Set blueprint exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Redgeneral, May 10, 2014.

1. Maurice Navidad

Maurice Navidad Maurice, the ATARI CX5200 Premium Member

2. Lt. Washburn

Lt. Washburn Commander Red Shirt

3. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

4. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

5. batboy853

batboy853 Commander Red Shirt

Rekkert, posted over in his thread, that he (along side of the former stage-9 crew) spent some time looking into the various set chairs used in Star Trek over the years, and the results were compiled over at ex-astris-scientia.

https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/database/chairs-trek.htm
    https://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/temp/unidentified-chairs-trek.htm

One of the chairs mentioned was the ones seen on the late Ent-A Bridge
    [​IMG]

The article mentions a patent found for the chair, which was then heavily modified:
    https://patents.google.com/patent/US4738487

Also mentioned was this commonly used chair:
    [​IMG]

The manufacture's website has specifications listed:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you look on amazon you can find some nice front and side views of the chair as well.
    Edit: Also just found that the manufacturer has 3d models of it as well:
    https://store.flokk.com/global/en-gb/products/hag-capisco (scroll to the bottom)

Not exactly a set blueprint, but as these are set pieces I thought others would find them useful.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Rekkert likes this.
  6. BorgMan

BorgMan Captain Captain

Those chairs are a really good resource. It might be easier this way to find them on the internet or, if all else fails, make them ourselves!

Rekkert likes this.
  7. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

@BorgMan: Indeed, that was the main reason why I started that endeavour, as it was a huge pain having to look for measurements or high quality images of chairs I didn't know the name of. :)

@batboy853: Regarding the Capisco chair, do keep in mind that, as stated in the article, the chairs used on all Trek productions other than Disco are not exactly those, but an older version of it, with a much shorter backrest connected to the seat from the back rather than the bottom. I'm sure HÅG has specific model numbers for these, but I wasn't able to find them.

[​IMG]

Here's a cheesy HÅG commercial showing both the classic and modern versions:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    batboy853 likes this.
  8. santa biggles

santa biggles Mele Kalikimaka Premium Member

I tried reaching out to Ergoform about the Enterprise-A chairs; still waiting for a response. I'm guessing that since the patent expired this year, and you can't find it for sale anywhere, that they haven't made the chair in ages, maybe decades, and the ones that got subsequent use on various VOY bridges-of-the-week were from the batch purchased for TFF.

Rekkert likes this.
  9. Rekkert

Rekkert Captain Captain

I think I found a mistake in one of the annotations made on the Equinox bridge blueprints. Specifically on this one.
    On B elevation you can see that the two steps at the bottom of the console have a combined height of 15''. Hence each individual step should measure 7.5''. However on C elevation right next to it, a single step is measured at 9.5''.

The original image is somewhat hard to read, but given how the two steps are identical it should be a 7. Besides, on the other blueprint for this bridge, there are another set of steps annotated (on C section), and each one measures 7.5'' there.

batboy853 and Lt. Washburn like this.