Spoilers Season 4 Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Discovery' started by Khan 2.0, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Blue Squadron

Blue Squadron Commander Red Shirt

Mostly just wherever I happen to be at the time.
    Yes, quite...! LD has completely thrown that!

It's even two different com badges...

Biggles likes this.
  2. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Did we ever get confirmation Kovich was the President?

The US Navy has something like 7+ uniforms. Black & white enlisted (more for duty stations than on ship), "dungaree" enlisted (for shipboard duty), black & white dress enlisted, khaki & white (and maybe black?) dress officers. Plus the deck guys on carriers wear an OD jumpsuit I think.

They may have changed something in recent years, but lots of options for any given time and place.

DaddlerTheDalek and fireproof78 like this.
  3. TPezz

TPezz Commander Red Shirt

There’s nothing to say this anomaly is going to be a season long arc. You could’ve made a season trailer from any episode in S2 that would show a different “big bad” and “world ending” plot, but have nothing to do with the overall season arc. Every season of Discovery has had twist or red herring, so I have no reason to doubt S4 won’t be the same. They wouldn’t give away the big bad in a very early trailer.

I think it looks great! I’m loving the new uniforms! (I do hope that Burnham isn’t wearing the red angel suit again at the end of the trailer though)

antinoos and PiotrB like this.
  4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I understand what you mean by not wanting to hem in ST: PIC, though that series seems to be pretty hesitant, in the first season, to even delve into what happened to the Romulans, after it doubled down on the destruction of Romulus. Even if DISCO did revisit classic species, like they did with the Romulans/Vulcans, that's still 900 or so years between DISCO (now) and PIC, so absent PIC wants to wipe out an entire species, I don't see why what PIC does has to necessarily be tied down or hemmed in by what DISCO might want to do. It would be nice if there might be some synergy between the two writing rooms and they can have PIC plant seeds that sprout in DISCO (don't know if Ni'Var or the priestess order from PIC were examples of this or not).

I was thinking a bit more about the 'new mission' DISCO has in season 4, and thought the 'old' mission from last season, of reconnecting and more so rebuilding the Federation is all the premise they need. This series has made a big deal about holding onto and championing Federation/Starfleet values ("We are Starfleet!"), and it stands to reason that there's already a baked-in story for them to now take their values and teach/reteach them in the future. This might need more exploration though into the Federation of the future to see how much different it is than the one the DISCO crew was familiar with. In any event, more worldbuilding is a good thing for DISCO and PIC.

5. guyute03

guyute03 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yay on the uniforms but I am just befuddled why there's another "event mystery". There is SO MUCH past Trek History to draw on to paint this future. Do something original please.

DarKush likes this.
  6. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Premium Member

So, Discovery is taking on a mysterious galactic threat this season? Intriguing stuff!

7. Amasov

Amasov Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm so glad they changed it up this season. :lol:

StarMan likes this.
  8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Again, nothing in the trailer implies it’s a galactic threat. It’s only 5 light years wide (so far). That feels more local to me.

NewHeavensNewEarth likes this.
  9. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

That looks nothing like it. It looks like the same suit she’s wearing at the start of the trailer, probably a new type of EV suit.
    That’s an oxymoron. Drawing on past stuff wouldn’t be original.

No, and he was wearing a badge that indicated he was a commodore, so he was starfleet.

DaddlerTheDalek, Rhodan, Timo and 2 others like this.
  10. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    XO is a position not a rank.

antinoos and SJGardner like this.
  11. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    F. King Daniel and saddestmoon like this.
  12. PiotrB

PiotrB Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I see that some people should read the definition of teaser trailer. As such it served its purpose perfectly. It showed off new versions of the uniforms, some new and returning characters, and the general look of the series being shot under pandemic conditions using the AR Wall. Other than that, it didn't give away too much of the plot. So the objectives were achieved. As for the galactic threat, that's not mentioned in the teaser so I don't know where the whining about reusing it comes from. We had to deal with such a threat only in the 2nd series. In the first series the galaxy was not threatened by anything, the same in the third series. I'm glad to hear about the resignations from watching from some posters. I know they are not true but maybe they will reduce the number of critical posts./s

antinoos likes this.
  13. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Admiral Admiral

The Terran mushroom core could have destroyed reality.

14. Yistaan

Yistaan Commodore Commodore

So why are they going TNG uniform color codes now instead of TOS uniform color codes? Captain Burnham gets the red shirt? Really? Shouldn't those go to Bryce, Rhys, Nilsson, Detmer, and Owo? :lol:

15. fireproof78

fireproof78 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Annoyed by inappropriate use of the word "Need"
    Um, no.

For painfully obvious reasons.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  16. Rhodan

Rhodan Commander Red Shirt

I would like to remind you Discovery wasn´t dealing with threat to the universe in season 3. Only event that was close to it was historical one. And this one might just be just localized natural disaster - schlocky event. Actually quite fitting for DISCO´s format.

17. Yistaan

They actually were dealing with a threat to the universe, they just didn't know it until the finale. Su'kaul had and still has "you won't like me when I'm angry" Hulk powers of galactic proportions. Abilities so powerful they neutralized literally every single Trek threat before Discovery even (thus they didn't swoop in and take over when the Fed was crippled).

Amasov likes this.
  18. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah. At best he'd be like Dick Cheney (just as an example) in the sense that his take on being President was, "Not only no, but Hell no!" Kovich probably prefers to operate under the shadows, occasionally coming out to be seen in the light.

19. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

The universe is in peril again?

Can't wait.

20. Yistaan

At this point Kovich might as well be Boothby 2.0, groundskeeper for 32nd century Starfleet academy. He lost all menace and mystery once it was revealed he wasn't responsible for Mirror Georgiou's deteriorating health. Actually maybe Fed president is a good fit for him. I recall all the previous ones on Trek were rather mundane too.