So what was the most powerful last scene in any ST?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by enterprisecvn65, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Phantom

Phantom Captain

The final scene with Picard and Riker in "Pre-emptive Strike". Picard just sits there through the whole report, staring into nothing and you wonder what he's thinking.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Only three more episodes and the weekly grind ends! :lol:

3. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Spock reciting the mission statement at the very very end of TWOK. It was the first time that we ever heard someone other than Kirk reciting it onscreen.

Also the last scene of Turnabout Intruder "if only...if only...", followed by Kirk, Spock and Scotty getting in the turbolift. Very profound, as far as anyone knew at the time this was the last time we would ever see them.

4. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Jake: "How'd you know that was coming?"
    Sisko: "I guess.. we were just lucky this time."
    Jake: "You okay, Dad?"
    Sisko: "I am now, Jake. I am now."

Everytime

JoeCabby and Tracy Trek like this.
  5. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The way MEASURE of a MAN ended was another "powerful" scene. To anyone else, the impression might've been that Riker went way too far in trying to prove his case. That Data seeks him out and that wonderful conversation they have and Riker's all smiles and everything ... STAR TREK at its best!

HMS Ark Royal likes this.
  6. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

In my mind, it ended with Spock's funeral. In my mind, I am always right. :rofl:

Seriously, I tend to forget anything after that beautiful "Amazing Grace" shot.

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Janeway's reaction after separating Tuvix. She was suffering for what she did.

8. TheSubCommander

TheSubCommander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know if this is THE MOST powerful, but certainly up there: The end of Sins of the Father, when Worf accepts dis-commendation for "good of the Empire," and the look on Kern's face when he has to turn his back Worf, shortly after Worf bitch slapped Duras and called him a son of a traitor.

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpSaXRpYz9k[/yt]

Stick that in your pipe & smoke it

10. BillJ

That was a very strong ending, as was the ending of "The Drumhead". Also, Sisko's final log entry from "In the Pale Moonlight".

11. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"I believed that I could see... 5 lights"

His performance on that finishing line gives chills

12. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The TNG episode SKIN of EVIL is a very mixed bag. It's villian is absolutely absurd and his very nature, as a practical effect, meant there had to be a lot of standing around during his scenes, which was really lame. There was no energy, no life to these sequences. Even Yar's death was sort of static, in a way. But Bev's attempts at reviving her in sickbay were well-executed, as was the meeting afterwards, when the bridge officers are all sitting around, talking over eachother, clearly upset over what just transpired. Yar's funeral was almost offputting with how, once again, we're back to having everyone standing around like spruce trees waiting for their turn at a close-up during holographic Yar's monologue.

During which, however, Tasha revealed that she was a much more dynamic character than Season One let us in on. At the end, the sense of loss was quite palpable, in that sense, because by the time she did die, she'd become just a beautiful piece of bridge scenery, standing around pressing buttons, for the most part. So, to find out how she felt about her co-workers and what that might've implied for future stories made her loss feel, somehow, more real. Yar could've been a very cool character with much to mine from, had things panned out differently and only at the end did we get to really see that, in full ...

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Let's get the hell out of here."

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP247NokHOw[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozq3_cWia3s[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNn_vJy0BM[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnViskuZrJk[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3rRSue6eDk[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQR1qLyG94w[/yt]

15. enterprisecvn65

enterprisecvn65 Captain Captain

No argument from me that in your mind you're always right

I try that logic with my wife and at work a lot. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work as often as it should. :)

16. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

The end of Sins of the Father: Worf faces the indignity of the members of the High Council crossing their arms, turning their backs to him, and then telling Kurn, "You must also ... brother."

Tears of the Prophets: Sisko cleans clams in the back alley of his father's restaurant.

17. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

You could add the signatures to that as well. To me, that was a wonderful ending.

Tracy Trek likes this.
  18. Sybok Was Wrong

Sybok Was Wrong Commander Red Shirt

"Serpents. Serpents for the garden of Eden. We're very tired Mr.Spock....beam us up home" Cue the creepy slow music and the Enterprise breaking orbit. Failed mission.

Not the most emotional pick, but always makes me pause as a viewer.

19. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

One ending I thought was eerie was early in TNG. The end of "Conspiracy" when we hear the faint alien signal that had been dispatched into deep unknown space. We're left wondering what the hell that could lead to.

20. BillJ

Nearly thirty years later, we're still wondering! :rofl: