Space Battleship Yamato 2205

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 137th Gebirg, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Skipper

Skipper Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ehm, in this context, what is the difference between the Air Force and the Cosmo Navy..?

2. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

I assume the Air Force deals with threats in and around Earth itself, while the Cosmo Navy deals with everything else. The idea of a Earth Federation Air Force is new so this is different. This is the automated fleet, so it may need to be very close to home.

Skipper likes this.
  3. Skipper

I was about to say that it doesn't seem to make much sense to me, then I thought that even in the USA virtually every armed force has airplanes and helicopters...

4. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Correct, but their respective mission profiles are very different.

To my recollection, right now, the Air Force is in charge of maintaining the G2G nukes (in concert with the DOE) and the bomber squadrons that use A2G nukes. Yes, they also have fighters and whatnot, but that doesn't seem to be their primary mission anymore. Naval aviators seem to have taken the top shelf in that regard. Air Force also used to control space-based operations, but that mission has been uniquely reassigned to the new Space Force (with some residual Air Force involvement and coordination). Army and Marines do use aircraft, but largely in support of ground invasion, occupation & expedition ops. Coast Guard, of course, uses their aircraft exclusively for maritime rescue, mostly non-combative, provided they're not fighting off some cartel dinghies sailing across the Gulf of Mexico.

Skipper likes this.
  5. Ithekro

And more news

Rebel 3199 character designs early

Only three characters shown so far.
    Alfon (from Be Forever, Yamato).
    Kintano Seiya (Current combat operations chief of the Yamato, Kitano Tetsuya, older brother) Was in the PS2 version of Be Forever, Yamato.
    And Mori Yuki in an update to her ground uniform. (Did it always have the rank on the sleeve?)

EDIT: It seems that uniform Yuki is wearing always had the rank on the sleeve, just that last time we saw it was 2202, and she was a lieutenant, with three bands. Now as a Commander, she was a chevron and two bands.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
    Noname Given and 137th Gebirg like this.
  6. Ithekro

Yamato 2205 and the Yamato 2202 "Age of Yamato" film are getting a Blu-Ray box set in March of 2024.

Likely a leadup to Rebel 3199 coming out.

BillJ and 137th Gebirg like this.
  7. 137th Gebirg

YES! With English subs, I hope?

8. Ithekro

Not yet. It will have Japanese subtitles, which the previous version I don't think had.

9. 137th Gebirg

I did find a set on eBay with really good English subs earlier in the year. No "all your base" gibberish, thankfully. It definitely seemed to be translated by true bilingual professionals.

No idea if they're legit or not, but I think they're still out there. Really looking forward to finally seeing "Age of Yamato".

10. Ithekro

There are still a number of fansubbers that know their trade that like Yamato enough to do that sort of work. Until Bandai Visual or whomever decides to make actual English subs or dubs, it is the only available option short of learning Japanese.

137th Gebirg likes this.
  11. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

We have a release date for Yamato 3199. Chapter One is set to be released in theaters on 19-July-2024. Hopefully we'll get a trailer soon.

12. Ithekro

A teaser and more ships would be nice before President's Day weekend. That is when I have my next game.

publiusr likes this.
  13. Ithekro

And so, it begins...

137th Gebirg likes this.
  14. DarrenTR1970

Set in the year 2207. Seven Chapters, 26 episodes. Combining elements of Be Forever Yamato and Yamato III (The Bolar Wars).

137th Gebirg and Noname Given like this.
  15. Skipper

26 episodes??? They must be quite confident!

137th Gebirg likes this.
  16. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

They probably want to air it on Japanese television at some point. I'm happy they're going with 26 and not 13 or 24.;)

I just hope we get in English sub and/or dub fairly quickly, but we'll see.:shrug:

137th Gebirg likes this.
  17. 137th Gebirg

Me too. Very much looking forward to this, although I was under the impression that Dessler wiped out the Bolar Federation at the very beginning of 2205. I guess it was only the home world and there are still some pissed off Bolar fleet commanders out there that want to kick the Gamillas in the ass.

If this takes place in 2207, why are they calling it Rebel 3199 again?

18. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

Beats me - they may be doing it to denote this is the third ' TV season' of the series since SBY 2205 was considered 2 films?

19. Skipper

Well, if they are using elements from "Be Forever Yamato" probably there will be a time travel (for real this time).

137th Gebirg likes this.
  20. DarrenTR1970

I've read the translation on the Our Star Blazers/Cosmo DNA Facebook page and it gives a synopsis of what to expect and it doesn't say why it is 3199.
    I don't even understand what the director means by '50 years since the ship set sail,' and 'Fifty years of rebellion'.
    Which ship? Who is rebelling?