Seven of Nine is back in ST: Picard

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by F. King Daniel, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think that the actor is on the casting.

Actors/actresses supporting Roaman Polanski keep working for him even if they perfectly know that he raped in organised band a teenager at the end of 70's and that afterwards, he ran away the country instead of facing his responsabilities. In fact, they are even proud to film under his direction. Same for those who worked in Weinstein's productions knowing perfectly what he used to do to young actresses. When the scandal explosed, they hid behind the fact that they didn't know but they did, especially in a so closed universe That is what I called the Hollywood's hypocrisy. :whistle:

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  2. Danja

Danja Commodore Commodore

My guess is that they're Mother and son. (In "Unimatrix Zero", Seven had a lover while she was still in the Collective. It's entirely possible that she had sex with one of them and gave birth to a child. The child was then taken from her and placed in a maturation tank.)

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The world is slowly changing. And especially since Spacey's 14-year-old victim is now playing Paul Stamets in Star Trek: Discovery I can't see Manu coming back into the fold.

Danja likes this.
  4. Athena28

Athena28 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. That's quite a theory. ;)

Danja likes this.
  5. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or maybe Axum impregnated her in unimatrix zero through sheer power of will:razz:

Danja likes this.
  6. Danja

This IS a new continuity. ;) They may not adhere strictly to Voyager's continuity.

She may have had one or more lovers off-camera that we don't know about. At the time, she was a sexually curious young woman whose career just so happened to involve killing, enslaving, and/or assimilating people. :D :borg:

7. Danja

Seven was a high-ranking drone (she had the ear of the Borg Queen at one point).

After she had sex and gave birth to this child, the Collective may have just decided to take her child away and sweep the whole thing under the rug in order to avoid causing a fuss in the Hive.

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Borg don't have ranks? The whole point is they're a collective consciousness and the queen is the embodiment of either that or the AI that controls it.

FreddyE likes this.
  9. Danja

I've been thinking about that recently.

The events of Imperfection probably rattled her. It forced her to face her own mortality.

Tough as Seven is, even SHE is not indestructible. Every time she goes out on a mission, she rolls the dice -- she may or may not come back (That and she may be trying to semi-retire from fighting and killing).

She was closer to the Queen than the other drones (Dark Frontier)-- the Queen took Seven into her confidence.

Seven is strong willed. She and her lover (Axum?) could've wriggled out from underneath the Borg's hold over them just long enough to indulge their sexual appetites and conceive a child.

10. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think that Seven was a high-ranking drone but her position as the potential Queen's runner-up gave her a good position in the hierarchy.

Danja likes this.
  11. spinagogue

spinagogue Lieutenant Red Shirt

Agreed- I watched the whole first season of DSC and tried to stay positive and a little of the second season. It's just not Star Trek.

I've been enjoying Voyager a lot lately. And, beauty aside, Jeri Ryan absolutely killed it as Seven. That was like her first big acting role too, making it even more impressive.

I'll check out "Picard" because she's back as Seven, though I highly doubt that the series will appeal to me (i.e., be any good).

Danja likes this.
  12. Danja

Seven's line "I fight for those who have no one else to fight for them" makes much more sense in the context of her being a revolutionary.

Janeway and The Doctor's combined mission to make her "human" REALLY had to have driven her crazy. In the interest of making her human, they were asking her to give up a fundamental part of who she is as a person -- part of the core of her identity.

http://fansided.com/2019/10/16/star-trek-picard-nycc/

13. Danja

This is to say nothing of her seeing her Borg ship mates being tossed out of one of Voyager's airlocks without anyone batting an eyelash.

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Because I’m watching Child’s Play right now.

What of Icheb? Is he a Starfleet lieutenant right now? Is he still close with Seven?

Also worth noting he STILL has a Borg pathogen in him.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  15. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Way more Star Trek than AbramsTrek. The most Trek thing in years.

Turtletrekker and Danja like this.
  16. The Overlord

The Overlord Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No offense, but I am not sure how many people are clamoring to see Harry Kim (dull character), Chakotay (dull stereotype character) or Neelix (who has beat out Wesley as the most annoying character in the franchise) again.

As for 7, it's easy to give her stuff to do. I assume in this show the Romulans are trying to weaponize Borg tech, that gives her a personal reason to go after them.

17. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Tad disappointed she's not using Annika Hansen as her name.

18. Danja

She hasn't been Annika Hansen since she was a child.

I can't imagine her being in any great hurry to go back to it if it isn't necessary. Besides, telling her to go back to using Annika is something akin to telling her to pretend that the fifteen(?) years she spent with the Borg never happened.

Every morning, when she emerges from her regeneration chamber, she's reminded of the fact that she's Borg. There's no getting around it.

19. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Seven is not comfortable with being called Annika Hansen. Her aunt Irene is the only one who is allowed to call her Annika.

Danja likes this.
  20. Prax

Prax Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seven uses "Annika" as an alias on certain missions.

Danja likes this.