Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

His half a bottle of Scotch & dislocated jaw Zod indeed sucked. Sam Witwer would have been way better as Zod. IMHO.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

After this season as a special treat if there's enough interest I might do my alternate version of Smallville, which won't be ten seasons but seven.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Rather than botch Dag's theory by retelling it, I'd rather have his original version here. I think it's possible; if it really DOES happen, then Kelly and Brian are really keeping this under wraps.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2010
  5. Admiral_Young

I disagree with the prediction that Jonathon wills himself back to life in the episode...I don't think that will happen. I think The Dagman is bang on regarding what purpose Jonathon will be there for, to forgive and absolve Clark for the massive guilt and decisions he's made over the years since his death. As I've stated before I think this will start wrapping up Clark's self doubt character arc and we'll start seeing more of the "Superman" that we know from the comics and earlier in the series. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we started to see Clark fly after this. I also think that Jonathon is there to warn Clark about the coming darkness and that he will face his greatest challenge. Then we will see Phantom Stranger appear...no just kidding...but yeah Jonathon warns Clark about the New God threat. I wouldn't be shocked either if Jonathon appeared in a dream to Martha but I doubt that would happen.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking it'll just be some sort of Head Six kind of deal.

7. Admiral_Young

I saw this this morning and not sure if it's been posted already....but I'm not liking what I'm reading about their intention regarding Brainiac 5. "It will sort of be an old villain and a new villain all in one?" Okay Kelly needs to stop talking. Brainy is NOT a villain...unless they're going to have the original Brainiac attempt to possess Brainy? I could see that working. I think there was an episode of "Legion of Superheroes" that did that.

http://blastr.com/2010/07/smallvilles-final-scene-t.php

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

9. Admiral_Young

They've been getting an unusual amount of exposure over the last week due to it being their final season. Never seen so many interviews and statements from Brian and Kelly lol.

10. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    You would think it was half of bottle of Scotch & a dislocated jaw Callum Blue giving these interviews. :guffaw:

11. Admiral_Young

Haha. On a totally unrelated topic...I was shocked to discover that Miranda Cogrove of ICarly fame played Little Lana in the pilot episode of "Smallville". Even Alfred Gough seemed surprised when Craig of Kryptonsite posted on his wall this morning lol but here's her filmography and her first ever role is Little Lana Lang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miranda_Cosgrove#Filmography

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  12. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm kinda worried what kind of contradictory statements will tumble out of Kelly's mouth when she starts talking about their plans for Chloe.

:rolleyes:

I think Souders has taken lessons from J.J. Abrams.

:p

13. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The actress who played young Lana was Jade Unterman. Miranda Cosgrove provided the voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is1n4iIYqSo

BTW in another forum we were looking back at smallville. I found this funny

:guffaw:

14. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Why is Clark so far back into the background?

15. Admiral_Young

Hahahahahahaaha that's awesome and very true. You'd have to watch the show on a semi-constant basis @Obi-Wan to get the joke.

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's not.

They're standing right next to eachother.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

18. Guy Gardener

Whitney is almost unrecognisable on Rookie Blue. he used to be a boy, and now he's a man and almost an old man, but boy he got big.

19. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I always thought he looked old...like a 30 year old playing a highschool kid. :lol:

20. Guy Gardener

Born in 1979 he was, and not that bad a Flash Gordon at that after an inauspicious first quarter.