Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jeepers, I had to Google that one.:lol:

2. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Jet,

I've been putting together my character 'wish-list' for the final season, and here's who I'd like to see back.

Vandal Savage (at least once)
    Zatanna (at least twice!)
    Perry White (for half of the season)
    Hawkman (once or twice
    Senator Ma Kent (as much as possible)
    John Jones (as much as possible)
    Kara (once, at least)

And, I'd really like to have an ep that features ALL of the JL: Clark, Ollie, AC, Impulse, Canary, Cyborg, Jones and of the Chlovage in Watchtower, overseeing the operation.

It goes without saying that having Lex back is high on my list, but I'm not overly optimistic that this will happen.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yeah, I agree with ya there Procutus.

I want another Legion ep and Stargirl working with the JL.

There are alot of characters that Clark has killed or end up in Belle Reve...then there are charatcers from several seasons back we don't ever see again due to writer amnesia. I think Maddie Van Horn falls into this...we got to see Ryan again she is a character after such a great episode I had hoped to see her story pay off. No Lucas or Lucy is pretty sloppy given recent events.

[edit] I also thought at one point we would see more Molly Griggs and Andrea Rojas( :drool: on both Missy Peregrym & Denise QuiƱones)

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2010
  4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Rojas I'd like to see back. She seems like she'd fit right in the JL and be a good addition.

Personally, I think any return characters should be those from the DCU that we've seen in the last few seasons. At this stage of the game, bringing back any of the Season 1-4 freaks of the week aren't likely to help advance the storyline any, IMO.

Rojas though, yeah. She was hot.

:techman:

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    To be honest they don't have a story going into S10...unexplained thing attacking Green Arrow and an Old Woman outside Tess's room...then going in...could be explained away or forgotten about by Ep 2 S10. The only thing really hanging out there is Lois realizing Clark is The Blur and Clark falling to his death(?) with a Blue K knife in his side. I personally think Darkseid is a horrible way to go for a final season because how do you set it up and finish with him as Superman without it becoming sloppy and like S8 with Doomsday??? They really should have thought this through if they know S10 was going to be it. At this point fans want to see things from previous seasons pay off and introducing something new at this point is awful. IMHO.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjkXmQUKx1s[/yt]

Great video with Jon Schneider at Phoenix Comic Con talking about Smallville.

:bolian:

7. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow...he comes across as such a genuine, likable guy. It seems like he really loved his time on the show.

8. Buck Rogers

Buck Rogers Captain Captain

Well I was talking to someone at Balticon44 about Smallville,and they suggested how Kal-El could be saved in episode one season ten.
    1.John Johnz(Martian Manhunter)by removing the blue kryptonite knife once he saves Kal-El
    2. Carter Hall (Hawkman) swoops down and saves Kal-El by removing the blue kryptonite knife once they reach the floor.
    3. Speedy or Cyborg using GA's weapons to suspend Kal-El's drop from the roof.
    What do you think of that?

Later

Buck Rogers

9. Broccoli

^ That's what some people were speculating in the "Salvation" thread.

Personally, I think that'll be too easy (yes, I realize this is Smallville). I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that Clark's rescue will be something a little more outside the box.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Losing him was one of the worst things to happen to this show, IMHO. Television lacks good father figures, so losing one of the best was a real shame.

I don't like the way the show has dumped all of its grown-ups, either - Jonathan, Martha and Lionel.

11. Broccoli

I missed his character too, but his exit seemed natural.

Lionel, too, seemed like a natural departure, especially since Lex was leaving during the same season. I feel his character would have been useless once Lex was gone.

Martha's exit seemed forced, but wasn't that more her decision to leave rather than the writers'?

As for the grow-ups being gone, that is true, but then again, the characters on the show are now in the early-to-mid twenties. They kinda are grown up.

12. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^They don't seem like it to me, really, especially not Clark and Oliver.

13. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was an awesome video...except for the douche filming making his douche comments (lol) and I do like his ending. I think they should go with that except have Martha be the one who puts Clark's cape on him...it'd be a nice touching moment between mom and son. Really if you think about it Clark has really gone off the rails since his dad died and with Martha out of town he's had no real guidance. With the way Jor-El has been written and portrayed in the series it's no wonder why Clark has all of this self doubt. He's internalized everything and not trusted his friends to really help him or help them in return. I'm hoping that in season ten we start to have a lighter tone a kind of return to the first three seasons while finally maturing these characters.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    I agree. The sad thing is Jor El has been poorly done more so in the last few seasons...I actually was excited and hoped for more when Julian Sands was cast to play Jor El(Clone)...but they ended that so quick really didn't get a chance for it to play out. In season 7 we got more Lara(Helen Slater) and it was satisfying...even though she was a clone too. :lol: I miss JK & hope we see Martha in S10...at least 3-4 eps.

15. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That's probably what will happen. I'm really hoping that Clark will pull out the knife, regain his powers and just before he splats he hovers.

16. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

He'll just pull the knife out, throw it away and then smash in to somebody's car on the ground - which he'll walk away from.

Of the four cliffhangers (Clark, Granny Goodness, "They're not Kandorians" and "Clark ?") this was surely the least interesting and certainly the easiest to resolve.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think someone in the Salvation thread had the suggestion that Clark purposely grabbed the knife and stabbed himself and fell on purpose. For what reason? The episode was called Salvation...and referred to numerous times as "Clark's redemption hour" by the showrunners so perhaps this will tie into the premier resolution somehow...and I agree that out of the four cliffhangers Clark's was the least interesting. The best was the old woman, the second best was Ollie being kidnapped and telling Chloe they weren't Kryptonian, and then you've got Clark.

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hWcXFICt7I[/yt]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hWcXFICt7I

Another John Scheider video from Phoenix Con.

It has nothing to do with S10...but it is pretty good. Example of what I miss about the show.

19. Broccoli

That was me. It is pretty clear that Clark purposely "stabbed himself" so the blade could be in him and Zod would regain his powers and subsequently be absorbed into the yellow light.

I don't know if falling was part of the plan, but he needed to get away from Zod, so...

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Yes this is the smartest thing Clark has done...stab himself. :lol: