like it any better. First impression is weakest of the 3 season finales.

Jack Wolfe and Deledrius like this.
  13. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

I don't know about you but to me, it felt like a finale finale... Everything his hunky-dory, Michael finally got her captaincy, Saru is back to Kaminar, everything is good...

I am wondering is there a fourth season in the offing?

DarKush likes this.
  14. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

32nd century...;)

15. mdtauk

mdtauk Captain Captain

Its filming right now. But apart from Adira + Grey - and Stamets + Michael - It finally feels like the baggage of the first two seasons is gone.

Discovery can now tell new stories, move forward, and the Federation can re-connect and start to improve the lives of all planets in the galaxy.

JoeP, SJGardner, KennyB and 2 others like this.
  16. Discofan

Discofan Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but they need a new foe... unless they plan to deserialize the series and make it more like TOS for example...with self-contained episodes.

17. Lakenheath 72

Lakenheath 72 Commodore Commodore

It was an enjoyable episode for me. It was nice to be proven wrong. I thought Booker might not survive this season. It's good to see him alive.

I did a Google search on the mining vessel Coloma's name. I got one entry at Wikipedia. Coloma is the name of a California town where in 1848 gold was discovered, leading to the Gold Rush.

Coloma, California - Wikipedia

18. mdtauk

mdtauk Captain Captain

I would not be adverse to more self-contained stories.
    But I think it would be better to try to tell a serialised story that is not centred around an adversary. That trope has been played out a lot through the JJ and Kurtzman era.

I would like no mystery box, and no adversary. But telling a story of the Federation tackling hundreds of years of perceived neglect, rebuilding personal and political relationships. And maybe even an undercurrent of those worlds who feel things were better after The Burn, and without a strong Federation.

19. arch101

arch101 Commodore Commodore

That Kilgore suit is the most famous suit ever in a film (and certainly the most durable :-) )

20. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Loved it, gave it a 10. Some great action this episode. Now I'm looking forward to exploring this time period next season, finding out what happened to all the other galactic powers.

JoeP likes this.